Chapter 5

10 years
Please log in to read the full chapter

- Disclaimer -

I do not own The Heirs or any of the appearing characters from the show! All rights belong to their respective owners. I only own my own created characters and firms! If any names used (except those from the show) resemble those of others, it is by pure coincidence – really! Now that this is out of the way: Enjoy the story and please leave a comment ^^

 

 

Previous chapter

 

“Are you sure? Because last I checked you were going to marry him…”

“Marry who?”, Eun-Sang asked, just to be sure that they were talking about the same thing.

“Oh you know who! You’re going to…”, Rachel started, but never got to finish her sentence as a very excited Lee Bo-Na stormed into the lady’s room. “They opened the hall! Come on you too, you can continue arguing later! Let’s go!”

They just entered the hall – everyone turned their attention towards them as they were obviously late – when the MC announced: We welcome you today, to announce the engagement of Kim Tan to Kang Ye-Sol!

 

End of previous chapter

 

 

For a few short seconds there was absolute silence in the hall, even the three women in front of the doors were standing still, unable to move. Only when people started whispering again, did the three women start moving and following a still very shocked Lee Bo-Na to their table, at the very front of the hall.

Just when they had taken a seat, the doors of the hall opened and Kim Tan, clad in a stylish, black suit entered, with Kang Ye-Sol on his arms, wearing a stunning pastel gown. Instantly people started to get up and clap, welcoming the couple. It was then that Eun-Sang noticed a very familiar face, not far from her – and for a couple of seconds the world stopped turning and her vision focused on that handsome face. Until that person looked up and locked eyes with her, that’s the moment she quickly looked away and smiled at her companion, Liam.

“I take it that this is the infamous Choi Young-Do?”, Liam whispered into her hear and gave a short nod to said person. Who in return glared and sat back down when everyone else did. “And it seems like he hates me already…things are going to be fun”, Liam mumbled and took a sip from his drink.

“Don’t be silly!”, Cha Eun-Sang whispered back and turned to Rachel, who was conveniently sitting next to her. “See… I’m not marrying anyone”, she whispered, not resisting the urge to prove a point. “Peace?”, she asked and discreetly held out her hand.

“Fine, but it’s only temporary”, Rachel nearly growled out, but took her hand and shook it.

 

 

“He’s still keeping his eye on you… want me to go… and socialize with the other chaebols?”, Liam jokingly asked and before Eun-Sang could react, Liam had already disappeared from her side. Eun-Sang let out a heavy sigh and (after realizing that a handsome looking and very tall person was making his way over to her) she drowned her drink in one gulp, disposed of the glass and turned around just in time to offer Choi Young-Do a welcoming smile – well actually it was more of a grimace – but she tried.

“Choi You Do! Long time no see”, Eun-Sang beamed at him. He was still very handsome and she could only notice a few changes. Like the barely visible dark circles under his eyes (that he must’ve tried to cover up), his more pronounced cheekbones (suggesting that he had lost weight) and the way his suit hugged his well-built body (he must’ve worked out in the past years). Bu

Please log in to read the full chapter