Both Oblivious

What a Whimsical Notion

"What happened to you?" I was sitting in my kitchen, and Joe was next to me. "What happened?” She asked again, “You look freaked out..." She stated warily, her light green eyes searching mine, she resembled mom too much; it sometimes scared me.

"I was chased by demons..." I whispered, remembering their laugh and wild eyes.

She looked at me as if I was crazy, "Honey, please don't tell me Jimin and Taehyung had drugs." She said jokingly.

I cracked smile and shook my head, "No, it's nothing."

She looked excited and clapped her hands together, "Good! Because I need you in your right mind!" She looked too happy.

My eyes narrowed, "What do you what me to do!?" I groaned out, her plans are devious, and I didn't have the energy right now. But it wasn't one of her evil plans.

She shook her head, and smiled, "Tomorrow, you and me are going on a trip to the mall after school, and guess what we're buying?" She asked wriggling her brows.

I cringed, it always creeped me out when she did that; I mean, it’s fricken scary! How can you move one eyebrow at a time? I shrugged, "I don't know..." I was tired, and just wanted to sleep, and didn't want to go to the mall, for any reason.

She pouted, knowing that I was not a fan of the mall, unless we were going to a book store, to look for music, or food. "You're no fun..." She grumbled, but continued, "We are going to look for homecoming dresses, I know you don't have any, and I don't either. So yeah...." She said sounding slightly disappointed with my lack of enthusiasm.

I reached my arm towards her and tapped her hand gently, "I'm sorry, I'm just really tired..." I let my eyes flutter closed, but then my brain began to comprehend what she had said and my eyelids shot open. "What?" I asked, she averted her gaze from me, she knew that I hated dresses and shopping. "Can't you just pick one out for me?" I asked desperately, I really didn't want to wear a dress in the first place. I mean, wearing a nice dress pants and a shirt, isn't that enough?

She shook her head, squeezing my hand with her own, "Please! I need you to help me!" Her eyes were big and pleading. I stared at her blankly and she let out an exasperated sigh, "I need help picking something, because Taehyung is going to be there...." She said sheepishly, her green eyes sliding away from mine.

I was hit with realization, I had totally forgotten about that! Stupid! Stupid Jennifer! I sat up straight and looked at her seriously, "I'll go; I'll make sure that if Taehyung doesn't ask you to the dance, he'll regret it instantly when he sees just how hot you are!" She smiled brightly, which made me feel like the older sister she usually acts like.

"Great! We just have to tell dad where we're going." She glanced at her watch, "Speaking of, he should be here soon."

I nodded, and looked out the window into the darkness of night. I began thinking about how happy he was to know Joe and I had met some friends, he was really excited and wanted to meet them, but they haven't had the chance to meet.

And when looking back at this afternoon, I was okay with that.

 But that will change once Taehyung and Joe start to date! I really hope they get together. I smiled at the thought and had to stop myself from giggling, I don't know why I became so happy when I thought of it. But it might be because of the fact that Joe deserved someone who cared, someone who would put her first, someone who would make her happy and help her let go of our past, someone like Taehyung.

"What are you giggling about?" She asked, not seeming to know if she should smile or be worried, and then I realized just what I was doing. I was staring out the window with a demented expression, small giggles escaping my lips.

"It's nothing..." I said waving away her inquiry with a smirk.

She rolled her eyes at me but couldn't hide the small smile on her face. "Whatever freak."

I laughed, and recalled how Yoongi called me that often, but ignored the thought as she started talking about what type of dress she wanted or thought she would look nice in. And before I knew it, it was already the next day and I was waiting for Joe to come out of the changing room to show off a dress.

"Ugh!" I heard her groan from the other side of the curtain, "None of them fit right!"

I sighed and slowly stood up from the leather bench and opened the curtain slightly; she was wearing a light lavender sleeveless dress. It hugged her waist, had sparkles on every inch of it, and ruffled up at the bottom. I cringed and she nodded at me looking disappointed.

"Are there any normal dresses?" She whined, we have been here for about an hour and couldn't find anything remotely appealing. She slumped into the small stool, "This is annoying!" She growled, and I just wanted to her to be happy.

"You stay here," I motioned behind me, "I'm going to find you a dress, okay?"

She nodded, "What about you and your dress?"

I shrugged, "I'll look for me too."

"Okay, don't be too long!"

I nodded and smiled as well, before slipping through the curtain. But my smile disappeared as my eyes saw just how many dresses there were in this stupid store. I groaned and slouched forward, too much glitter, too much poof, too many ruffles. I cringed and let my hand graze over the racks and racks of dresses. This was going to take a while...

I had started going through some dresses when, "Jen?" I thought I had heard my name being called, but dismissed it, I must be imagining things. But I heard it again, and looked away from a short black dress and up to a familiar tall figure.

"Chanyeol?" I said a little confused. What’s he doing here?

But my confusion was gone when I saw him smile, it was definitely him. "Hey!"

"Hey!" I called back, smiling. He made his way through all the racks of clothing and was standing in front of me.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

I let out an exasperated breath, "I'm looking for a dress for my sister and me for stupid homecoming." I growled out, I really didn't want to be here.

He laughed, his eyes bright, "You don't seem very excited about it." he joked.

I shrugged, "Yeah, I'm not really the shop 'til ya drop, type of girl..." I trailed off, scanning, once again, the great amount of glitter and sparkles.

"I'm not really that surprised to hear it." He voiced.

I nodded, and looked back at him and gestured to the store we were in, "What are you doing here?" I asked, seriously curious about his answer, this should be good. This was not a store for guys, for there is an entire section of bras and that took up about one fourth of the store.

He blushed slightly, "Oh, well…" He pointed over to a couple ten racks away, "My friend, Baekhyun, asked me to come with him to the mall to see a movie." His eyes narrowed in their direction, "But he forgot to mention that, first, his girlfriend was tagging along, and second, we were going to help her find a dress."

I laughed, " to be you!" I joked as he shook his head while holding up his hands.

"Nah, I'm not really mad, Taeyeon isn't that bad." He reassured.

He's a really cool dude... I thought to myself as we stood in silence for a couple seconds before I realized that Joe was still waiting. "Oh! I think that I should get back to finding a dress..." I trailed off, not really knowing how to tell him that I had to go.

"You know," He began, "I could help you if you want, I mean I rather talk to you than listen to the lovey-dovey couple over there." He told me with a smile.

I smiled as well, it's better than talking to myself..."Sure," I told him.

"Great!"

I nodded and glanced to my right to examine a dress before once again locking eyes with Chanyeol. "Could you help me look for a dress that has no glitter or sparkles?" I asked slowly, he probably really doesn't want to help me.

He took in a sharp intake of breath, "That might be difficult..."

I scoffed, "Tell me about it...It's like a unicorn barfed in here." I said holding up a rather frilly, pink dress that had a huge, ridiculous looking, flower where the belt would be.

He laughed, as he picked up a dark blue dress that's length was that of a slightly longer shirt. "I suppose that there're not all bad. You should try this one on." He winked at me and I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I recalled something I heard a few girls talking about at lunch, 'all boys are erts and idiots' they had said, I mentally agreed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever. Just help me, you sick minded ." I joked, thinking of Jimin and his creeper smile, as I turned away from him to go through another rack.

He gasped, and pretended to be offended, "I would never—" He began in a slightly higher voice, but I interrupted him.

"No time for jokes! Hurry, find something somewhat normal and non-sparkle!" I pestered him pushing him away while he pouted.

"Okay, okay, I'm going!" He backed away and quickly began searching.

But after only about a minute of looking around, he regretted to say that he had to go, for Taeyeon and Baekhyun had seemed to of disappeared from the store. I had nodded and said goodbye, I watched as his lanky figure excited through the glass door, but before he was out of my sight, he turned around and waved. I waved back at him and chuckled to myself, "He's so weird..." I mumbled.

I began to look around again and my eyes became brighter as they found a soft yellow colored dress. It had no straps, just a little glitter and sparkles, it hugged at the waist, but flowed out at the bottom, and it wasn't that short either. "Finally!" I said in triumph and lunged for the clothing, afraid it might just somehow vanish in thin air.

"She'll look great in this..." I told myself as I started to walk towards the changing rooms, but stopped, remembering that I was still without one. I groaned loudly and once again started the search. About ten minutes later, I found a grey dress that caught my fancy. It had lace covering on every inch of it but, of course, had a darker color grey under the light grey color of the lace so it wouldn't expose me, sleeves that stopped at the elbow, my collarbone would be the only part of my chest that would be exposed, and it ended just under the knee. It looked to be tight fitting, but it reminded me of something my mother might wear, beautiful but modest. This was what I was buying.

When I had brought the dress back to Joe, she was playing a game on her phone, but when she saw the dress, she was so overwhelmed with joy. She had quickly threw it on as I had slipped on my dress in the next room. She looked simply gorgeous, way too pretty and way too old. I didn't want her to grow up, not yet. I also thought I looked pretty damn hot. I mean, it fit perfectly and the design of it was alone amazing.

We had bought the dresses and were walking through the mall within fifteen minutes. "I love this dress so much!" Joe said, her green eyes sparkling.

I smiled, "I like mine too." But before I was able to continue our conversation, Joe gasped. "What? What is it?" I asked my eyes big, what happened?

She threw a shaking arm towards a bookstore, "Let’s go in!" She said excitedly.

I looked around us, and another store caught my eye, it was a music store. Maybe I could get another album...

"You go ahead; I'll meet you here later. Text me, okay?" I said, but she quickly nodded and was already five feet away. I smiled to myself as I my heel, which created a squeaking noise that I hadn't intended, but nonetheless I made my way into the store.

I was instantly hit with the surprising silence of the store. It was nice to get some peace and quiet every once and a while, especially when your life is as crazy as mine. I slowly made my way through the store, there weren't many people here. I began to count them out of pure curiosity but stopped when my eyes landed on a very familiar outline. "Yoongi?" I whispered out loud. What is he doing here? I thought, but mentally faced palmed myself, what do you think he's doing here dummy? Buying elephants? He was here for the same reason as everyone else, for an album or record.

I watched as his face scrunched up and relaxed as he read the song titles on the back, as I looked at him, I felt guilt seep into me. The last time we had really interacted was when I tackled him; that was a really dumb and childish thing to do. I can't believe I let my thoughts slip out like they had, and now he knew that I thought he was good looking. I once again slapped myself mentally, but then decided to go talk to him. I walked over to him gradually, as I stopped a few times to look at an album or two, but soon I was right next him. But he didn't seem to know I was there, he was listening to music in earbuds, probably his own songs. He could be here for inspiration.

I lightly tapped his shoulder; he glanced at me, but then flinched away slightly, his earbuds falling from his ears. He seemed surprised, I smiled at him, "Hi," I whispered, trying not to be too loud.

He didn't say anything and my smile faltered, and I eventually looked away from his confused features and to the album he was holding. I reached for the album, but he came back to reality and yanked his hand away from me. "What are you doing?" He hissed harshly, referring to my outstretched hand, but for some reason, I was comforted with his curt tone and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

I shrugged, "What does it look like? I'm not reaching for your nose, am I?" I asked jokingly, surprising myself. Since when did I play around with Yoongi?

He was staring at me blankly, "Don't be a smart ." He told me, his eyes narrowed, but for some reason, I wasn't offended. In fact I found what he said amusing, apparently, because I found myself giggling.

I covered my mouth quickly, looking into Yoongi's shocked eyes, mine just as big. "What the hell is wrong with me?" I asked him. What was I doing? He's just going to think I'm an even crazier freak.

He looked at me as if I was going insane, his dark eyes seeming to soften slightly, "How should I know? I'm not in your head....thank God..." He added as he once again put his earbuds in his ear, and ignored I was even there.

That, however, ticked me off slightly. I glared at him, "Fine, ignore me, ." I whispered, knowing he couldn't hear me. I looked at the albums around me and was pleased to find 21 Pilots in front of me. I reached for it, but so did Yoongi, I was slightly taken aback. We like the same band; but that really wasn't surprising. I've gotten over the fact that we were just alike in many ways, but I sometimes try to ignore it because there are also many ways in which we are on opposite sides of the spectrum.

I just stared at our hands; they were both frozen, hanging over the CD. It was then I noticed just how big Yoongi's hands were, and just how small mine were. His hands were so pale and you could see his veins very easily, something about them just seemed manly, and I had the sudden urge to touch them. I let my fingers graze his hand, without thinking, and he instantly flinched, but didn't pull away; in fact, he did the opposite. He took my hand gently, causing me a sharp intake of breath.

He held it so his thumb was in my palm and his fingers lightly holding the back of my hand. His hands were so warm and soft; they weren't moist, but dry, and very smooth. I didn't even realize the light-headed dizziness and flutter in gut until I felt his hot breath sneak down the back of my shirt. He let his thumb make a burning trail from the center of my palm to my wrist, and then back again, I felt goose-bumps form on my arm. Just as I was beginning to become familiar to his touch, he slowly let my hand slip away from his, and my arm fall to my side.

I saw him pick up the album and he began to read the back of it. My eyes were wide as I watched him. He acted as if nothing happened, as if he didn't just make my heart beat faster, and as if he didn't send shivers down my spine. His eyes were calm and indifferent, scanning the songs on the CD.

I became very annoyed, why did he have such an effect on me, but he didn't even look fazed? Why can't I make him blush or turn red? Ugh! I hated this! I hated that he made me like this! "Why do you have such an effect on me?" I breathed out, watching him, his earbuds in. He couldn't hear me. I stared at his defined features, not even caring if he caught me, "Stop doing this, stop looking the way you do, stop writing music that you won't let me listen to, and for s sake stop sending shivers through me! It's ing annoying!" I whispered vigorously, but he didn't even look at me.

Of course he didn't, he can't hear me. He didn't care. His eyes were the same, always the same. At least he shows emotion when he's mad, at least I know he's human when he's angry. But right now, right now he wasn't human. I just wanted him to go somewhere where his touch doesn't make my heart beat faster. Because God knows that he didn’t become flustered because of me.

I stared at him, my eyes burning holes through the side of his face, and he finally glanced in my direction. His eyes monotonous as he took out an earbud, "What do you want?" He asked, seeming annoyed.

I just shook my head at him, "I understand that you're going to ignore that I exist," I began, "So don't touch things you can't see." I hissed at him. I looked into his eyes, for something, anything, but found nothing. He was so hard to read, why couldn't I figure out what he was thinking? I sighed, and forced a smile, "Have a nice day." I voiced sarcastically, before turning around and walking away and out the store.

What was I thinking? I thought as I made my way to the book store. I didn't expect him to feel anything towards me. And I didn't want to feel anything towards him, I can't feel that way. He won't feel anything for me; not in a million years. I told myself.

If anything, he'd play with my heart and throw it away just to hurt me. I sighed in frustration, closing my eyes and before entering the book store, I sat down on a bench. I had set the bag with my dress inside, next to me, to my left. I stared at it, trying to dismiss the thoughts that I knew wouldn't go away. I looked away from it and closed my eyes, rubbing my temples; I needed to cool down, needed to relax.

But right before my normal breathing pattern found me, someone had plopped down next to me on the bench. I looked to my right, thinking it was Joe, but was surprised to see Yoongi's figure next to mine. His dark hair hung just above his eyes, his black t-shirt seemed to be crumbled, his collarbone was exposed and I had to tear my eyes away from him. I didn't really want to see a smug look on his face at the moment. He didn't say anything and neither did I, we sat there in silence for a solid minute.

I felt him tap my shoulder, and I hesitantly turned to meet his gaze. He was closer than he was before and his hand was reached out to me, he was holding the earbuds. At first I was confused and gave him, the 'what the hell' look. He let out a sigh and shook his head, rolling his eyes, but then he put the earbuds in my ears.

I reddened, as he was leaned over me, but I tried my best not to let him notice. He scrolled through tracks on his phone and played me a song that he had written and recorded. I knew this because his voice and style was different than any other artist I had ever heard. I sat there listening to his lyrics, and keeping the rhythm with my finger as I tapped my leg. The lyrics were amazing, his voice was amazingly soothing but at the same time rough, and the composed portion was amazing. Everything about it was amazing. The song was about trying and trying to get over something, but you continued to fall, and continued to fail. It made me think about my mom, and how I would never be able to see her again, that I would continue to fall away from her.

As I listened I had forgotten that I was on a bench in the mall, I had forgotten that Yoongi was centimeters away from me, and I forgot that I wasn't supposed to be here with him, that it wasn't right for me to be listening to his music when I wasn't supposed to be drawn to him.

 But it didn't matter, and I didn't care.

But soon the song ended, and I came back to reality. I wanted to listen to it on a loop, wanted to hear his voice in my ears, and I wanted him to tell me how he did it. I felt some sort of attachment to the song, it made me feel emotional, it was as if Yoongi had been going through the same struggles I was; and that reassured me somehow. I needed to listen to it one more time, "Can you play it again?" I breathed out, leaning up against the back of the bench.

He didn't respond for about half a minute and I was starting worry. I leaned away from the back of the bench and rested my elbows on my knees. Would he not play it? Would he take it away from me? I was staring wide eyed at the ground, suddenly feeling anxious because I could sense that he was staring at me.

But the song had begun to play, and everything was okay again. I began to relax once again, but the peacefulness ended, leaving me wanting more. But I knew he wouldn't let me hear it again, so I leaned my back up against the bench and looked at him. His eyes were glued to me, and I saw that he was waiting for something; he must have been. His eyes were darting around my face, and it made me happy to know that he did have feelings.

I removed the earbuds from my ears, keeping them in my hand, and turned to him, "I need that song." I told him flatly, my eyes steady and serious. I meant what I said, I did need it.

I watched as his eyes slowly became brighter and squinted; the corners of his mouth turned up and exposed just his top row of teeth. He was smiling, and it was different from the one he'd shown me the night he drove me home, he seemed happy because he was filled with joy, before he smiled because of something he thought was funny. There was a slight difference between the two. I didn't know how to react to that, I just stared him.

He was adorable. It was hard to dismiss that fact.

 It was so jaw dropping that I was afraid to breathe, what if my breath disrupted the waves of obvious alleviation in the air? I had decided that he shouldn't smile too often, for I didn't know if I would be able to handle it. And soon the gorgeous smile transformed into his usual smirk, and I took in a deep breath, remembering I hadn't breathed.

"It's the same song you tried to peek at during your first visit." He told me, and I saw his body relax into the bench, he shifted and our knees touched, I pretended I didn't notice. "It's called Falling Forever."

My face lit up in recognition as I recalled the two sheets of paper he had given me (that I still had in my room) on them was the letter 'F'. I pointed a finger at him, "That's why you gave me those pieces of paper with the two F's on them!" I had felt proud for putting those things together.

He nodded, "Not bad, I guess you really are smart."

I scoffed at him, "Of course I'm smart!" I exclaimed, slightly offended. But I ignored the feeling and then a question popped up in my head. How did he write and compose a song that fast? Including all the school work? I looked at him with slight awe, "How did you do this that fast?" I asked holding up the earbuds, seriously curious. But I knew what he was going to say before his lips even began to form words.

"I'm just a genius."

"You're a genius."

We said simultaneously, he didn't seem as surprised as I'd thought he would be. His eyebrows just rose slightly. "My genius is well known..." He trailed off quietly, in a satisfied tone.

But I ignored him and jumped to the topic about getting his song, I needed to have it. "How can I get this on my phone?" I asked him.

I made eye contact with him, that I had trouble keeping. "The easiest way would be to download it straight from my computer and onto your phone." I nodded at him as he continued. "I can download it the next time you're at Jin's, which I'm assuming won't be more than a day or two away." He told me, and I once again nodded, too excited to come up with a real response.

But eventually I was able to make words, "Are there anymore songs? Can I hear them, please?" I asked leaning towards him slightly. I really wanted to listen to more of his music. I felt as though I found a new artist and I was going through the 'OMG I need more songs!' phase.

He just shrugged, as he too leaned forward, "I guess you're going to have to find out." He mysteriously taunted.

I childishly crossed my arms in huff and pouted, "Don't be a jerk face..." I said, once again in a joking manner.

He just looked at me blankly, and I became embarrassed, I saw his eyes focus on something behind me. I glanced over my shoulder, wondering what he could be staring at. My eyes found the bag that held my dress. But before I could even think of anything to say or do, Yoongi somehow had the bag in his possession.

I don't know why, but I felt the need to snatch it away, I didn't want him to see it. But it really didn't matter, it was just a dress. "Hey!" I yelped, shooting my arm out to grab the bag, but ended up groping air.

"What did you buy?" He asked himself as he inspected the label on the bag, but must have lost interest after finding out what it must be, for he just handed it back. He asked me a question, once again sitting on the bench. "Did you come alone?"

I shook my head 'no', "Joe was with me, but right now she's in the bookstore over there." I gestured to the store, he just nodded and looked as if he was about to say something but stopped, and another voice could be heard.

"Hey, Jen!" I could tell by the deep tone that it was Chanyeol.

"Chanyeol, hey!" I said without turning around and soon he came to stand in front of us.

His brows furrowed as his eyes landed on Yoongi, who was just staring at him indifferently. "Yoongi?" Chanyeol said, his eyes shifting from Yoongi to me, I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back. He looked utterly befuddled, "What are you two, of all people..." A light seemed to have in his head. He pointed his finger at us as he covered his mouth with his other hand and his eyes seemed to fill with recognition. "Are you two...together?" He asked sounding beyond shocked.

I blinked a few times looking from Chanyeol's curious features to Yoongi's bored one. I shook my head at Chanyeol, but, for some reason, my lips wouldn't form the word 'no'.

"Just because we happen to be talking, doesn't insinuate a romantic relationship." Yoongi voiced up to Chanyeol, who after heeding to Yoongi, looked slightly bash.

He scratched the back of his neck, "I guess you're right." He stood there awkwardly averting his eyes away from ours.

I felt bad for him, I shook my head and smiled, that caught his attention, "It's fine, really, it doesn't even matter." I gestured to the empty space between Yoongi and me as I slipped the earbuds back into his hand, trying not to think about the fact we were touching. "Sit. Did you find Baekhyun and Taeyeon?" I asked as I slid down near the end of the bench to give him room. Yoongi had moved as far away as he could, squishing himself.

Chanyeol nodded and sat down closer to me than Yoongi, "Yeah, but now they're in another dress store..." He complained childishly, Yoongi gave him a side-ways glance before rolling his eyes. "I didn't want to go with them and decided to meet up later." I nodded in response, and he pointed to the bag still in my hands, he smiled, "You found a dress?"

I smiled, "Yeah! No glitter, no sparkle, no ruffles, and it's grey!" I said more excited than I intended. I saw Yoongi watching me curiously, but Chanyeol's laugh caused me to look at his great smile.

"I bet it's great! How did you find it?" He asked and I saw his eyes travel away from my face and I was about answer him but he looked back to me and I saw him smile sheepishly, "Ah, I have to go...sorry." He stood up, "Bye Jen,"

I waved, "Bye, see you tomorrow!"

He nodded, and then glanced to an annoyed looking Yoongi, "See ya around man." Yoongi responded with a glare and a sarcastic grin. Chanyeol did not look as if he knew how to respond and just slipped away from us.

After Chanyeol had left, it was uncomfortably silent. I was going to start conversation when he spoke. "I don't understand you, at all..." He said, staring at me, but his dark eyes seemed to be distant.

I cracked a small smile and shifted myself so my feet were on the bench, and my knees pulled near my chest. "I guess the feeling is mutual then." He just watched me, and I decided to continue to ramble; for some reason, at this moment, Yoongi made me feel like I could say anything I wanted, and he would just listen, and wouldn't judge me. "I mean, I understand you like to be alone, but I don't know why. And I get that you want to keep people out, but I don't know why. You're beyond intelligent, and create amazing music, but how you have both of those talents, I don't know. I can tell that you never want to admit that you were wrong, or that you're sorry, but it doesn't make sense." I glanced away from him and to the wall, now just thinking out loud. "It's hard for me to ignore thoughts telling me that you're— that you're—" I glanced at his perfectly angled visage, trying to find a word to describe how he makes feel, but he never gave me the chance to finish.

He shook his head, his eyes looking me over, "I get that you always try to act happy, but I don't know how. I acknowledge that you don't know a whole lot about people, but at the same time, you seem to know how to comfort them. I don't understand that. And it amazes me just how smart you are, but at the same time, you are so oblivious." His eyes were searching mine, and I didn't know how to answer him, but he began to talk again. "It's as if you've never had experience with people's feelings romantically, ever, as in you don't know what others act like when they're interested. But it doesn't make sense, because you knew that Taehyung had liked Joe." He was looking at me, confused and lost, but what he said, made sense. I mean I don't know what it feels like to have feelings for someone or for someone to have feelings for me, but I knew about Taehyung and Joe.

I was looking into his eyes, just as befuddled as he was. But found myself saying something else. "What about you, huh? You don't seem all that educated in relationships..." I said, defensively.

He stared at me, not speaking, his face showing me no emotions. "I know more than you think."

I scoffed, recalling how he acted in the music store, how he didn't care enough to even look at me. "I highly doubt that."

"Doubt it then, I could care less." He replied, his voice steady and protective.

I stared him; I let my eyes look him over and realized something very unsurprising. Everything about his posture was protective, his arms were crossed, his face as hard as stone, but why? "Why Yoongi? Why? Why do you feel the need to keep everything hidden?" I asked, almost in plea. I was leaning towards him. "You know, you can tell me things. I'm not that bad of a person, I'm not as horrible as you might think."

He just sighed, his eyes boring into mine intensely. "That's the problem, because I am." He stood up, walking away, and out of sight. I stared at the spot where he disappeared. I was so close to getting into that complicated head of his, but he knew that, and that's why he's gone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Homecoming is approaching! Is Taehyung going to ask Joe? Will Hoseok ask Jen? What's gonna happen? I wonder...Homecoming is in two chapters btw!...Yeah...I know, I'm slow and all; but don't you worry, things will start to become more intersting pretty soon;)...Well anyway...

—Flora►