Madness from the Past

Bonded by Definition

 

Yifan and the other alphas had had a good hunt. As a rare treat, they had even captured a wild boar. That with the four bucks would last them the whole winter and then some. Contrary to usual practice, they didn’t cure their own meat. A pack closer to the sea usually did it for them in exchange for some meat. The meat would be processed and sent within a month along with any other supplies they order from the merchants of the sea faring city. So they had taken their kill to be cured and had spent the rest of the day buying things for their mates in the market and bartering meat for fish and other sundries. Chen and Jongin had gone shopping for pearls and had found a cute pink one still inside its shell for Yixing. Jongin had found an exceptionally large pearl for Kyungsoo and had haggled for over an hour until he procured it for a reasonable price. He then ordered for it to be made into a hair ornamant that was all the rage in the cities. If Chen noticed his brother-in-law purchasing an additional small irregular black pearl and ordering for it to be set in an anklet, he didn’t say anything about it. Chanyeol and Yifan had generously bought books, sweets and trinkets for everyone including the alphas that stayed at home.

The alphas had left for home just before sun down. It was a five hour ride on the train to the outskirts of their lands and a further hour long walk to their colony. The ride home had been pleasant and they had teased each other on their purchases. Yifan was teased the most for buying a pot of ruby red lip balm for Tao. Jongin had nodded off and was comfortably sleeping on Chanyeol’s shoulder despite the hyper alpha shaking with laughter every minute.

They had gotten off at the station and were slowly making their way towards the woods debating the merits of buying a vehicle for the pack when Chanyeol paused,

“I think we are being followed.”

Yifan nodded and was about to remark when Jongin had suddenly tumbled over clutching his head. Before any of them could even comprehend what was going on, Jongin had changed and had leapt off in the direction of their home. As they opened their bonds, each of them could feel distress rolling off their pack mates.

They all shifted and bound over following Jongin.

 

 

“JUNMYEON, JUNMYEON….”

“My dear omega, where are you? Come out, come out, come out.”

The voice was saccharine sweet and husky, but it sent a shiver down the spine of anyone unfortunate enough to hear it. The smell of wolf blood was thick in the air and the omegas and the lone beta huddled around the bed of their latest addition.

“Cruel, cruel Junmyeon. You know I fight dirty, you know I fight with swords and still you sent those poor alphas. You do know how flesh parts under a sharp blade right?”

Suho was shaking inside his cocoon of blankets and borrowed shirts. His eyes were wild and blown out in fear. Luhan hugged him and kept whispering

“Don’t listen to him, I can still feel Xiumin’s bond loud and clear. He is lying.”

“Oh JUNMYEON! Where are you? I don’t have all night.” the voice from outside kept calling

Each call was punctuated with a deranged laugh that could curdle blood.

“Umm… I smell omegas and is that a beta in there with you?”

Joonmyun took a deep breath. He was terrified but if he doesn’t step out, the others will be in danger. With shaking hands, he pushed off the bed.

“I must go.”

“Dear dear JUNMYEON my heart. I went to such lengths to burn you down with that damned hospital hoping to be free of your hold and yet here you are in a new pack smelling like other alphas. Even by your standards, that was quick. Do they know ‘oh great Suho’? Do they know how many alphas, betas and Omegas you had stolen from their mates?”

Suho was holding his hands to his ears trying to protect what little sanity he had.

“You , how is it that you broke the bond between us so easily? How is it that I am wandering around with your face in my mind and smell in my nose while you are happily trapping countless alphas in your lies?”

Suho took a determined step towards the door.

“No, he is out of his mind Suho, don’t go.” Kyungsoo implored

“Suho hyung… listen to us. I will protect you hyung. I know wushu and I am strong…”

Junmyeon cried and hugged the younger omegas. But slowly shook his head and whispered.

“Tao, stay here Tao. Protect the others. If I don’t go, he will hurt you all. Kyungsoo, you can feel Jongin right, I think they are near.”

Yixing and Luhan tried to stop him once more but Suho shook them off.

“I must go, I cannot live with it if he broke in here because of me.”

Yixing gave him a hug.

The rants from the deranged alpha had gotten way near their hiding place.

“Try to stall as much as you can. Our alphas are nearby, I can feel Chen. We may not look it Suho, but your pack is one of the strongest down the Shin river.”

Suho tear stained eyes looked up with a yearning that squeezed Yixing’s heart.

“My pack?”

“Yes, your pack. Remember, we are your pack.”

“Come back to us hyung.” Baekyhun and the rest of them hugged Suho close.

“Please stay inside, please, please don’t come out.” Begged Suho and with that he opened the door and stepped out.

The others opened a shutter and stared out into the dim lights of the porch. A tall figure with long matted hair stood in front of the door. He held a torch in his hand that cast earie shadows on his face. The alphas features were sharp and almost sculpted. He could be called handsome despite his age if not for the cruel twist of his lips. He had his unwavering eyes on Suho for a minute. Then he burst into raucous laugher.

“Hahahaha! Look at your face. Finally, the Gods have smitten you for your sins. Do you know how ugly you look?”

“Suho hyung is not ugly. He is very very pretty.”

Tao had stepped behind Suho and to the older omegas shock, so have the others.

The alpha laughed again and smelt the air. He his lips and smacked them as if he had tasted a very delicious morsel. He took a step towards them but then stopped.

“I would love to sample each one of you, but I don’t like alphas that very much. So Joonmyun, let’s be on our way.”

“He is not going anywhere with you. Our alphas will rip you apart in a minute.”

“Well in that case, let’s serve ourselves some alpha barbecue.” He lifted the torch and aimed for the nearby shed.

“NO!” Suho screamed and took a step forward.

The alpha threw the torch anyway and grabbed Suho by the arm. The fire caught in an instant as if it was already doused in oil.

“If you want to save your alphas , you lot better hurry.”

Before, Luhan could even take a step towards the alpha with a raised sickle; Sehun’s gut wrenching scream was heard from the shed.

By the time they had dragged the bound Xiumin and Sehun out of the shed and doused the fire, there was no trace of Suho or the alpha. The only consolation was that Jongin had arrived just after the fire and with hardly a pause, had smelt the air and bound off once again.