FIVE : Alone

Wrong number

He was shocked. Yoongi was shocked. All this time,  he had been talking to Soomin, thinking she was working at the helpline. But when she told him that she didn't, Yoongi couldn't decipher his feelings. Anger, sadness, shock. Betryal, maybe? No no no how can I feel betrayed. I was the one loading her with all the about my life. I was wrong. Maybe she had tried to tell me before, but i never gave her a chance. All his life, Yoongi stayed away from people,but at last when he decided to open himself to someone, he became a problem. A plague.

"Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon. You guys are up next. Get ready" the voice of the backstage staff took him out of his thoughts. He had teamed up with Hoseok and Namjoon for the performance. He always stayed at a distance from them. When Namjoon and Hoseok met to discuss their rap, yoongi wrote his part himself. But suprisingly, after starting to talk to Soomin, he slowly started to let his gaurds down. But he never called them friends, rather sticked to acquaintances.

For other, it would look like yoongi is just a cold and grumpy person, but it doesn't mean he doesn't need anyone. He is just afraid. Afraid of being misunderstood. Afraid of being left alone. But both Hoseok and Namjoon understood him, although Hoseok can be clingy and noisy sometimes. He stood alone waiting for the announcer to call him.

Months of hard work, sleepless nights, writing and rewriting again and again till his work was a perfection, All of this came to this point. It would be a lie if he said he wasn't nervous. But he was more excited. The thought of Soomin rested at the back of his head ad he tried to concentrate.

Namjoon and Yoongi were relatively calm, but Hoseok was an another story. He was squealing and jumping like a child getting ice cream. But as soon as they stepped on stage , he completely transformed in another person. Yoongi was in awe . He was impressed and shocked to some extent.

For yoongi, the performance ended quite soon. The students were cheering at the top of their voices and teachers are having a real hard time to handle them

Good. It meant they liked it and all of their hard work worked well. When they got to backstage namjoon and Hoseok hugged each other and started to jump. Namjoon shook hand with yoongi while Hoseok  insisted on a group hug, which yoongi finally obliged.Namjoon and Hoseok's family came and congratulated them. Yoongi bowed and excused himself as he had one more solo performance to go.

He was going last, which made him nervous and he started to shake. His hand became cold and started shaking. . He couldn't let his nervousness take the best of him. If it was few weeks back, yoongi would have smoked or cut or burnt himself to calm himself. But now he didn't want to go that way.

He took deep breaths and tried to relax. He tried to remember good memories and funny things. That's what Soomin had suggested him and it worked quite well, although he doesn't have particularly good memories. He remembered once his mom took him to play at the park and they had lots of fun. 

He remembered the first time he scored a point in basketball.

He remembered the annoying girl who lived opposite to him. Trying to dance to some kpop music. Waking up drooling and stiff in an awkward position in her balcony.

A smile crept on his face and he could feel himself calm down." What's with the smile on your face, hyung? " Hoseok's extra cheerful and loud voice came out of nowhere. "I'm just excited" yoongi simply replied. "Min yoongi. your solo is up next " a staff informed. "Best of luck, hyung. Fighting" Namjoon and Hoseok cheered him. Yoongi nodded and made his way to the stage.

He sat on his chair, infront of the piano and took a deep breath. At the ligts shone upon him, his finger started to dance over the keys. Flowing from one to another. Sound coming from each key joined together to form a sweet  melody. Yoongi had himself made it, practiced and polished it to perfection. He remained calm throughout his performance and ended it with grace and confidence. Then he got up from his seat and bowed to the audience. There was  silence in the hall for few moment. Yoongi became afraid that the audience didn't liked it as it was quite opposite to his previous performance.

But all his doubts cleared out, when the hall filled with thundering applause, praises and even whistling from the audiences. Yoongi felt a surge of relief and happiness film his chest. Yoongi smiled his cute gummy smile and bowed again before making his way to backstage where namjoon, Hoseok and their family were waiting for him. All of them praised and congratulated him and made their way back home. Hoseok and his family were going out for dinner while namjoon's were spending some time at his apartment. Truthfully, yoongi was quite jealous with them. Even though he didn't expected his parents to show up but still some part of him wished for them be there to watch him perform. He wished they watched him and also felt proud. But to his dismay it didn't happened. 

After getting his stuff he headed house. In the way back, he remembered that he ran out of cigarettes, this morning. He just stood there infront of the convenience store, debating whether to go inside or not. He remembered Soomin saying that she trusted him. That he would slowly give up on smoking. Her voice repeated itself in his mind.

Yoogi knew he couldn't give up it at once. So he entered the store for a packet of cigarette. When he reached his house, he lied in his bed thinking whether he should call soomi  or not. I've already burdened her a lot.....but she said she is my friend and i can talk to her anytime..but. Arghh..He kept rolling over his bed. He didn't even know when he drifted to sleep, maybe it was from the exhaustion from the performance.

Soomin kept staring at her phone screen praying  for the name ,she wanted to see, to appear, waiting for the person, she wanted to hear, to talk to her.

A/N: At last I updated. College started. I moved to the college dorm. Lot's of things are going on. Chapter completions tests are making me to crazy. I hope I can survive till the end of college

Everyone, don't forget to comment. Please comment. I want to know what you think about the story. Sooooo.... till next update. Byyeee byee.^_^

PS: please forgive me, if there are any mistakes or error. I'm dealt in a bad shape right now.