Chapter 1

10 years
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

- Disclaimer -

I do not own The Heirs or any of the appearing characters from the show! All rights belong to their respective owners. I only own my own created characters and firms! If any names used (except those from the show) resemble those of others, it is by pure coincidence – really! Now that this is out of the way: Enjoy the story and please leave a comment ^^

 

“Miss? Your… mother is waiting for you. We should be leaving…”, the driver spoke quietly, afraid of breaking the silence, afraid of the young woman’s reaction.

Eun-Sang took a moment to realize that the driver had just spoken to her and turned her head towards the young man. Suddenly she realized that she hadn’t even asked for his name since arriving in Korea… and that had been two days ago. “Oh… uhm?” “Sung Joon”, he offered with a shy smile.

Eun-Sang offered him a sad look, before shaking her head to clear out her thoughts and most importantly the images of a certain person. “I’m sorry, Sung Joon, I must still suffer under some jetlag. You’re right, I shouldn’t keep my mother waiting for so long.”

 

-20 minutes later-

 

“Omma!”, Eun-Sang nearly cried as she threw herself in her mother’s arms. She hadn’t seen her for a year and a half. She had simply been too busy and her mother had refused to accept any kind of money from Eun-Sang – even if she could’ve paid for business tickets from Seoul to New York and back every week – and that comfortably.

Once Eun-Sang stepped back from her mother’s arms, her mother smiled lovingly at her and pushed some strands of hair out of her daughter’s face.

“You’re late”, her mother told her in sign language, but she was still smiling lovingly.

“Omma! Don’t you have anything else to say to me after not seeing me for more than a year?”, to which she earned a soft smack on the back of her head.

“Don’t be silly! We’ve seen each other on skype, on pictures and we’ve texted frequently!”

“You’re really something”, Eun-Sang told her mother and both went to take a seat at the table.

The room (a secluded, private room in a very famous restaurant, often frequented by idols, businessmen/women, politicians and generally all other people that didn’t want to be seen by the general public while enjoying their private life and or other things) was spacious, decorated and painted in earthy colors and in the background soft jazz music was playing.

“You look lovely tonight, my darling”, her mother let her know, just before a young waitress entered their room and brought them their pre-ordered dinner.
While eating they talked about minor subjects, such as the weather, the news and other things. But Eun-Sang noticed more than once that her mother was receiving quite a few text messages during their dinner and after the waitress had cleared the table and brought them coffee, Eun-Sang couldn’t hold back anymore.

“Omma? Are you perhaps hiding a secrete lover from me?”, she asked her with a huge grin. Eventhought the idea had bother her at the beginning of their dinner, she had to admit that she actually wasn’t displeased with the idea of her mother having a ‘boyfriend’. If she had one, and by now she was rather sure of it, she wouldn’t need to worry about her mother all the time – someone apart from her would be taking her of her mother – not that she didn’t want to – but since Eun-Sang was often away, she feared that her mother might be getting lonely as the years passed.

“A boyfriend? How ridiculous!”

“Oh, it wouldn’t be that ridiculous! Actually it would be rather sweet!”, Eun-Sang exclaimed a bit too loud, for which she earned a ‘death stare’. Her mother quickly grabbed her phone and furiously began tipping, handing her phone to Eun-Sang once she written all she had to say.

­~Sweet? At my age… no I do not have a boyfriend and I don’t plan to have one. I’m already way too old for such a thing. In case you haven’t noticed, men of my age usually want pretty and young girls ~

Eun-Sang was about to say something, however just in that moment a text came in. Her mother tried to snatc

Please log in to read the full chapter