Chapter 3

10 years
Please log in to read the full chapter

- Disclaimer -

I do not own The Heirs or any of the appearing characters from the show! All rights belong to their respective owners. I only own my own created characters and firms! If any names used (except those from the show) resemble those of others, it is by pure coincidence – really! Now that this is out of the way: Enjoy the story and please leave a comment ^^

 

 

Previous chapter

“Sister! Haven’t seen you in a while, what are you doing here?”, Young-Do asked with raised eyebrows and walked past her into his office, knowing that she would follow anyway. ….

“I wanted to know if you heard the news.”

“What news?”, Young-Do wanted to know, his interest sparked. He tried to rack his brain for any possible clues, but he found none – at least none that he was comfortable with.

“So you haven’t heard yet… interesting…”, Young-Do heard Rachel mumble to herself before she straightened in her seat and looking him straight in the eyes. “Kim Tan is getting married”, Rachel quickly said and braced herself for Young-Do’s reaction.

End of previous chapter

 

 

Y-D P.O.V.

 

Young-Do was in his bed, but sleep just wouldn’t come. He kept tossing and turning, changing his sleeping position, but nothing worked. In fact he even had the impression that with every change of position sleep evaded even more. After one last unsuccessful try, he finally gave up and sat up straight in his bed. A bit dazed he glanced at the clock next to his bed.

“02:34… oh well”, Young-Do mumbled and tussled his hair. He threw the covers to the side and got up, walking through his dark apartment towards the kitchen. With closed eyes he opened the fridge and blindly searched for a water bottle.

With his bottle in his hand he let himself down on the white couch of his spacious living room. Looking around the dark room, only illuminated by the lights coming from Seoul’s streets, he suddenly questioned himself why he gad gotten such a big apartment.

“It’s not like there’s anyone visiting me…”, he mumbled to himself and let his head rest on one of the cushions. “And here I am talking to myself…”

He stayed like that for a certain time, his thoughts wandering off until something made him open his eyes and with a new found energy, he walked to one of the many bookshelves, searching for that one book and going back to his original spot. There he grabbed a remote from a nearby table, pressed a button and the lights went on. Young-Do had to squint at the brightness of it all, but soon enough he could see again.

“So you’re really marrying him after all…”, Young-Do spoke out loud, while tracing the person’s face on the picture with his index. She was smiling so brightly, her eyes shining and the cheeks were showing a hint of red. No doubt she had been nervous the day the picture was taken. Fondly he remembered that day, where he was just Choi Young-Do and she was just… Cha Eun-Sang. There was no bad blood between them at that time, no person to interfere… and most of all – no Kim Tan.

 

E-S. P.O.V.

“Sunny! Wake up and shine!”, Eun-Sang got woken by a booming voice. Angrily she sat up in bed and glared at the person who dared to intrude in such a brutal way. “Who even drums on pots anymore? That’s so outdated!”, Eun-Sang continued to complain and glared at her friend. “Who even gave you the keys to this apartment?”

“I have my ways!”, Liam answered cheekily and jumped on her bed. If she hadn’t been so angry and so tired still, she would’ve wondered how a thirty-year-old man could still jump around on a bed – while wearing a designer suit!

“Okay, okay! I give up!”, Eun-Sang exclaimed aggravated and threw her pillow at Liam. Which he easily caught, mid-jump, and plopped down on her bed next to her. “Why are you here?”

“You’re mother called you several times, but seeing as you never answered, she went on to call me – and I came to check on you.”

“Oh my god!

Please log in to read the full chapter