Past Acquaintances

Bonded by Definition

Not my best writing. Its a bit rushed and choppy, but I thought I will get the story out this time and then edit it later. Sorry for that.

 

“I am here to help.” The man Chanyeol had dragged along with him shouted with his arms up in surrender.

“That remains to be seen. Who are you and what do you want with us.” A lot of times, Yifan hardly looks like a pack leader, but sometimes, his pack is reminded just why he is the leader. Just then Yifan stood tall and serene with not a hint of panic or urgency that was coursing through him.

“My name is Yukimaru, I have known Suho for a long time. I met him years ago while working as an apprentice healer in the Western lands across the sea.”

“What does a Nihonjin have to do here and what do you know about the mad wolf who attacked us?”

“The mad wolf is Takashisan, he is… he is Suho’s intended mate.”

 

 

Jongin watched in disgust as the sick alpha Suho’s clear side of the face. Suho was shaking like a leaf.

“Just turn your face that way my dear omega. I don’t want to see your ugly side. Just like this, you are as soft and cute as ever.” Takashi cuddled up to Suho whose eyes were squeezed shut. Jongin in an attempt to distract the alpha asked, “Who are you?”

The other alpha looked up startled and then with a grin removed the tie around his hair and let his already unkempt hair down. Then he removed his sword belt and relaxed back onto a rock pulling Suho with him. Jongin could feel the fear sweeping through his bond with Suho.

“Ah yes, I do owe you a story before I kill you. Let’s see, … long long ago, two scholars from the Western lands, travelled all the way across the sea. They were learning the healing art and were researching the effects of bonding on wolves. If you are wondering who these scholars were, that was my friend and I. While my friend had bonded and was travelling with his mate, I had left behind a lover I intended to mate on return. Guess what happened after that? Joonmyun, don’t you want to tell the story from here?”

Suho had turned his face away into the shadow and was silently crying.

“Shy are we? Ok, I will continue, I met Suho, a stupid dumb omega. All I wanted was my omega to cooperate in my experiment to see if a bond can be broken or artificially built. What the omega did was seduce my friend, conspire with him to send me home while he whored himself here to countless alphas, betas and omegas. My omega cannot be cured, he is far into his sin, so I am here as a dutiful alpha to take care of my mate. The end. ”

Takashi threw his head back and laughed while tightening his hold on Suho’s neck.

“Nice story isn’t it? Aw come on, why do you have to whimper and cry over everything? Right from the day I first met you, you cry and cry and cry. Shall I make you all smiley? I so badly wanted to carve you a smile that one time but that idiot Akira stopped me. Hum… let me see, we need fresh skin though. I can stitch your face back and then give you a nice pouty smile. How about that?”

Suho wriggled hard to get away from the mad alpha.

“None of that now, just sit here for a moment, I am going to crave your friends face and stitch it on yours. What do you say? I know he is a bit darker than you but your snow like skin is hard to find. Let’s make do alright?”

And to Jongin’s horror, the alpha extracted a dagger from his boot and staggered towards him. Suho tried to hold him back but was brutally pushed aside. In a few strides the alpha was upon Jongin while he hung from the roof helplessly.

 

 

“My master, Akirasan and Takashisan were scholars researching the effects of bonding on wolves. They suspected that mating and bonding were dictated by pheromones and could be controlled by the mind. When they arrived at Nurie mountains during their travels, Takashisan met Suho. I think at that time Suho was only 14. My master said that Suho went into a kind of bonding heat on meeting Takashisan. But Takashisan being strong willed did not allow the bonding. Instead Akirasan and Takashisan used Suho for their experiment. I don’t know all the details but I thing Takashisan started getting violent with Suho and at one point, Akirasan convinced him to return home to his lover while Akirasan took Suho under his wings and made him a part of the pack he formed on the banks of Lohri river.”

“Is that how Suho became a healer?” Yixing asked.

“Yes, and he is no ordinary healer. Suho learnt the art of controlling his mind to an extent where he can form or hide a bond on his own. Together with my master, they found a way to heal those who were struggling with broken bonds, or omegas who were stuck with abusive alphas.”

“A bond is a sacred thing, how can you tamper with that? It’s not right” Chen protested.

“You know only the good side of bonding. There are those who are abandoned by their mates but could do nothing but yearn for them all their lives. There are those who are abused and hurt so much that they would die but still can’t get out and save themselves. He gained the name Suho because he saved such wolves, be it alpha, beta or omega. He gave them a chance to find love again.”

“So then what happened?” Baekyhun asked impatiently.

 “By the time I had joined the pack, Suhosan was a full time healer and was also continuing his research into bonding and mating at the convent at Shen. Then his father fell ill, so he returned home to take care of his family for a few years. My master’s mate fell ill soon after and I had accompanied then back to the Western lands. Only after reaching there did we hear about Takashisan’s madness. Takashisan despite returning to his homeland couldn’t forget Suhosan. In a strange way, he had bonded with Suhosan unconsciously and despite treating him badly, had actually grown attached to him. But Suhosan by then with his knowledge of bonding had successfully broken any attachment he had formed with Takashisan. Back home Takashisan had killed his lover in his madness and had been banished from the pack. Realizing the danger of Takashisan, my master sent me here to warn Suhosan and to protect him.”

“But by the time you came here, the damage has already been done.”

“Yes, Takashisan had burnt the convent and had thought Suhosan to be dead, but the scent had lingered and he realized Suhosan had been saved. He searched for him and finally found him in your pack.”  

“Why is a mad wolf allowed to roam freely? I thought the law was to hang any wolf that kills another.” Xiumin asked

“Well, Takashisan is part human. His mother is from an old Ninja clan, a very powerful one at that. Legally, Takashisan cannot be persecuted and even if the elders did, that will earn the wrath of his clan. So, a trial was conducted and he was handed over to the clan on the agreement that he will never be part of a wolf pack again.”

Kyungsoo stood up and stared at his brother.

“Great, so now that we have established the entire background story, can we start thinking of Jongin?”

 

 

Jongin felt the dagger slice just below his jawline and braced himself to have his face carved off while still alive.