A Chase of Will

Bonded by Definition

Apologies everyone, it took a while for me to settle down in this new town. Anyway, I have thought of two ways to take this story. One a slow burn long route that would probably cover over a decade. The other a short and sweet action packed one. Finding it difficult to choose. What do you guys think? Let me know.

 

Yifan and the other alphas had arrived just in time to pull out a struggling Sehun and an unconscious Xiumin from the burning shed. It had taken them a while to put the fire out. Tao narrated what had happened that day and provided a very detailed description of the intruder. Knowing very well that someone has to go after Suho and Jongin, but at the same time being aware of a different stranger lurking around their borders, Yifan pondered on a wise course of action.

“While you are twiddling your thumb, my mate is out there ready to face off a deranged alpha. Do something brother!”

Yifan ignored his brother and looked up at Chanyeol.

“Bring him here. I have a feeling we are about to get some answers.”

Chanyeol nodded grimly and changed before he bound towards the outskirts of their land. Dawn was already breaking and even if none of them other than Kyungsoo has voiced their concern, everyone was itching to go after Jongin. Yifan weighed his options and being a leader knew that he cannot send anyone after a lone wolf who incapacitated two of their alphas. He needed information before he can come up with a strategy.

Luhan and Yixing were fussing over Xiumin who had still not gained consciousness. That left a shaken Sehun who had curled up in wolf form. Fire was not a wolf’s best friend and Sehun was too young to grow immune to its fearsome presence. With no other option, Yifan and Chen tried to calm Sehun enough to communicate. All they got was a jumble of words, a mad man drugging Xiumin and Sehun with some kind of fumes. The next memory was of Sehun waking up amidst flames.

“You think the human following us will know something.” Chen asked Yifan quietly. The alphas have known for quiet sometime that they were being followed. Whoever it was, was trying their best to hide their scent and as such the others in the pack have not yet realized the strangers presence  

 “I am hoping so.”

 

 

 Suho was not in a good place.

“Please, please, please let him go. I am begging you.”

“You always begged pretty my mate.”

“Stop calling him your mate. I don’t think you know what it means by that word.”

The mad alpha stared at Jongin and then roared in laugher. He stalked over to where he had strung up Jongin and pulled up his face by the hair.

“A young pup who does not know his place. I am surprised he managed to seduce you even with that broken face.”

They were at an abandoned mine. Jongin thought he had followed Suho’s scent for over a day but it could have been more, given that he was running in a wild rage. One moment he was returning home with the other alphas the next his head had exploded in pain. There was an overwhelming sense of fear and pain. Before he even realized it, he had followed his instincts to chase after that tenacious bond that was flooding his senses. He had reached home only to see an unknown alpha pushing an unconscious Joonmyun into a car. He had chased after the car for hours on end through dawn and the afternoon until it stopped. Panting and exhausted he had crouched low and waited for the car to leave. Then he had crept up to what looked like an abandoned mine, when something had collided hard with his skull. When he woke up, he was strung high on some chains and a badly bruised Suho was lying in the corner. The monster was looming over a begging Suho.

“Leave him alone, you freak.”

The alpha laughed with his head thrown back.

“Takashi, it’s not freak but Takashisan to you.”

“I don’t care who you are, leave Suho alone.”

“Oh you should, you should care about who I am. I would tell you, but I don’t think you will last long enough to open your stupid mouth in awe.”

A chill went down Jongin’s spine.

“Please, please let him be. He is just a pup, you wanted me right. I am here, I will do anything just let him go.”

Takashi turned around and let out an amused laugh.

“Oh, this is priceless, two pathetic wolves, begging for each other’s life.  Tell me Joonmyun, what will you do to save his life?”

“No Suho…”

A blow landed on Jongin’s stomach. Takashi flexed his knuckles and grinned.

“It’s bad manners to interupt your elders. That aside, you do feel like you must protect Suho don’t you? Alright, I think you deserve some truths. Come on Suho, sit on my lap while I tell him your story.”

Joonmyun didn’t move.

“Reluctant are we? Do you remember Sugi, sweet sweet sugi. I usually don’t remember those I kill, but Sugi was different. You think I will remember your friend here.”

Shaking with fear, a whimpering Suho sat on the alphas lap.