Chapter 16

10 years
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer-

I do not own The Heirs or any of the appearing characters from the show! All rights belong to their respective owners. I only own my own created characters and firms! If any names used (except those from the show) resemble those of others, it is by pure coincidence – really! Now that this is out of the way: Enjoy the story and please leave a comment at the end –I’d greatly appreciate it! ^^

Zeus HQ

“You will not go on any further blind dates, Young-Do”, his father informed him as soon as he stepped foot into his father’s office. “The secretary cancelled all dates including tonight’s”

“Well that’s great news!”, Choi Young-Do agreed and made himself confortable on one of the lounge chairs of his father’s office – knowing that he absolutely hated his behavior. “She was rather dull anyway and her family… boring! Simply atrocious! And the one from last week…she had that weird ! Gross! Oh and that other one…can’t remember her name…but she wouldn’t stop commenting about every single thing that went on in the restaurant!”

“ENOUGH!”, his father screamed by now, gripping his desk with so much strength that his knuckled were white. “You will not go or talk of any blind dates, because you have now one single target. You NEED to success, you hear? You have no other choice! We need that woman’s influence and money to make sure that Zeus survives!”

“What?! Father you are completely out of your mind! I will not marry some random woman! Forget it!”, Young-Do protested even thought he knew that his efforts would be in vain. If his father had commanded something, Young-Do had to follow – if he didn’t he’d loose every thing he owned and Young-Do wasn’t ready for that. He didn’t know if he would ever be ready for that.

“I don’t care what you say! You will focus on swooning Sunny Chang! You will marry her! If you do not succeed in getting her to marry you, you can say goodbye to your mother dearest!”, Young-Do’s father threatened him with a cruel smile, truly liking the horror that was so clearly visible in his son’s eyes.

Young-Do knew that these weren’t just empty threats, he knew that his father could and would make his mother disappear again if he so wished and Young-Do knew that he certainly did. He had never liked the fact that Young-Do had found his mother again and that he was trying to rebuild their relationship. However, Choi Dong-Wook was happy that he held leverage over his son – that way he could easily control him and (if needed) crush him to pieces.

“Fine! But how do you plan to marry me with her, if no one can contact her and if no one knows what she looks like or where she lives?!”, Young-Do demanded with hate, trying not to show his father the devastation he felt upon hearing both his threat and his command. Now that he had finally both women he so cherished back in his life, he didn’t want to give up any of them up. He didn’t want to loose his mother again, but he also didn’t want to loose Cha Eun-Sang again. He had lost her once and he didn’t like the person he had become during that time, cold, angry, hateful – exactly like his father. It had felt like someone had torn a huge gap in his chest and ripped out his heart with bare hands – he didn’t want to experience that feeling again. Now that he could have a second chance, now that he saw what she made out of him when she was next to him – he didn’t want to ever let her go. She made him feel alive, like he was worth something, like he would be able to take on everything that his father pushed in their way, like his heart wasn’t just a cruel, cold, black thing but actually something he could be proud of, something positive, something that let him feel emotions. No this time he would fight for her, he would fight his father and he was certainly not going to marry a random woman just because she had money!

“Why don’t you use that little friend of yours? That first love of yours that works for the representative of the firm? Looks like your silly emotions for a commoner will finally be of some use for us!”, Choi Dong-Wook spat with distaste, hating that he would need a commoner’s help to put his plan into motion.

 

That same day

“Choi Young-Do? What an honor to receive your phone call! Shouldn’t you be calling Cha Eun-Sang?”

“I will call her later…but I need to see you. Can we meet somewhere?”

“Oh with pleasure!”, Liam answered and pulled out a pen from his drawer. “You sound very…troubled. I guess this should be a secret from Cha Eun-Sang?”

“I do not like secrets, but for now I guess that it has to. We need to talk about your chairwoman and my father’s plans. Can we meet…in an hour? At the park?”

“Alright, I’ll be there”, Liam responded and hung up. He had a feeling that he wouldn’t like what he was going to hear. If his Sunny couldn’t know for the moment and Young-Do mentioned her as well as his father…oh he suspected what he would be saying. The question was just if he should go against Young-Do’s wish not to inform Sunny or if he should respect it.

“Hey, what’s tormenting you? I’ve been knocking and calling your name for quite some while, didn’t you hear me?”, Sunny asked, making Liam jump in his seat out of surprise. “What’s wrong?”, she asked with concern clearly visible on her face and took his hand in hers. “Tell me”

And so Liam did just that. He told her everything and he felt immediately relieved. “I didn’t know if I should tell you or not. He seemed worried on the phone. He mentioned you, well your position, and his father – it seems as if something big is happening”

“Oh I can believe that! Someone told me that he was trying to get as much information as possible about me – he’s planning something big and seeing that it involves his son… I’d say he’s trying to marry his son to Sunny Chang”, Eun-Sang replied and sat on his desk, looking out the big windows. She had a frown on her face and Liam knew that she was thinking of a plan too. “He wanted you to meet in an h

Please log in to read the full chapter