Chapter 4

10 years
Please log in to read the full chapter

- Disclaimer -

I do not own The Heirs or any of the appearing characters from the show! All rights belong to their respective owners. I only own my own created characters and firms! If any names used (except those from the show) resemble those of others, it is by pure coincidence – really! Now that this is out of the way: Enjoy the story and please leave a comment ^^

 

Previous chapter

“Apparently there’s a gathering on Friday night. Seems like everyone’ll be there”, Myung-Soo answered, sure that it had something to do with Kim Tan’s wedding. “She said that it was Kim Tan who called her to inform her of this gathering…”

“I’m busy on Friday night”, Young-Do immediately answered, knowing that he must appear weak to his friend.

“Aigoo! I knew you were going do say that, that’s why I told Rachel, that I’d make sure to tell you and to see that you would actually come”, Myung-Soo told Young-Do and let himself down on the couch next to him. “Look… I know it’s not easy for you and that it’s probably going to be even harder, but I think that you should go… at least that way, you’ll be able to tell her goodbye once and for all. And besides… you haven’t seen her in over ten years, Young-Do!”

Young-Do simply looked at his friend, trying to ignore that certain pain in his chest. The pain he always had when he thought of her, his Cha Eun-Sang. Well, not his… she had never really been his. He had lost his chance, the second Kim Tan came into the picture and even then, he hadn’t known that he had actually already lost her way before.

End of previous chapter

 

Friday

“Do I really have to go?”, Eun-Sang asked for the hundredth time, still going through her closet to find something suitable to wear, while Liam and Yoon Chan-Young were playing video games against each other while sitting on Eun-Sang’s bed. Both guys were completely ingrossed in their Mario Kart game on their Gameboys and so Cha Eun-Sang had to call twice before they reacted.

“Yes! Now stop interrupting our game! I’m about to win!”, Chan-Young shouted back, eyes fixed on the screen.

“Ha! You wish!”, Liam replied.

“Ya! Guys! You’re here to cheer me up, not to play stupid videogames. With that said, both males paused their games and simultanosly look up – jaws dropping at Eun-Sang’s outfit. She was wearing a figure hugging , simple black dress with a v cut, which stopped just above the knees. Her long, black hair was in a messy bun. To finish the look Eun-Sang was wearing natural makeup, pearl and diamant earrings, a matching bracelet and watch, a grey clutch and in her other hand she was holding a pair of black highheels.

Noticing that her friends were not saying anything, Eun-Sang worriedly looked at herself in the mirror.

“Is the outfit not good enough?”, she uncertainly asked her friends, worrying that she had to go once again on a hunt for another outfit – which she absolutely didn’t want to as it had already taken her over an hour to find that one, and all because she was so nervous and simply couldn’t decide.

“It’s…”, Chan-Young started to say.

“Perfect”, Liam concluded for him and offered her a bright smile. “Absolutely perfect.”

“Are you sure? I don’t know… maybe I should leave the diamonds at home? Gosh, I hate to be so unsure! For goodness sake it’s just a small gathering with people from High School!”, Eun-Sang exclaimed rather frustrated, put her shoes on the bedside table and joined the guys on her bed. She was filling all sorts of emotion and she just wanted to close her eyes for a moment.

“Well I wouldn’t be too sure about the ‘small’ gathering. Jeguk High doesn’t do small, you should know that by now”, Chan-Young told her with a smirk and laughed when Eun-Sang glared at him. “Oh come on, it’s not every day that the heir of Jeguk announces his impending marriage –especially to another ex-student of the same school”, Chan-Young explained and gave Eun-Sang a wink. That’s when she decided that he had definitely spent too much time with Lee Bo-Na and her friends.

“Ha. Ha. Ha. For the last time! I am not marrying that guy! Geez, it’s been a couple of years since we broke up and you know that. Stop making jokes about the wedding, it’s already bad enough that everyone thinks I’m getting married…”

“Sunny, don’t be so upset. It’s just a big, fat misunderstanding – nothing else and everyone will realize it this evening”, Liam told her reassuringly and was about to continue when he received a text message. “Looks like the driver is here for us, we should head down.”

“Oh! I should quickly call my Bo-Na and tell her we’re going to pick her up!” Chan-Young e

Please log in to read the full chapter