THREE : Don't hang up

Wrong number

•••(((A/N : Subject like selfharm are included in this chapter. Please be careful, while you read)))•••

 

I need help.

I need help.

I need help.

The previous conversation with a crying lady on the phone kept playing on soomin's head over and over again, like a broken cassette.

The lady had started crying hysterically, panicking soomin. But after few minutes of crying, the lady calmed down. When soomin tried to say something, she was cut off by the lady. The lady thanked her and ended the call with out even waiting for soomin to reply.After reaching home, she took a long shower to clear her mind and went downstairs to help her eomma to make dinner.

        Yoongi returned back from park late. It was already dark and he hadn't eaten anything except few glasses of juice. He decided to make some ramyun. Just when he started to eat, his phone beeped indicating a text message. He tapped on it. It was a text from his bank informing him about the monthly transfer of money into his account by his dad. He let out a sigh. Every month, his dad sent him money. But that's not what yoongi wanted. The buisness, the house, all the money. It was never what he wanted for himself. He threw his ramyun after losing his appetite and started to walk to his room upstairs.

His house had a small bedroom upstairs. Instead of using the bigger ones downstairs, he used it. He would sit in the balcony, enjoy the cool breeze. Maybe smoke sometimes or write. Or maybe just relax and let his mind clear out. He liked it more. He lit a cigarette and took a puff, when the light in the upstairs in the house just opposite to it . Since the road between opposite houses isn't that wide, yoongi instantly recognised the person that stepped out.

It's the annoying loud girl. Even though he never met or socialised with his neighbours, he knew this girl. He didn't knew her name, but yoongi will recognise her in a crowd, if she opens her loud little mouth. Whenever yoongi found peace, it would immediately be disturbed by loud kpop songs coming from her room and when he looks from his window, he could see her dancing like crazy.

*Wait... Can I even call it dance? She looks like is trying to fly with her arms as wings. I bet even Namjoon dances better than her*

Last night he could hear loud music and girls screaming from her room, if he wasn't so turned off and tired at that time, he would have most definitely walked into her house and sealed with a tape. But right now, she is quiet and tired. Soon she drifted to dreamland in the cold balcony. Yoongi just shook his head and decided to get some sleep himself.

Next morning, soomin woke up not because of her alarm but due cold wind making her shiver. She slowly opened her eyes and started looking around, not quite understanding why she is in her balcony instead of her warm bed. And then it clicked in. She had came out to the balcony because she couldn't sleep last night.

She had recieved two more calls after dinner, both from unknown numbers. Gladly, this time there was no one crying. But they did sound upset and tensed. And what caught her attention that both the caller where asking for someone called 'Jin'. She was pissed and confused, but not wanting to sound rude, she kindly told them that they may have got the wrong number and ended the call. Soomin tried to get up, but she couldn't. Her neck was stiff and arms sore.

"Aargh!! What a great way to start a day" she complained to herself. When she finally succeeds, her eyes caught on something but when she looked back, it wasn't there.

*I bet I saw something green, like that green headed stranger. Maybe I'm just dreaming*

she entered the shower shaking her head. She opened her phone, she finds nine missed calls all from unknown number.

*Why am i not suprised?*

Soomin slowly ate her breakfast, bid her eomma and appa goodbye and started walking to school. She reached her school early to find that Yuri isn't feeling well, so she won't attend school. It meant only one thing. It's gonna be a long day. Long day with boring classes, lonely break and lunch with a babbling lovestricken taehyung.

Yoongi had no classes till 10. He poured himself milk and cereal although he wasn't hungry. With all the blood he is losing from his cuts and the intense choreo for the showcase, he couldn't afford passing out. Moreover, getting admitted to hospital, his parents being informed. Everbody finding about his habit and looking at him pity, maybe disgust. He definitely couldn't afford it. After breakfast, he passed his time doing this and that.

He tried to write, but his mind just went blank. Nothing came to him. After good two hours of brainstroming, writing and again scratching it away, he groaned in frustation ruffling his minty green hair. He decided to leave early, so he could have some alone time in his studio.

School ended and as usual soomin checked her phone on her way back. She had no calls , especially from unknown number, but she had a text. She taps on it nervously. The text said" hey!! Sorry to bother you but if I'm not wrong you may be recieving some calls lately from differnt people. As soon as she recieve this text please give me a call.-Jin".

Soomin knew that the person who her this text knows the reason behind these weird calls she has been getting. She quickly dialled the number and waited for someone to reply, unconsciously biting her lower lips. After having a brief talk with someone called Jin, she was heading to the nearest cafe from her school, as requested by him because he insisted in talking in person.

The cafe wasn't particularly busy. Just few high school student just like her hanging out after school. She saw a boy in the far corner sitting by the window talking on his phone. As soon he saw her, he ended the call and walked toward her.

"Hello, I'm Kim Seokjin. You are Kim soomin right?" "yeah" soomin replied. Soekjin guided her to his table and gave her a warm smile as he took his seat. Soekjin was quite handsome. No, he was really handsome.

Tall body, broad shoulders, beautiful eyes, plump pink lips and a very warm smile. "you must be confused, right?" he asked and soomin said yes. "So I'll explain you" he said giving another smile. Soejin was a senior at college and he volunteered at the helpline. The helpline was specifically for people who need someone to talk to, who are depressed and have no one to share their problems with.

Soomin just kept nodding, although she couldn't imagine what would make people want to talk to strangers in phone instead of their family and friends. But she knew she has no authority to judge them. Soekjin further explained that he dropped his phone into his kitchen sink full of water while he was cooking. So he had to replace it. He didn't have the number of the callers who called him, so he made an advertisement about the change in number and also wrote it in his social networking sites. But there was a typing mistake and instead of his number another number was printed. One of the volunteer called him today , saying he got a call from seokjin's regular caller because his call's where not answered. He found about the error in the advertisement and immediately texted soomin.

" I'm really sorry. It must have really bothersome for you" he apologised to soomin again and again. " No No it's okay. It isn't your fault completely and I haven't even recieved a call since this morning." soomin assured him."It's because people call during night. When they are lonely and need someone".Soomin just made a O with nodding. "I should have checked the advertisement before using.Ahh.. I'm really stupid"."So now that we have found out. What are we gonna do?"Soomin asked."Don't worry. I've already thought about it"he quickly replied. Seokjin carefully noted all the number soomin had recieved call from. He told that he will call them all and inform them about the mistake. He asked soomin to give other callers his number if they called again.

They exchanged number and seokjin promised to give soomin a treat as an apology for the trouble he caused, even if soomin tried to deny it. Finally they parted theor ways.

Yoongi decided to play basketball even if he was a bit tired. When he returned back, He was greeted by the sight of his dad waiting on his doorway"Dad" yoongi spoke. It would be a lie if he said he wasn't happy to see his dad. He was happy that his dad cared to pay him a visit. But his dad's expression said something else. Yoongi quickly opened the door and stepped aside for his dad enter. His eyes caught on his dad's hand. He couldn't figure out what it was, but it looked like a letter. His dad scanned the hall and his eye stopped at a certain thing, an ashtray. He turned back to his son who had his head hanging low already knowing what he saw.

"You are smoking?" his dad asked. Yoongi kept quiet too guilty to explain himself. He knew his dad never liked smoking. He just kept waiting for his dad to explode upon him. For smoking, peircing on his ears, dying his hair with some stupid minty green colour. These were the things his dad clearly didn't liked but yoongi had done them.

"Answer me, Min yoongi" yoongi flinched a bit at the tone of anger and disgust coming from his dad.

Before he could say something he was cut off by his dad." I recieved a letter from your college".Yoongi eyes went wide"A l-letter"he stammered."Yes, an invitation letter for a showcase at your college for students studying art and music" his dad spoke. His voice still high."Care to explain it?" his dad threw a paper at yoongi, which he had been holding.

He stared at the letter for few moments before speaking,"Dad, I don't like buisness. It's not my thing. Never was. I always wanted to do music. I'm good at it, dad. But studying buisness, I-I can't . It's killing me in the inside. Dad I couldn't do it."

Yoongi had never told his parents that he wasn't studying buisness like they wanted him to. He wanted to write and produce songs. Being a heir to the family buisness that's not what he wanted for himself. But his parents never understood nor cared. They always insisted him to get good grades. They sent him to extra classes, when yoongi wanted to go to piano classes. They took him to the office, so he could get used, when yoongi wanted to stay home, listen to music and try to write. Yoongi's life was all planned by them. Even if it wasn't what he wanted.

So when he saw his oppurtunity, he moved to Seoul and started doing music. But now here he was facing his dad, who was beyond pissed."Your mom and I worked our whole to create this buisness, even after our divorce , thinking about your future. And one day you,out of nowhere, say that you don't want it and throw it way. You think we don't care about you. We made this buisness for you and now you start to take this stupid hobby of yours and betray us"

" Dad!!this just not a stupid hobby of mine. It is what I want to do with my life and it's clearly my decision, what I want to do and what not." yoongi raised his voice. For the first time. One part of him regretted doing it, it thought that yoongi was disrrespecting his father. But the other part was content because stood for himself and for his decision.

His dad just stared at him and slowly started to make his way to the door. He opened it."Don't come back home"he said without facing yoongi. Yoongi's eyes widen at his dad's sentence. He quickly turned toward his dad,"Dad"." I expected more from you." was all his dad said before he walked the slamming the door.

Yoongi broke down at the floor. His eyes started to tear up. His mouth went dry and his hands start to shake. He couldn't believe what his dad said to him. He screamed pulling his hair. He cried and cried. He slowly stood up and started to look around. He ran to his room, grabbed his pack of cigarette, but it was already empty. He threw it away in frustation. He started to get downstairs but fell on the way. His elbow was scrapped and he could feel blood flowing from his lower lips. The pain. It was so relaxing. Yoongi needed more of it. He tried to get up, but fell down again. He tried again and reached the kitchen counter. He quickly grabs the knife and slides down on the floor. He put the weapon on his left wrist. He tightened his grip. He takes a long breath and presses it against his skin. He slowly moves it.

Blood started to pour out. Another cut and then another. Blood started to drip off his hand onto the floor. But it wasn't working. His hands were still shaking. Tears never stopped. His throat felt so dry like someone is trying to strangle him. He bangs his fists on thefloor making more cuts and bruises.

BUT IT'S NOT WORKING.

He didn't even know how he ended up at the basketball cout, how his feet which felt like jelly brought him all the way there. He broke down on the concrete floor of court. He pulled his hair, screamed and cried. He started get short of breath. He couldn't breathe and he started to feel an uneasiness in the bottom of his stomach. He dragged himself to the grass and threw out. Now his head was spinning like crazy. He felt pathetic and alone. All alone left to die by himself. With no one by his side to comfort him, to tell him that it's okay even if it's not.

He faced the sky and shouted," Why? Why me?" He didn't even know who he was shouting at. Maybe god, but he didn't believe at god in the first place. His eyes suddenly caught something. And advertisement...of a helpline he saw the other day.

Yoongi didn't even have time or serenity to process what he was doing. What possesed him all of a sudden. He didn't know after all these years of suffering alone and never talking about it , now he needed someone. He needed to know that he wasn't abandoned, like a dog. He needed to know that someone is there for him even if it is a stranger in the other side of phone. He didn't care...anymore. With shaking hands, he took out his phone and dialled the number in the advertisement. He waited for someone to pick the phone.

"Hello" a sweet voice of a girl spoke.

Yoongi remained silent and the girl didn't spoke either. He kept crying silently, but relieved that someone picked up the call.

After few minutes, the girl spoke again,"Uhmm.. Actually" Thinking that she might have gotten impaintent and was going to end the call. Yoongi quickly spoke,

"Please don't hang up. Please" he pleaded

.•••(((Hi there!!! What do you think about this chapter? Please do leave a comment. Till next update, bye bye. Lots of love to bangtan and AFF)))•••