ELEVEN : Surprise

Wrong number

A/N: Before starting the chapter, I want to apologise for this extremely late update.

 

 

Yoongi stared at his phone screen.
Dad
His thumb hovering over the green sign saying call.
As usual his dad sent him money, even after their arguement. It made him feel like . Although they were pouring all of their expectations and dreams on him, they were still his parents. And they love him. He needs to sort it out and clear everything between his parents and him.
He just wants to talk to his dad and mom and tell them that he loves him. That he understands them, how they want him to have a easy life with a stable job and happy family.
He wants to make them understand that Music is what he wants. Maybe this will not give him stable job, money or house. But this will give him happiness. And isn't happiness what parents want for their child.

"Arhgghh!!!! Why is this so hard?" Yoongi ran his fingers between his now black hair. "Why is it so hard just to talk?"
He falls down on his bed.
Suddenly his phone starts to buzz.
Hoseok
"Hyung!!!"
"Hoseok, i have a good pair of ear. You don't need to scream."
"Ahh!! Hyuuungg"
"Come on Hoseok. Why did you call? I don't have all day" Yoongi lied.
"I just want to check if you know if you knew the time and place for our performance."
"Oh yeah. Text me the info."
"As expected of you. Hyung, learn to make small talks. Your girlfriend will get bored of you. If you ever manage to get one"
With that Hoseok ended the call, to save himself from Yoongi's wrath.
"Brat!!"

 * * *

"God!! I feel like a 90 years old granny" Soomin whined to herself as she walked to her home.
"I shouldn't have danced all night"
She turned her head to left. Yoongi had promised her a surprise. What can it be?
She moved her head in hope of getting a glimpse of Yoongi's bright mint hair. But when she failed, she entered her own house making a mental note to call him.

After a nice warm bath, Soomin felt like alive again
 "I'm never gonna dance like that" although it was not gonna happen She promised herself.
Holding her cellphone, she came out on her balcony. Going to her contacts, she called Yoongi.


"Hello" A rough and deep voiced yoongi greeted her. He sounded like he was sleeping or tired.


"Hey, it's me"
Yoongi gave a smale chuckle "Soomin, i have your number saved,you know. It's rude to not save your neighbour's number" he .
"Oh really, I'm your neighbour only, Min yoongi-sii?" Soomin tried to sound offeneded.
"Yeah, Kim Soomin-sii"
They both start laughing.
"It's weird to call you with your name and in formal way" Soomin said.
"You know, i was wondering that i'm older than you. You should call me oppa"
"No, that'll feel so awkward" Soomin denied.
"Oh really?!" Yoongi replied.
"Yeah. And have you ever seen your self in the mirror. If you dye your hair back to black and get rid of those dark circles around your eyes. You can pass for a baby"
"What?! You are calling me a baby. I have a reputation to uphold, brat. You are ruining my image of a cold hearted , hardcore rapper."
"You know, i wanted to see you perform."Soomin confessed.
" Really? Rapping or playing piano"
"I don't know. Anything is fine"

Yoongi wondered for some time. Should he invite her to watch his performance tommorrow? Will she want to come? 
"Yoongi? Hello? You there?"
"I'm here" Yoongi came out of his thought.
"What happened?"
"Umm i was thinking that umm" Yoongi kept hesistating.
"Come on yoongi. What are you thinking? You know you can tell me anything."
"I just wanted to ask if you want to come and watch me perform. I'm performing with Hoseok and Namjoon in a club nearby. You know Hoseok, right?"Yoongi finally asked.


"Really?! I'd love to. But i need to ask my parents"Soomin was so excited.
" Are you sure? And will your parents allow you?" Yoongi wasn't sure that Soomin's parents will allow her to go watch a rap performance in a club.

"You don't need to worry. Yuri and I will sort something out. Oh! Can i bring Yuri too, please?"

"Yeah sure, you will need someone.
 I'll text you Hoseok's number. He'll keep you company, since Namjoon and I'll be busy back stage"

"Sure, i'm so excited"

"Okay then see you tommo-""Wait!!" Soomin cut him off. "What about my surprise. I haven't forget about it."

"Oh!! You'll see it tommorrow. And i think you'll like it" Yoongi replied remembering Soomin talking about dying his hair black.

"Okay then"

* * *

Yoongi looked around. The club looked quiet and empty. But It'll be loaded with people in few hours. He can't wait to get on stage. Rapping is one of his stress reliever. Spitting words after words, moving with the beat, feeling the rush. The crowd, it was the best part. People who want to listen to him, to his music. It was so addictive, just like smoking.

He felt a tap on his shoulder. Namjoon gave him his dimpled smile.
'Excited?'
'Nah!' Yoongi denied immediately.
'Hyung, you know, you can show your feelings sometimes. Being nervous, excited, happy, it's all a part of being human. You can't feel alive unless you feel those emotions and share those with others. I know you love music, just like me and Hobi. Music is a beautiful way of expressing something you don't want to speak about. I know you don't talk much but your music speaks everything for you
' Namjoon explained with a smile never leaving his lips.
 Yoongi will never understand how Namjoon manages to get this wise words out of nowhere. But he is thankful for them at this moment.
He gave a smile and nod to Namjoon. 'Where's Hoseok?'
' He's taking to some friends. There' Namjoon pointed towards Hoseok who was talking and laughing obnoxiously with a small crowd.
'Do want to talk to him?' Namjoon asked.
"Uhh.. I have someone.... Actually some people are coming to watch the performances. Hoseok knows one of them. So i was hoping he'll keep them company. But i think he's busy"
"Wow!! You invited someone" Namjoon was honestly surprised.
Yoongi made a face. "Why is it so surprising to you?"
"No. It' nothing." Namjoon said trying to contain his amusement "Hobi can keep company to everyone here. Don't worry"
Yoongi gave him a nod.

* * *

Soomin and Yuri entered the club.

And guess what? There's a certain boy tailing them. When they Soomin was discussing about her plans to go to the club, Taehyung appeared out of nowhere and declared that it's his duty to protect his girlfriend and her bff as well. To which both of the girls have rolled their eyes.
But at the end Taehyung had succesfully accompanied them to the club.
"Soomin-ah!!!" Out of nowhere someone came and scared all three of them. After recovering from the shock, Soomin recognised Hoseok.
"Hi!! Hoseok-sii. You remember me" Soomin replied witha a polite bow.
"Of course!! Call me oppa, if it's okay with you."
"These are my friends, Yuri and Taehyung. And guys this is Hoseok oppa. Yoongi is gonna perform with him today" Soomin introduced everybody.
"And Namjoon too. You haven't seen Namjoon,right?" Soomin replied witha nod.
"You'll meet him today.Now let's find a good spot before it gets crowded, okay"
All of them followed Hoseok, who secured them a good spot and took his leave.
Before leave, Soomin called him"Hoseok oppa, where's Yoongi?"
"Oh you are gonna meet him after the performance. You have to wait for him" Hoseok replied in at teasing manner.
"Oppa, why are you teasing me. It's just that Yoongi promised me a surprise"
"Oh!! Surprise huh?! He asked me tell you that you'll get it during the performances. And by the way, i just can't ignore the fact that you call him with his name. He's older than me too. You know, right?"
Soomin nodded, "I guess he's okay with me talking informally'
" What have you done to him? He'll probably strangle me if call him by his name." Hoseok said with a exaggerated enactment of yoongi strangling him.
At that both of them start laughing.
"Okay. Go back to your friends and Enjoy" Hoseok said patting her head.

* * *

It's finally Yoongi's turn. Soomin was so excited. Finally she gets to see Yoongi rapping. It was going to amazing.
Crowd was increasing more and more. People were really anticipating their performance.
The lights on the stage where and the crowd started to cheer.
The music started and Hoseok was the first to rap. Soomin was shocked. Hoseok looked like something has possessed him. He looked so focused and serious.
Next was Yoongi. 

  Yoongi was spitting words after word. He looked like he belonged to the stage, to the beat, to the music. He was wearing a black leather jacket and heavily distressed jeans. He wore a snapback with his hair pulled back which made his face exposed. Soomin could see how much he was focused. Suddenly Yoongi took his snapback off and ran his hand through his black hair.

Soomin had imagined Yoongi in black hair. But when she actually got to see it, she can't help but let out a gasp. He looked so young and innocent, contrasting completely with the way he is moving and the words he was spitting.
Namjoon smoothly took the lead and performed his part. At the end of the performance, they bowed and thanked the crowd. Yoongi looked straight at Soomin and said his thank you again. He again played with his hair and smiled at her.
So this was his surprise.

* * *

Hoseok came out somewhat running and gasping for air.
"Wow!! Hoseok oppa you were great!!" Soomin praised him to which Yuri and Taehyung also agreed.
"Thank you!! So did you get your surprise? What was it? Did you like it?" Hoseok inquired.
"I got it and i liked it too." Soomin replied with little blush, "Where's Yoongi?"
"He's backstage. He was on the phone."
"Oh! Okay"
"Hey,hyung!"Namjoon called Hoseok.
They all turned to Namjoon. But he was alone. Yoongi wasn't with him.
" Guys, this is Namjoon and Namjoon, this is Soomin, Yoongi hyung's neighbour and today his guest. And this is Yuri and Taehyung, her friend" Everyone greeted eachother.
"Hyung" Namjoon started to wispher to Hoseok. Soomin and her friends kept watching them.
After few moments, Hoseok turned to Soomin and said,"Yoongi hyung had to go to back to Daegu. He had asked us to drop you guys back home"

 

 

 

A/N: Guys, your author is back. I don't want to give any excuse about this super duper late update. Most of you may have already forgot about this story. But thanks a lot for not unsubscribing. Enjoy reading and as always leave comment. Please I want to know what you are thinking. Just say hi but leave a comment. Please!!!