Revenge

Torn

15 years back...

 
"Befriend him, earn his trust, can you do that?" She asked, her eyes looked down on a boy who donned in all black outfit, a piece of white fabric with two black stripes circling around his arm.
 
The boy stayed silent, fidgeting with his fingers and kept his head down.
 
"Youngbae-ah, please answer me..." She pleaded, her voice started to crack.
 
"I can't mom...I'm sorry, I" Youngbae paused when he lifted his head and saw tears had trickled down her cheeks. He couldn't believe how grief has cruelly managed to take few years away from her beautiful face.
 
"Mom...please don't cry..." He lifted his hands and cupped her face, gently wipe the tears away with his thumbs.
 
His loving gesture made her heart sank, the lost of her husband and older son had left her spiraling down to bitterness, wanted nothing but revenge. She felt guilty for asking her younger son to also drown himself in the ocean of hatred and sorrow.
 
"I'm fine... don't worry Youngbae-ah" She said as he pulled him close and engulfed him in her tight embrace.
 
"I am sorry....I shouldn't have asked you to do that.....I am sorry Youngbae-ah...." She croaked, her body shook as she cried out with despair. 
 
Youngbae knew he shouldn't agree with his mother's request but the anguished look in her eyes and the way she trembled against him was breaking his heart.
 
"I'll do it mom...." He whispered against her ear and held her tight. 
 
Present day
 
Youngbae dragged his luggage and made his way toward the exit of the airport. A lot of things were weighing in his minds, causing him to be separated from his surrounding. He failed to notice that someone was waving at him and just continued to move forward.
 
"Youngbae-ah!" 
 
That voice knocked him out of his reveries, he halted his steps and turned around. He hadn't had a chance to prepare to himself when someone lunged at him and engulfed him in a tight embrace, the air out of his lungs.
 
"Youngbae-ah, Youngbae-ah" He kept on chanting his name while squeezing him in his arms.
 
"Jiyong-ah, do you miss me that much?" Youngbae croaked the words out, it was hard to speak when he didn't have enough air to breathe.
 
Jiyong released the hug, and gave a light punch on the other's shoulder. 
 
"It's been two weeks Youngbae-ah! Why did you have to go that long?"  Jiyong protested, giving him a questioned look.
 
"I am sorry Jiyong-ah, things got out of hand and it took a longer time to solve it" Youngbae said and offered him a smile. 
 
"Stop smiling, it won't work" Jiyong scolded him as he folded his arms and gave him a reprimanded look.
 
The smile on Youngbae's face slowly faded away as an apologetic look starting to find its way. 
 
Jiyong would love to a little bit more but he just can't help it, he always preferred to see a smile in Youngbae's face rather than anything else.
 
"Yah! I was just kidding!" He laughed as he threw his hand over his best friend's shoulder and shook him a bit "Let's find something to eat ok, I bet you're hungry".
 
The two best friends made their way to the airport exit with two body guards following them close behind.