An Unexplained Decision

Bonded by Definition

Jongin ran across the plains in his wolf form sniffing out the region they were stuck in. Except for the car Takashi had driven, there was no sign of civilization nearby. After over an hour of running however, he came by what looked like a village. The paw print on the sign boards indicated that there was a wolf community present. With a plan in mind, Jongin ran into the village.

 

Suho sat on the rock and waited for Jongin to return. His mind was overwhelmed with guilt over the trouble he was causing Jongin and his pack. All his life, he had been a burden to someone or the other. And people have ended up in trouble because of him. If he had died that day along with the others from the convent, then Jongin and his pack would have continued to live in peace.

He wanted to run far away and leave the only pack he now had alone, but then that would condemn Jongin. He wondered how Jongin will play this out. If the alpha brought back people to capture him and claim to not know him at all, Suho would not protest. In fact, he just wished he could get arrested and then executed as quickly as possible so that he will finally rest in peace. In all these thoughts, not once did Suho regret what he had done. Takashi had tormented him for most of his life and daring to kill him to save Jongin made him feel proud of himself in a way.

 

“I have never seen an omega like you. It’s interesting that you are actually venturing beyond your territory.” Yukimaru peered at Kyungsoo.

“What is strange about it? Any omega will do anything to save his mate.”

“Hum… still you are so different. Would you like to participate in an experiment to understand….”

Kyungsoo didn’t wait for the man to complete his sentence. He just left the annoying human and moved to walk along Yixing.

Yifan and Chen were trying to read the track marks left by the car as they were too far away to reach Jongin through their bonds. The progress was slow and they had to camp soon but they were on the right track and that’s the best they could hope for. Takashi had helped with checking about the car in human settlements. But so far, they have not found any clue as to where the car had gone.

 

Suho sat in the shade of a tree just outside the entrance of the mine and dozed off. He was terribly hungry and filthy, but he was exhausted and after an hour of waiting he had fallen asleep. He woke up with a start when he felt someone shaking his shoulders only to realize that it was Jongin.

Jongin touched his cheeks gently, kissed him on the forehead and pulled him into a hug, all of which confused Suho no end, until he heard Jongin whisper in his ears.

“Jun, I need your help now. Don’t say anything, put your hands around my neck, just go along with everything I say and open our bond.”

Suho who had stiffened with Jongin’s sudden touch realized that there were others around them. Despite his confusion he visibly relaxed and threw his arms around the alpha. Jongin lifted Suho in his arms and moved to stand in front of two men and four wolves.

“Jun, the village elders and the police from the nearby village are here.”

He gently let down Suho who bowed politely. Jongin pulled Suho closer to him and said.

“This is Jun, my mate.”