A book by it's cover.

Looking in the sky.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day on the pirate ship went smoother than what they initially thought.

After Kyuhyun's show of bravery against the captain, Henry returned with two bowls of what looked like soup and pieces of bread. He walked to the tall pirate that limped to a barrel near the mast, where he sat down.

Both of them offered something to eat but Kyuhyun kept refusing it, despite how hungry they were.

When night came, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun were surprised by their excellent condition. They were just hungry because of their own stubbornness, but nothing more, they expected to be tortured but they were ignored instead.

"Return to your room, falling to the water at night is worse than during the day." Siwon said, merely glancing at them.

"I don't-"

"We're going." Ryeowook cut his brother before he could say something like what he said in the morning.

"Wookie!" Kyuhyun whined when his brother started to drag him by his arm.

"Stop pushing your luck, Kyu... I don't want you to get hurt." He said, opening the door and pushing him inside.

Kyuhyun sighed, walking to his bed and sitting down. His head was a mess, apart from the freaking headache, he couldn't understand why they ignored them the whole day, why they acted like if they weren't there. Siwon was supposed to be a heartless assassin and they were just a burden, the logical thing was torturing or killing them.

I don't like people like you.

But no, he only said that. He knew he had to be thankful for being alive, but everything was too confusing.

"Remember not to move too much, Kyu, your wound needs to heal." He heard Ryeowook saying, before he sighed.

"I'll try." He whispered, closing his eyes to soothe the pain.

Ryeowook woke up earlier that day, he could see from the small rays that went through the wooden planks, that the sun was starting to appear. His dark eyes moved to where Kyuhyun was still sleeping with a frown, he didn't know if he was in pain or having a nightmare.

"I'm hungry..." He muttered when his stomach growled "What should we do?" If they continued refusing the food, they were going to die from starvation and that sounded awful, but what if the food was poisoned? Wouldn't that be worse?

"W-Wookie?" He looked at Kyuhyun once more when he heard him "A-Are you still here?"

There were times when his younger brother acted like the younger and that was when he was more worried for him "I'm here, Kyu, I'm not going to leave you."

The younger mumbled something incomprehensible before closing his eyes one more.

Protect your brother, Ryeowook, he needs you.

The last words his mother said to him appeared on his mind, filling his eyes with tears.

When Kyuhyun fell to the water, he was supposed to be the one who saved him. He should have put his irrational fear to the sea aside and jump down to save him. But no, he didn't do anything besides yelling he needed to hold on and asking for help.

He had failed his mother.

Shaking his head, he stood up and walked to the door, maybe if he spent more time in contact with the ship and water, he could get over his fear "Kyu, I'm going for something to eat."

The other mumbled something again before nodding slightly, maybe he was too hungry or sleepy to remember what happened yesterday.

He kept his eyes closed for several minutes before he managed to open the door with his trembling hands. He started to move through the corridor, grasping the wall and everything that was on his reach to help his small steps, like if he could stop the ship from moving by doing that.

By the time he arrived the deck, the sun was up... It took him more than he had expected.

"Ryeowook, move." He ordered his legs when they refused to move. There was no way he was going back with empty hands.

Biting his lips, he moved to the mast, then to the wall, he was sure that he looked like a new-born animal that was learning how to use his limbs while he moved, but he didn't really care, the sea was too close for his liking and the last he wanted was falling down.

He wasn't sure where the kitchen was, he was just following

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter