Chapter 15

10 years
Please log in to read the full chapter

-Disclaimer-

I do not own The Heirs or any of the appearing characters from the show! All rights belong to their respective owners. I only own my own created characters and firms! If any names used (except those from the show) resemble those of others, it is by pure coincidence – really! Now that this is out of the way: Enjoy the story and please leave a comment at the end –I’d greatly appreciate it! ^^

“Kim Tan…what are you doing here?”, Cha Eun-Sang asked with hostility in her voice, all traces of her former joy erased from her face and voice. She quickly shut the door to the conference room and pulled down the blinds so that no one could watch them. Only then did she feel strong enough to face her former boyfriend.

“Hello to you too”, he said sarcastically, playing around with his phone on the table while looking at her – eyes fixed on her like a hawk. “Seems I don’t quite get the same greeting as your Choi Young-Do”

“Oh shut up! What do you want? I don’t have all day to waste with you, so say what you want to say and leave”, Cha Eun-Sang spat out and took a seat as far away from him as possible. She ignored her instincts telling her to run away.

“Straight down to business, I like that”, Kim Tan uttered with a heavy sigh and concentrated on her. Eun-Sang tried hard not to pull a face and puke at that.  “You’ve changed quite a bit since I last saw you”, he suddenly commented and Eun-Sang had to prevent herself from flinching at that statement. Sudden images that she had vowed to forget flashed to her mind, but she stayed calm and glared at him. “I don’t call this straight down to business, Kim Tan. What. Do. You. Want?”

“I wanted to thank you for coming to the ceremony… Ye-Sol and I wanted to greet you, but you were already long gone. However, that’s not the reason why I’m here. I wanted to know what’s going on between Liam and you”

Cha Eun-Sang started chuckling at that. It was so predictable of him, to come mess in her life when he wasn’t even concerned anymore. “Kim Tan, I don’t know if you remember, but I have no obligation to respond to you – especially when you come and intrude on my workplace. Besides, the only person you should be questioning is your fiancé or have you already forgotten about her?”

“Cha Eun-Sang!”, Kim Tan warned her with a raised voice. He was slowly loosing patience and he couldn’t understand why she was being so stubborn! “It is not wise to sleep with one’s boss! What if something happens?!”

“Oh that’s rich! Why do you suddenly care? You should’ve cared eight years ago!”, Cha Eun-Sang now screamed at her former lover, her hands trembling out of rage she felt for him. “But you didn’t. You never, ever turned around – so I do not see why you are pretending to care now. Anything else?”

Kim Tan was raging with anger, he hid his hands so she wouldn’t be able to see him fist them. He desperately wanted to hit something, to smash something. “There was no reason for me to turn around that time ago!”

“No reason?! You hit me! You pushed me! Because of you I fell down the stairs! I was literally bleeding to death! But no, no reason to turn around? I should

Please log in to read the full chapter