SIX : Sorry

Wrong number

The sun was starting to rise. Various shade of yellow, orange and red adorned the sky transforming it into a breathtaking canvas. The cool wind was blowing carrying the sweet smell of flowers along with it. 

Yoongi lied on the grass taking in the fresh air. The soft grass below him tickled him a bit. But he just ignored it as the enviroment was calming him. He slowly got up in a sitting position and ran his hand through his hair. He placed his hand on the grass balancing himself on them. He threw his head back inhaling the air

Slowing moving his head to one side, he opened his eyes. He caught a glimpse of a girl sitting few meters away from him. She was also sitting on the grass, wearing a white dress. Long black hair skillfully masked her face. Yoongi watched as the girl stood up and started to walk away. Our of curiosity, Yoongi himself stood up and lightly ran toward the girl.

"Hey", he called out.

The girl stopped and turned slightly but not enough for Yoongi to see her face. "Hi" he greeted her again as he reached up to her. 

"Hello" she replied in a small but sweet voice. As soon as the words left , Yoongi felt something odd. He felt as if they have talked before. 

He tried to look at her face. But those long black hair added up with the blowing wind weren't helping much. Unconsciously, Yoongi took a step toward the girl, which made the girl step back away from him. Worried that maybe he scared her, he held both of his hand up in air.

"Hey! Don't be afraid."

"I have to go"she spoke. Again Yoongi felt the same weird feeling, when he heard her voice. Her voice, it was like Yoongi had been hearing it for all to life. But he just couldn't name it. "Please stop" words escaped Yoongi's mouth as the girl started to walk away but stopped upon hearing him speak. Yoongi spoke again,"Stay for a while...please"

Yoongi debated wheather to approach her or not. He decided to keep some distance, in case she moved back like before. "I'm sorry, Yoongi"

Now it was his turn to be shocked. How did she know his name? He clearly remembered that he hadn't introduced himself yet. Is she someone he knows? Is that why her voice seems familiar to him? Then again, why is she sorry? Why is she apologising to him? Questions started flood in mind which were left unanswered as the girl again turned back. Before she walked away she spoke softly.

"Take care of yourself, Yoongi" 

And then the realisation hit him. The eyes widened to the point that his eyeball could pop out any minute. He was in total loss of words but the mind was running on full speed.

Soomin

That voice. That sweet cheerful voice that could light up your day. How could he forget it? Why didn't he realised it sooner? As he was trying to recover from the shock, Soomin had walked away from him. He ran toward her and tries to catch up to her. He couldn't reach her. But he wasn't give up. No way I would give up on her.

No matter how much he ran couldn't reach her. He couldn't hold onto her. But he kept running and running. 

He kept running and running

 

 

DASHI RUN RUN RUN!!!!!

 

Yoongi fell on the on the cold floor, real hard. He looked around with his eyes half closed, trying to understand where he is and what the hell just happened. His comforter was wrapped around his legs as if to tie them up. He could hear the loud blaring music unmistakably from his neighbour's room.

He roughly ruffled the hair and let out a groan. He was sure that despite the sore due the falling in the floor, he must have lost some of his brain calls due to the insanely loud volume.

Empty packets of cigarette caught yoongi's attention. Another one on the table waited for him. He slowly stood up and walked toward the cigarettes. Not even bothering to wash up first, he took one cigarette. Three more. He lit it up and took a long drag, letting the smoke fill his lung.  He got out on his balcony throwing the smoke out.

It had been three days since the showcase. The college had given them a well deserved break for a week. Normally, Yoongi would v really glad to get a break. But right now Yoongi was regretting it. For the past three days, he had been literally living on his bed. He only got up to buy cigarettes or to eat,which mostly consist of some unhealthy snack which were thrown before that were even half finished.

He had been smoking more and more. New burns littered over his skin. Some on his arm, some on his thighs and even in the stomach. Sometimes he'll just stub one cigarette in one place. But sometimes he'll stub it all over his skin until the fire dies out. 

Yoongi watched as a girl jumped on the bed in his neighbour's room and mind you there is another human sleeping on the bed.He recognized the girl as the crazier and louder friend of his already crazy and loud neighbour. He just sighed and entered his room. He checked his phone to find 5 missed calss from Hoseok and 3 from Namjoon. They have been calling him. Maybe they wanted to hang out or something. But he just ignored it and never bothered calling them back.

He just wanted to stay alone.

He just wanted to be left alone.

Yoongi had began to think that if he has people around him, he'll just disappoint them, betray them and become a burden for them. So it is better to keep some distance.

 

"Stooooopppp!!!"

"Wake up!!!"

"I don't want to"

"I don't care" 

And with that Soomin's blanket was pulled off her body. Annoyed and cold she started to roll over her bed, whining.Soomin had been planning to sleep all morning in her bed because for god sake it was Sunday and her parents weren't home. But her dream was crushed,  when an overly excited Yuri decided to show up jumping in her bed with loud music blaring. 

Reason of Yuri's excitedness. Her date with Taehyung in the amusement park. Since both Yuri and Soomin's parents were out of town for some buisness stuff and a small vacation, Yuri and taehyung decided to go on a date,  after a long time. 

As Yuri kept jumping on her bed, Soomin finally got up to prevent herself from being crushed by her friend. She entered her bathroom but not before muttering a small 'brat' under her breath. To which yuri quickly retorted, "I heard that" ." You were supposed to"she replied from the bathroom.

As Soomin entered her room after wasting up, yuri was all over her talking about her plans with taehyung. Soomin just slumped on her bed and watched her lovestricken friend babble. 

Yoongi.That's what she had been thinking for days. Her mind will be completely occupied by him.Yoongi hadn't call her. He hasn't called her for a week before also, but this time, it was different.

Was he hurt it maybe angry? Did he felt betrayed?

Of course, who wouldn't. When you trust people with the issues about your life but later find out that the person isn't who you are expecting, you'll feel betrayed. And Soomin had done that to Yoongi. After what he had him through and still going on, it would be real hard to be betrayed like that and it made Soomin feel the worst that she was the reason behind it.

"Hello?Down to earth Soomin"Yuri waved her hand infront of her. "Huh. Yeah yeah"Soomin forced out a smile."Is something bothering you?" Yuri was quick. "Huh.it's nothing"

"Eeh don't lie to me"

"No it's nothing"Soomin replied. " There is something bothering you. I know it. Just spill it out." Soomin knew that she couldn't keep it from yuri, so she took a long breath and started to explain it to her. 

 

Soomin was returning from the convenience store along with some groceries. She was softly humming as she walked slowly. After talking with yuri, Soomin thought that she would feel lightened but it didn't help much. She still felt guilty over what she had done.

As she reached her house and was in middle of talking the keys out of her pocket, she heard some sniffling sound. She stopped and looked around. As she tried to find the source of the sound, she realised it was coming from her neighbour's house. She debated whether to move further or return back. But eventually she entered the small gate of her neighbour's house which was open. She started to look around but as soon as she found what she was looking for, she gasped and covered with her hand because it wasn't something she was expecting to see.

Blood dripping from the wrist and more oozing out of the fresh cuts. Soomin's eyes widened to their fullest as she watched a boy slicing his wrist with a green piece of glass. If it was some months ago, Soomin would have immediately closed her eyes and run back. But all the events that happened stopped her from doing so. Slowly Soomin approached him. The strong smell of Soju hit her hard and she scrunched her nose in attempt to block the smell . 

Carefully she held his hand, the one holding the glass. Then he looked up to her.  His half lidded eyes were filled with tears flooded with emotions. She gave him a smile and slowly took the glass piece for him. The boy didn't protest but kept staring at her. This made her a bit uncomfortable. 

He kept slurring some words which sounded like 'sorry'. 

Soomin knew it was stupid but she asked him anyways."You live here, right?" But he just kept mumbling words like useless, sorry, left. Then a key on his hand whose wrist he was cutting caught her eyes. She took the key from him and ran to his door trying to open it. As expected the door opened, but the real problem was how would she take him inside? He was skinny and not much tall. But he was drunk. 

She crouched beside him. She took the hand and put it around her neck. "Come on. We're gonna go inside, okay?" And with all her strength,she pulled him up. But he couldn't stand properly, so she stumbled back a few steps. Soomin recoverd quickly and held him. She somehow managed to take him inside and lay him in the couch. As she caught her breath, the blood dropping from his wrist caught her attention. He was losing blood. She started to panic and look around. She had no idea where the first aid box could be. So she ran back to her own house to get one.

As she was cleaning his cuts, he kept mumbing and rolling his head. Now that she had  cared for his cuts, she noticed his face. The pure white skin made him look like a baby, but the bright mint color showed a rebellious attidude, which was contrasting to his face. 

What could have happened? What might have pushed him to such an extent that he start to hurt himself? Soomin wondered as she studied him and listened to his 'sorry's. His voice was getting clearer and it was getting her confused. His voice, it gave her a feeling that she had heard it before. But she was sure that she had never talked to her neighbour before. She ran her hand through his hair as she failed to resist herself. She suddenly remembered her grocery bags which she had left in her doorstep. Now that his wounds were treated and he was safe inside his house, Soomin decided she should leave and maybe check up on him later. As she tried to stand up. She felt fingers wrapping around her wrist. She looked back. The boy unconsciously held her hand as he spoke in a clearer way,

"I'm sorry, Soomin. I'm sorry"

 

 

Hi guys! So it's 1:36 am here and I'm back with another crappy chapter. I'm really really sorry for the super late update. I'll try to update in time. 

Thank you all for subscribing and commenting. I really love to read your comments. Please leave some feedback.

English is not my first language and I'm just learning. So if you find some errors, feel free to point them out. I'll edit them and try not to repeat them.

So until next update bye bye. Take care ^_^