Season 1 - Chapter 25

Access Granted (Small Hiatus until fully planned)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“For those of you who haven’t participated before” The chief stood in front of the entrance of the woods surrounded by the search team and the volunteers. “We’re looking for ___, twenty years old; this is a very recent picture.” He pointed to a poster on a board right next to him. “She was wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, a blue hoodie and a dark jacket, the same jacket as the picture.” He pointed at it once more. “She has a broken leg so she’s also wearing a cast and crutches. She was last seen entering these woods while using her crutches and carrying a backpack. Anything you see that gets your attention let us know, that you all for joining us.”

 

 

You didn’t know how long you slept, or if you even slept at all. Everything you opened your eyes, you focused on finding the red light that didn’t stop blinking.

Once the sunlight entered the room, you started putting your plan into motion.

You sat up, leaning on the wall, and then reached for the backpack. You took the tape and put it inside, taping it to one of the pieces of cardboard from the cans. You pretended to scratch your back and taped the cardboard to your clothes.

You took a deep breath and stood up, using the wall for support. You tried your best to keep yourself from putting pressure on your broken leg.

You noticed that if you tiptoed you could reach the ceiling and that made your plan easier.

Using your hands on the floor for support, you managed to reach the center of the room, just under the cover and used all your strength to stand up.

You took the tape from your clothes and reached up to the cover, using it to block what you thought could be a camera from seeing inside the room. You tiptoed with your good foot and couldn’t reach it, so you jumped up, taping it in place but falling on your way down.

A loud scream escaped your lips as you laid on the cold floor with your eyes closed tight and the feeling of your broken leg

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter