The Vist (Part Two)

What a Whimsical Notion

It was as if the second I fell asleep I was woken up instantly, and not by a light nudge on the shoulder or a soft whisper but a heinous pain that erupted in my gut. "Oooh!" I groaned as my eyes shot open to reveal Jimin’s small, but heavy, frame across me and then my eyes flitted over to the figure gasping and running over to us.

 

"I'm so sorry!" Jin screeched as he grabbed the groaning Jimin and pulled him off me, causing him to fall to the floor with a thud. I was holding my stomach as Jin reached down to take my hands, "I'm so sorry Jen; I didn't mean to do that. I didn't, see you there..." He looked at me with worried eyes as the pain started to subside.

 

I shook my head, "It's okay," I croaked out and as I did Jin's gentle grip on my hand tightened as an expression of alarm grew upon his handsome features.

 

"You are not okay," He started as he stood up and away from me, "You stay here while I go get...get, umm some....ice! Yeah, ice...." He said and hurried out of the room.

 

Despite the small ache now on my torso, the pounding in my head had finally gone away. I heard a groan on floor and then remembered Jimin and inched to the end of the bed to peer down at him.

 

He noticed my gaze and looked up at me whimpering, "Jin hurt me!" He pouted as he slowly started to sit up and then he crawled up onto the bed to sit beside me.

 

I gave him the blanket that I had been using and he eagerly took it, wrapping it around himself, and shifted to lean his head on my shoulder, he really could be adorable if he wanted to. Then I remembered why he was acting this way and my curiosity took over me. "Why did Jin hurt you?" I inquired leaning away from him making him look me in the eye.

 

His eyes grew big and he scooted away from me slightly and looked down, "It's nothing really..." He trailed off, which did nothing more than just spark my interest.

 

"Seriously what did you do?" I asked raising an eyebrow, but he didn't want to answer me, he quickly hopped off the bed and scuttled way with my blanket. I wonder why he was scolded so much, is he really that bad? I sighed as my eyes once again found Yoongi's desk with his lyrics in plain sight. I stood up and moved toward the desk, excitement running through me. I reached down and—

 

"What are you doing?" I groaned with frustration and annoyance. Every time I got close, someone just had to stop me! I turned around and saw Jin looking at me tilting his head with an ice pack in his hand.

 

I stepped away from the desk slightly and looked up at him innocently, "What?" I said trying to draw his attention away from me snooping. "Thanks for the ice pack Jin, but I think I'm okay." I said trying to change the subject, but he seemed keen on knowing why I was looking though Yoongi's things.

 

"Alright, but what were you doing?" He once again asked me, the ice pack forgotten. He looked at the desk and, knowing what it was, looked back up to me raising one of his eyebrows. "I wouldn't go through those if I were you."

 

My cheeks became a slight pink, and I shook my head, "No, no I wasn't —I didn't mean any harm..." I trailed off averting my eyes from his intense gaze.

 

He sighed and a soft smile played on his lips, "Do you like rap?" He asked kind of awkwardly.

 

My eyes lit up and I smiled, "Like it? I love it!" I paused, "Well, I mean I listen to it a lot and I'm....I guess you could say that I'm jealous of their talent." My excited smile softened as I was reminded of my mom, "My mom liked rap, she liked all types of music actually. She used to say that though music and songs are made up of different notes, different lyrics, different languages, it's really all the same. And what drives someone to write and produce is what makes each artist special and what makes music so powerful..." I stared at a spot on the floor, thinking about her and then realized what I had said and instantly looked back up at him. He was showcasing a pitiful expression and something turned in my stomach, "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't—forget I said anything..." I hated it when people looked at me like that, but I learned to live with it. I smiled up at him dismissing the lump I knew would grow in my throat, "Let's go see what everyone else is doing!" I chanted happily, pointing behind him into the hall.

 

I was about to walk past him when he placed his hand on my shoulder. I looked at his hand and then up at him, "Is your mother—"

 

"Yeah," I interrupted him, not wanting to hear the words afraid I would break. I sighed and focused my eyes on a small wrinkle in his shirt trying not to let any tears show, "But I usually can't— talk— about it." I said softly, my voice cracking. I pushed his hand off my shoulder and smiled up at him and my stomach ce again; he was looking at me as though I was a flower with no petals, a bird who couldn't sing, a tree that couldn't grow, like I was somehow broken. I tried to hide the fact how shocked I was, he looked as if he felt the same pain as me, but at the same time, like I was something you would push away to the back of your mind and try to forget.

 

I became slightly annoyed but covered it up with a playful grin, "Well, come on, let's go~" I cooed pushing on his chest, more harsh than necessary, and forcing him into the hall, I walked passed him and entered the living room, he followed behind me.

 

"I mean it's not that big of a deal..." Joe voiced, shrugging her shoulders. She was sitting in the chair and Hoseok, Jungkook, Namjoon, and Taehyung were on the couch; Yoongi and Jimin seemed to be missing.

 

"I think it is, I mean, not everybody can just write books and poems," Jungkook stated, looking at her with an adorably serious expression.

 

Joe's cheeks turned a slight red; she wasn't used to compliments and obviously couldn't handle them. I smiled, "He's right you know...how and what you write is amazing..." I said walking over to her.

 

She shook her head and rolled her eyes, "Yeah, yeah...whatever..." I stuck my tongue out at her and plopped down in front of the chair, leaning against her legs.

 

"Hey, are you feeling better?" I made eye contact with Hoseok; he was looking at me, awaiting my reply.

 

But before I could speak someone spoke for me. "She's fine," Jin concluded in a stern yet dreary tone as he strolled over to the couch and sat on the end next to Namjoon.

 

"That's good, I was afraid you would have a concussion and then your parents would sue us or something..." Namjoon said absentmindedly.

 

I could feel Jin's eyes looking at us but I refused to make eye contact with him, knowing the pain it would bring by looking at his expression.

 

"Hey, what time is it?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows, thinking of dad and what time he would be home.

 

"It's about 6:30....wow, has it really been that long?" Hoseok rambled, looking around at everyone.

 

"Yup, we were outside playing soccer for a long time..." Taehyung said, glancing over at Joe. "You really did a good job at soccer, I thought I could never find another person just as good as Jungkook, but I did!" He winked at her playfully.

 

Joe let out a small chuckle, "Oh please, Jungkook is better than me."

 

"He probably is..." I said nodding my head, knowing that it would annoy her; and sure enough, I received a rough nudge in the back from her bony knee.

 

"Ow! Why so mean~?" I whined arching my back, pouting. "I can't say that you're better if I've never seen Jungkook play," I defended.

 

"I'm right here..." I heard Jungkook mumble and everyone let out a laugh.

 

"Do you play soccer?" Taehyung asked me, resting his chin in his hand that was propped up on the arm of the couch.

 

I laughed at this, "Yeah, no." I concluded shaking my head, "But! I can play basketball!" I said proudly, but when I saw their amused faces, felt offended, "Don't believe me?" I asked crossing my arms.

 

Taehyung was smiling at me, "No, I believe you. I just find it funny..."

 

"What do you find funny, huh? Am I too short or something?" I inquired stilled annoyed.

 

He shook his head, "Yoongi plays basketball." That was all that was needed to be said to cause the room silence.

 

No one spoke and it was quiet for a second, I was really surprised.

 

My eyes widened, "Really?" I tried to picture jerk face Yoongi shooting hoops...couldn't do it. "No, it can't be!" I said shaking my head.

 

"You guys have a lot in common..." Jin said, his eyebrows once again furrowed, and he seemed to be wearing a ‘thinking’ face.

 

"See for yourself," Namjoon said, motioning to the window overlooking the sports center.

 

I hopped up from the floor and dashed across the room to the window, I couldn't believe my eyes. He was actually playing basketball, by himself of course, which is a lot easier, but when he would shoot he would score.

 

I narrowed my eyes at him through the glass, "Of course he can play basketball!" I said flinging my arms, "He's probably better than me at it too!" I said angrily, as sniggers could be heard throughout the room.

 

Hoseok walked over to me and looked out the window as well, "I think you could be beat him." He said still watching Yoongi. I looked at him and a small smile edged its way across my features, I didn't know why but something about Hoseok just made me want to smile. He saw that I was watching him and turned his head looking confused down at me, "What? I really think you could you could it."

 

I laughed, and some of my hair fell into my face, "I might be able too, but he'd never agree to play me."

 

I saw Hoseok's hand reach up, and I thought he was going to push my hair back behind my ears when another being was suddenly between us. Taehyung had flung himself in between me and Hoseok and then he reached for the latch to open the window, "HEY YOONGI!" He screeched through the screen, causing me to lean away from him. Yoongi had stopped right before he was going to shoot and looked around to find the source of the shout. "UP HERE!" He yelled again, and Yoongi turned to look up at us, though he probably couldn't really see our faces.

 

"What the hell do you want?!" He shouted back nonchalantly, almost as if this was normal. "Has the freak and her sister gone home?!" He asked sounding way to hopeful.

 

"WHO YOU CALLING FREAK?!" I screeched down at him, though I probably shouldn't have.

 

"I'll take that as a 'no'! So, what do you want?!" He shouted back sounding annoyed.

 

"I WANTED TO ASK IF WE COULD PLAY BASKETBALL WITH YOU!" Taehyung screeched, "CAN WE?"

 

"HELL NO!" He yelled back louder than any.

 

Taehyung pouted, though I don't know why, he couldn't convince Yoongi by doing that, besides he couldn't even see his facial expression. "PLEASE! WE WANT TO SEE YOU AND JEN PLAY ONE ON ONE!" He said once again putting his hands around his mouth.

 

I could almost hear him roll his eyes, "NOW WHY THE HELL WOULD I DO THAT?!"

 

"Told you," I started, turning away from the window, "And I'm not even sure if I want to anyway..." I said putting my hand on Taehyung's shoulder attempting to steer him away from the idea.

 

But that didn't stop him from screaming through the screen once more, "WHY WOULDN'T YOU? OR ARE YOU AFRAID YOU'D LOSE?" I saw a smirk find its way onto Taehyung's lips.

 

I looked back down through the window at Yoongi, even from this distance he seemed annoyed, it was radiating off of him. "Why would I be afraid? Of that freak? Please! She wouldn't be able to beat me if my hands were tied behind my back!" He finally shouted.

 

My eyebrows rose as I felt rage bubble up in my stomach. "ARE YOU—" Taehyung began, but I was too irritated to let him finish.

 

"DO YOU WANNA BET?! OR ARE YOU TOO SCARED!?" I screeched, my face almost pressed up against the screen. He somehow always seemed to get under my skin.

 

"Too scared?! Haven't I already stated my reasoning?! But if you insist! I wouldn't mind kicking your in a game!"

 

"YOUR ON!" I yelled.

 

"SEE YOU IN TEN!" He shouted, now leaning toward us.

 

"I SUPPOSE I WILL!" I grabbed ahold of the window and slammed it shut, how I wish he was closer so I give him one right in the face.

 

"You weren't kidding when you said he was an were you?" Jolene stated behind me.

 

I shook my head as I turned around, "And Yoongi wasn't kidding when he called you a pest!" I heard someone say, I looked around at everyone, but they were all pointing at someone behind me. I looked over my shoulder to find Jimin smiling at me, leaning up against the doorway into the kitchen.

 

"Hey! Who said you could leave? You're still in time out!" Taehyung scolded him crossing his arms.

 

He rolled his eyes and stepped into the living room fully, "I said I was sorry, I didn't mean for that to happen...."

 

"Yeah well, that wasn't enough. Go back to the table, I left you some food, you won't starve." Jin said walking towards the doorway, holding out his hands, as if expecting him to run.

 

Jimin shook his head, "Can't I see Jen and Yoongi play?" He asked pouting.

 

"No, you don't deserve—" Teahyung began.

 

"It's fine, he can watch them." Joe said peering at them over the recliner.

 

Jimin smiled brightly at her and then made eye contact with Taehyung, "Please? She said I could!" He begged.

 

Taehyung glanced at Joe, she smiled at him, and he then rolled his eyes, "Fine, I guess you can..." He mumbled.

 

I held up my hands, "Okay, hold up, what the heck is going on?" I questioned, looking around at everyone.

 

"Let's just say that Jimin is a little ert..." Hoseok said next to me.

 

"Hey! I didn't mean too! It was an accident! I'm not a ert!" He huffed as everyone laughed at him, other than Taehyung and I.

 

My mind started to fill with thoughts that I didn't want there, and a bit of older sister protectiveness swelled up inside me. But before I was able to voice my troubles, someone pushed their hands against my back, causing me to stumble forward. "You have to get ready!" Hoseok chanted, "You guys go down while I get her prepared!"

 

"Yeah...no." Jin said, shaking his head, "You are just like Jimin," he gestured to the others putting on their shoes, "Run along with them."

 

"You are just as much as—" Hoseok started, offended.

 

"Just go!" I breathed out shooing him to the door.

 

"I'm going, I'm going! Just stop pinching me!" He growled swatting away my hands.

 

I giggled, turned around, and headed over to Jin, "Follow me; you probably don't want to play basketball in that." He took me to his bed room and pulled out a short sleeve shirt and a pair of girl shorts. I gave him a judging look as I began wondering why he had such clothing, his cheeks turned a slight red, "Oh, they're my..."

 

I held up my hand to stop him, "It's okay, I don't need to know." I said reaching for them.

 

He looked strangely relieved, "Okay, you change and I'll get you some water!" He said happily leaving the room, shutting the door in the process.

 

I looked at myself in the mirror, the shorts were five inches too short and made me feel uncomfortable, while the shirt was too baggy and, because of its light yellow color, you could see the lining of my black bra underneath. (It's not like I had that much to hide under the shirt, but I did have something) I would never wear this anywhere near school or people I wanted to impress.

 

I reluctantly exited the bed room, absentmindedly pulling at the ends of the shorts, attempting to somehow make the fabric length grow. I found Jin waiting for me in the front hall, holding a water bottle, already wearing his shoes. When he saw how uncomfortable I looked he gave me an apologetic smile, "Sorry, I could look for something else if don't want to wear that." He said kindly.

 

I just shook my head as I slipped on my sneakers, "No, its fine, I was burning up in those clothes anyway. I mean it’s almost 70 degrees outside, I'll be fine." I smiled at him as I tucked in the long shirt in the front and back, so it didn't look as if I wasn't wearing any shorts. "Let's go!" I chanted and swung open the door.

 

When we reached the basketball court, Jimin, Jungkook, and Namjoon were giving Yoongi a pep talk, and he didn't seem the slightest bit interested. Taehyung, Hoseok, and Joe were lying in the grass, betting on how long it will take me to fall. Jin handed me the water bottle and went over to sit on the unoccupied bench, I smiled, I didn't even notice it was there.

 

"Finally! Took you long enough!" Taehyung joked, sitting up, as did Joe and Hoseok.

 

I walked over to them feeling self-conscious because of how much skin I was showing. I didn't even own anything this short! Joe looked me over and her eyebrows rose, "Nice shorts, huh?"

 

I shook my head as I sat in front of them, setting, my water bottle on the ground, "Tell me about it." I saw Hoseok looking at me with a slightly awed expression. My face turned red and I glanced over to Taehyung, and found him frowning at him.

 

"Watch where your eyes are lingering!" He said shaking his head.

 

Hoseok quickly looked away embarrassed, "I.....I didn't—"

 

"ARE WE GOING TO START THE GAME?! IT’S ALREADY 7:40!" Jimin yelled over to us.

 

"7:40!? I have to make this fast." I said hopping up off the ground. I jogged over to the others on the court. "Okay, let's get—"

 

"Nice shorts," Jimin said looking me up and down, a smirk on his lips.

 

But instead of blushing like I did when Hoseok was looking at me, I became annoyed and rolled my eyes. "Don't make me hit you where the sun don't shine!" I threatened, crossing my arms.

 

"I think I'd be okay with that." He said looking at me suggestively.

 

My eyes widened, "I'm gonna...!" I took a step towards him, with my arm pulled back threateningly, and almost actually punched him right in the nose.

 

But something hot wrapped around my wrist, "I gotta say, you're not as repulsive when you're attacking someone else, but, I don't want to be the one cleaning up after you, so let it go." I glanced to my right and saw Yoongi looking amused down at me. He dropped my wrist, leaving me feeling a bit colder than before, and then walked to the middle of the court.

 

"Go Jen! You can do it!" Jungkook said as he jumped up and down, along with Taehyung and Joe. My heart fluttered with excitement, that boy....

 

Hoseok rested his arm on my shoulder; I tore my eyes away from the cutest creature and looked up at him smiling. "I'm gonna kick his !" I said enthusiastically, suddenly more psyched about the idea.

 

He smiled down at me playfully and pushed me toward the court, "I know!" He replied.

 

I heard the others behind me whooping and cheering for no one in particular, but in my head I was convinced they were for me. I approached Yoongi, who was standing in the middle of court dribbling the ball seeming to be thinking intently about something that is until he saw me. All expression was erased from his features, other than that smirk he always seemed to wear. "You really up for this, freak?" He asked cockily, grasping the ball in his short but strangely masculine hands. He was so good looking but why did he have to be such an arrogant ? Oh, right, all hot guys are jerks....

 

I followed him and let a smirk edge its way across my lips, "You really up for this, ?" He only scoffed and averted his eyes from me.

 

"I'll be the referee!" Jungkook shouted as he jogged over to us, his adorable grin taking up his entire face. He held up his hand rather cluelessly, "Uh, g-GO!" He yelled letting his arm drop. Yoongi tossed me the ball, and I tossed it back; the game had begun.

 

Let's just say that this short one on one game turned out to be much more than that. It was already getting dark outside and a refreshing breeze grazed my skin every now and then, I was sweating like a pig....well if pigs could sweat that is....Yoongi also seemed to be out of breath and sweaty, and may I say, though I wish I had never noticed in the first place, that he looked damn hot with sweat dripping down his face and neck and.....NO! Not now. I had to continue to remind myself that I was supposed to be focused on the task at hand: beating Yoongi at his own game. It annoyed me how much I took notice to the small things he did or gestured, for he had been nothing but rude to me, but later I would find out why.

 

"Time—out!" I called in between gulps of air and after I had just scored another goal. I slowly walked towards Hoseok, but he beat me to it. When I looked at him, he was smiling uncontrollably and ed my water bottle into my hands, that may I say had already been refilled twice, and I eagerly took it from him.

 

"You are doing so awesome! You’re amazing!" He praised me, "I've never seen Yoongi so flustered....look at him!" He said laughing.

 

A victorious grin appeared on my face and I thought that if we ended the game now, even though I was losing, I would be proud of myself. "Thanks, but I'm really tired, let's call off the game, I forfeit." I said, my breathing turning somewhat normal.

 

Hoseok looked at me as if I just said something along the lines of how I thought food and laughter were pointless. "What!?" He said astonished, shaking his head. "You can't give up now!" He urged me to continue and I ended up giving in. But I didn't think he understood that I wasn't giving up, just saying that I had fun but I'm tired now and want to leave this in my mind as a good memory.

 

I was soon looking into Yoongi's determined eyes once again, he really was serious, it kind of scared me actually. He always seemed so serious, so not easy going but I suppose there has to be people like that in this world, or else there wouldn't be anything for people like me to fix. (What?!)

 

I didn't really want to play anymore, I was tired and now becoming cold, couldn't I just rest? But Jungkook had started up the game and Yoongi was already moving swiftly across the court. It was becoming more and more difficult to block him and I ended up falling a few times, scrapping my knees in the process. I no longer felt the rush of adrenaline in my veins and was only putting half of myself into the game. He had scored four more goals while I had only scored one, it was then that my newly opened cuts started to burn and intercepted with my usually keen abilities.

 

My knees were starting to become wobbly and I had unintentionally allowed Yoongi to pass me and gave him another opportunity to score. But when the ball released from his grip, instead of going into the basket, bounced off the backboard and I reacted quickly, getting the rebound. I stole the ball right before it was within his grasp and made a sharp turn right, left, and once again right then dashed across the court, he trailed behind me giving me just the right amount of time to shoot and score.

 

"Whoop! Go Jen!" I heard Hoseok and Joe yell, causing me to smile and look over at them.

 

But soon enough Yoongi had taken possession of the ball once again and I lazily spun on my heel after him. I was picking up speed and thought that I would be able to steal the ball if he just shifted slightly to the left. But he didn't turn left, nor did he turn right, he abruptly stopped. "Hey!" I protested as my made contact with the concrete after bumping into him, I was sooo gonna have bruises from this. But he didn't reply, all I could hear was the sound of the basketball slowly dribbling to a stop and two shouting voices that I hadn't noticed before.

 

"Found someone already, huh!?" I heard an unfamiliar, feminine voice shout furiously. I couldn't quite see her facial expression but I didn't have to know that she was beyond listening...I knew how that felt.

 

"What I-I don't know—" Another voice began helplessly, that registered in my brain to belong to Jin.

 

"What do you mean you don't know?" She screeched, throwing her arms around. She took in a shaky breath, "I came back to-to get some things that- that I was missing, to find a wearing it!" She said throwing an accusing finger in my direction.

 

What!? Why am I in this? ?! Who she calling a ?! I thought, starting to stand up, a small spark of anger setting off in my gut.

 

"No, Claire, it's not-she's not-" Jin started once again.

 

The girl held up her hand, "Just, just stop talking...I don't want to hear anymore lies!" She yelled, tears obviously streaming down her face. I could see her more clearly, now that I was standing, she was tall and thin, had long blond hair, was very curvy, was busty, and had a very angled face. "I thought that I was making the right choice in coming back! I thought we could fix things!" She shook her head vigorously and started to back away from Jin, towards the basketball court. "But it seems that you've moved on already..." She looked over at me her eyes filled with disgust as a dejected smirk slipped across her thinly set lips, "A bit young isn't she? That doesn't surprise me, like older men." She said and spun on her heel and started to walk across the court.

 

"Claire!" Jin called; he ran up to her stopping her a meter away from where I and Yoongi were watching. "Claire, you don't understand you—this isn't—she was just borrowing—"

 

"SHUT UP! I don't want your excuses!" She roared and walked passed us, then stopped and strolled over to me. She looked me up and down and scoffed. She stepped toward me and pulled back her arm, then punched me on the left side of my face causing me to bump into Yoongi beside me. I was shocked, and didn’t know how to react. "That's for stealing him!" She said and threw another punch at me, this time hitting me in my right eye. "That's for my shorts!" She screamed at me and then once again started walking away.

 

But I wouldn't let someone like her just do that, after what she assumed, what she called me, no. I wouldn't have it. I recovered rather quickly from her blows and started after her. "Hey!" I yelled as someone grabbed my wrist sending heat through me. It was Yoongi; I shook off his grip and ran to her stopping her right before she left the court. I yanked her arm and made her face me.

 

She laughed. Almost hysterically, as more tears swelled up in her eyes, "You gonna hit me too, ?" She asked mockingly.

 

I scowled and spit at her feet, blood also emerging from my mouth, "Hit you?" I said as if that was the most stupidest idea she could have come up with, "HIT YOU!? Are you kidding me!?" I yelled, causing her to flinch, "I wouldn't lay a finger on your dirty skin!" I hissed, "How dare you make assumptions!" I said pointing my finger at her, "How dare you speak about something you know nothing of! How dare you act so irrationally?! How dare you!?" I growled menacingly. My head was once again pounding but I didn't care, all I cared about was making sure this got the message.

 

"How dare I?" She yelled incredulously, "I had every right to do what I did! You deserved that punch!" She protested.

 

I just shook my head, "Wrong!" I shouted, "I wasn't talking about me! I was talking about Jin!"

 

"How dare you think that he would do such foul things!?" I screamed, she better get ready for the hurricane I was about to hit her with. But someone grabbed my wrist and gently tugged.

 

"Let it go..." It was Jin. He sounded so sad, so broken. No. I wouldn't let it go.

 

"No." I concluded and focused my eyes back on the scum before me. "Who do you think you are to go around accusing people?!"

 

"You don't know what he did to me!" She yelled, she was also broken. But at the time I wasn't thinking about how she felt and continued with my harsh words.

 

"But do I?" I asked her looking into her blue eyes, "Making assumptions again!" I pointed out, eager to annoy her. "Didn't you hear him say that I wasn't anything—Oh, wait. You didn't..." I said feigning realization, "You continued to run your mouth and wouldn't let him finish! You don't know what he was going to say!" I yelled, more angry than I've been in a while.

 

She was balling her eyes out in front of me, and started to slowly sink to the ground. It was then that I realized what I had done. My head started pounding again and I found that I couldn't see out of my right eye very well, and my heart was aching for her. I knew what it felt like to lose someone and knew that you can make up things in your head to ease the sadness into anger, but in the long run, that did more damage. What had I done?  I didn’t know what to do, so I let my body take over, knowing it was more rational than my brain.

 I kneeled down and sat next to her shaking body, Jin was watching us, everyone was watching us. But I ignored them and placed a comforting arm around her shoulder and started to say softly: "I'm sorry; I was talking out of line..." She didn't respond, but I guess I didn't expect her to, soon I sensed another being approaching us, Joe. She walked over to Jin, who I hadn't noticed was crying silently and leaning up again the basketball hoop. I smiled as she comforted him, I hadn't even noticed him, but she did. Mom would have too...

 

Soon Claire had stopped crying, but she continued to lean on me, I didn't mind. "Uh....I think you two should go home now..." I looked up and saw Namjoon watching us awkwardly.

 

I was hit with embarrassment, "Right, sorry, we'll be going now..." I stood up, bringing Claire's tall figure with me, and made sure she was stable before sliding past them both and grabbing Joe's arm. "Let's go," I whispered, "Dad is probably worried." She nodded and said her goodbyes to Jin, as did I. "I'm sorry, I really am...." Was all I could think to say at the time.

 

He gave me a soft smile, and that was all. But for some reason that didn't make me feel much better, worse actually. He looked at me with a saddened expression that I didn't want take in. I nodded at him walked away awkwardly, alone, as Joe was saying her goodbyes to others. And soon they all followed her over to me, other than Yoongi, who was seemed to be taking it all in.

 

"Bye Jen," Jimin said and I nodded. That was all I seemed to be able to do, still too embarrassed because of how stupid I acted.

 

"Bye..." Jungkook voiced quietly, my heart sunk. What did he think of me now?

 

Taehyung just looked at me, he didn't say anything, didn't smile, but then, he showed me a thumps up and turned around, walking towards Yoongi. What? What the hell was that for? I just did something awful, and he gave me a thumbs up?

 

As I watched him go I was embraced by unexpected arms, Hoseok had wrapped me in a big hug.  "Don't worry..." He softly whispered in my ear, a small shiver went through me. Why did he say that to me? I pulled away and smiled, my heart lifted. He relaxed me. His hands moved to my face and I winced, he instantly removed his hands. "Sorry..."

 

I shook my head, "Well, We'll be leaving now..." I said taking a step towards Joe. "Bye..."

 

The walk back to the parking lot was silent, at least until I heard a calm voice show up out of nowhere. "You should get cleaned up before going home, and I don't think you should be driving in your condition." We both stopped dead in our tracks and turned around to see Yoongi.

 

"What?" I said confused.

 

Joe gasped, "I think he's right, dad would never let you leave the house again if you came home like that..."

 

I then understood the situation, I really wasn't in any condition to drive, and definitely didn't want dad to see me like this. "I suppose..." I said, considering his advice.

 

"Taehyung suggested that he could bring home Joe while you got fixed up." Yoongi told us.

 

Joe seemed to become over joyed with the idea, "That could work!" She said too happily, "I mean....yeah sure." I mentally smiled and could just see her mentally hitting herself.

 

"What time is it?" I asked thinking about what time dad would be home, because I knew he wouldn't be happy if we came home at different times, plus he didn't even know we were here. He usually comes home at 10:30, but came home at 11:00 the previous night...if only his hours were normal...

 

"It's about 9:10." Yoongi answered.

 

Good, he's probably not even home yet....and I trust Taehyung with Joe, if anything, Joe would make the first move... I thought to myself. "Okay, that's fine by me." I concurred.

 

Yoongi nodded as I heard stopping feet echo through my ears, "You told them?"

 

Yoongi nodded again, rather blankly, shadows casting on his features.

 

Taehyung smiled at Joe, "Great!" He said too cheerfully for what has happened tonight. "I will take you home Miss," he said playfully putting out his arm for her take, she took it and walked away to, what I assumed to be, his truck. I watched them smiling together; they really would make cute couple...

 

"You don't need to worry about Joe, she's fine with him." Yoongi told me.

 

I nodded, though I already knew.

 

I followed a couple feet behind Yoongi back to the apartment, when we were back inside he brought me to the bathroom and pulled out a first aid kit. I looked in the tall mirror behind the door and examined myself, "Wow...I look like ." I stated the obvious as I looked over the bruises and scrapes, the black eye and the golf ball sized bruise on my jaw line. "That girl has a hell of an arm..." I mumbled sitting down on the edge of the bathtub, while grabbing the first aid kit and a wet washcloth from Yoongi.

 

I thanked him and started cleaning my wounds; by the time I finished with the huge scratches on my knees the white fabric had turned crimson. I glanced up at Yoongi; he was watching me curiously, "Umm..." I held up the washcloth, "Sorry, do you have another one?" I asked awkwardly.

 

He didn't say anything but reached under the sink and took out another, this time, a hot pink color. He put it under the facet, but instead of handing it to me, decided that it would be better for him to do it. He kneeled down in front of me and held out his hand, "Arm,"

 

"What?" I asked confused with him and this situation.

 

He rolled his eyes, "Give me your arm." He confirmed and I reached out my right arm. His warm hands held it and gently turned it to clean my elbows. It was weird how gentle he was, he didn't seem to be that kind of guy, Hoseok did, I thought. He dropped my left arm and then looked at the small cuts scattered across my legs and quickly dabbed at them. Then he examined my bruises on my face, that I was sure must be starting to swell. I felt extremely uncomfortable with him so close and looking at me, plus he wasn't talking, which made this even more awkward. He then looked into my eyes, I quickly broke contact but then he asked me a question. "Why did you do that for Jin? And then for Claire?"

 

I looked back at him and noticed he wasn't as close as before, I was relieved, but was taken aback by his question. "What do you mean why did I do it?" I answered him with a question.

 

"I mean, why did you stick up for Jin, and then suddenly stop having an outburst and comfort Claire?" He asked explaining himself.

 

I looked into his brown eyes, and answered with the first thing that came to my head. "Well...I mean... How do I say this?" I thought about a story that my mother told me, it was a sad but happy story, even after hearing it a couple times, she still wouldn't tell me where it was she got it. But I assumed it was yet another concept for a book or poem she didn't finish. I took in a breath and sighed, "Let's just say that the coward was in a relationship with the fool. The coward tends to over think things, to hesitate while the fool tends to under think things and act with no censors." I looked at him to find him wearing an expression of confusion, that was actually quite adorable, but I continued. "So, obviously this brings complications, they are very different from one another, but yet find each other beyond comforting." I stared at one of the bathroom tiles as I then began again, "One day, the coward didn't carry out a certain deed that had been on his mind for a while, the fool was angry at him. But," I held up my pointer finger, "What the coward didn't know was that the fool was also at fault, while the coward thought about his decisions long and hard before deciding, the fool was unsure of what she wanted and acted too quickly. Skipped to conclusions, on her own.

 

"She ended up regretting her actions. He ended up regretting his actions. They both had regrets, both wanted things to change. But there is one thing that these two opposites have in common, it somehow turned things around, and always will turn things around. Guess what it is?" I asked him playfully, getting into my story telling, but of course he didn't answer and I continued. "Hope. Without hope, the coward wouldn't think and wait for a better time or place and without hope, the fool wouldn't jump into things without the slightest bit of reassurance of survival or victory." I shrugged, "Sometimes both need to be reminded of the hope that makes them up, either it be through words or none at all. H.O.P.E Hold On Pain Ends..." I sighed looking back at him, "That's why I did it, in hopes I was saying and doing the right thing, guess I was the fool in that sistuation....I realized that I knew what it felt like to lose someone, and put myself in her shoes I guess...I wanted to show Claire that she clearly wasn't forgotten and that she was over reacting." I let out a small chuckle, "I mean did you see the way he looked at her? It was...he must love her....right? "

 

Yoongi looked at me, he was now leaning on the cupboard under the sink, still holding the wash cloth, but the way he was looking at me...I couldn't describe it. "So..." He started but then shook his head and leaned forward, "Yeah, he loves her..."

 

I smiled my chest warming, "Funny, I don't know her at all, don't know what happened between them, but I think they'll make it out together..." I said.

 

"Hold On Pain Ends, huh?" He was looking at his hands seeming to be thinking.

 

"Yeah, never heard that before? My mom use- yeah, it's a common saying..." I corrected, not wanting to bring up my mom anymore, it just put me into awkward places, even though he already knew everything. Nobody said anything for a while, but I needed to get home and it was getting late. Plus I was really tired and just wanted to go to sleep.

 

"Yoongi?" I poked his knee and he instantly looked up at me, "I uh, I need to get home soon..."

 

His eyes widened, "Right, okay..." He stood up left the bathroom, I followed, my joints tightening every time I took a step. I didn't understand and didn't know what to believe what he was like, most times he was an , but as of now, he was actually quite good company.

 

We were outside and walking to my mom's car, he went to the driver’s side and I got shotgun. I had grabbed our coats from the closet that me and Joe left and shuffled through my pocket to get the keys and then handed it over to him. The second he started the car, Eminem blasted in our ears, making me almost have a heart attack. "God Eminem! Why so loud!?" I pouted covering my ears and then turning down the volume. Yoongi gave me a sideways glance, "What?" I protested, raising an eyebrow, daring him to say something.

 

He shrugged, "Nothing," Good answer. I sighed and rolled my eyes, pressing my cheek up against the glass window.

 

Pictures of what happened earlier flashed through my mind, I really shouldn't have gotten involved. Namjoon and......Jungkook.....Jimin, what do they think of me? What do they all think now? I hate how irrational I act, it hasn't gotten me anywhere good. I hope Jin can forgive me. Oh, Jin...what must he think? I just hope that he and Claire will work out....oh Claire, I don't even know her, yet I feel responsible for her relationship with Jin. What am I thinking? What did I do? I'm so stupid...an idiot. I hit my head against the window, "Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid idiot...." I mumbled; momentarily forgetting that I wasn't alone.

 

I slowly looked over to see if Yoongi heard me, but he was looking at the road with no expression. I started thinking about why he always looked so bored, other than when he was mad at, or tormenting me, and once again my mind came back to the possibility that he had lost someone. I didn't just think this because of how he acted, but the way he held himself and the missing spark in his eyes.

 After I lost my mom, I started noticing things that never came to mind, one being a certain spark in someone's eyes. I first noticed it looking at my dad a month after the accident; his eyes didn't have something that I knew I once saw within his light brown irises. Many people at my school still had that spark, but Joe didn't have it, I didn't, and there were of course others, but it was something that I lacked, and still lack.

 

Looking at Yoongi, I could tell that I wasn't the only one in this car who experienced losses. I sighed for the umpteenth time, still gazing at him, my mind once again wondering to the incident that happened tonight.

 

"It's not nice to stare you know," Yoongi breathed out, sounding slightly tense.

 

But I ignored his comment and started thinking out loud. "What do you think Hoseok, Jungkook, and the others think of me now?" I looked at him awaiting an answer.

 

"I don't know what they're thinking, how should I know?" He replied, unenthusiastically and blandly.

 

"The way Jungkook only said one word, and so quietly, so...I don't know, but it didn't seem like he was happy with me." Jungkook's childish smile appeared in my head, my chest tightened. "Oh Jungkook, my impressions on him were horrible..." I said burying my face in my hands.

 

"Why are you so worried? Why do you care what they think of you?" He asked me.

 

I looked at him confused and frustrated, "Why am I worried? Why do I care what they think? Why wouldn't I care?" I asked leaning back into the seat. "Do you even realize how amazing your friends are? And you're so cold and bitter, how did you manage to get a hold of them?" I asked thinking about how many people I was nice and kind to; they just ended up stabbing me in the back. "Do you know how hard it is for me to make friends? I haven't even really had a best friend before!" I said now in a huffy mood. How could someone like him get a friend like Hoseok or Jimin? Hoseok, he was so kind, so funny....

 

"I can see why," Yoongi said harshly.

 

I gasped, but then thought for a second about how clumsy I am and punched myself for admitting it, but he was right. "Whatever...Who cares if I have somewhat of a temper and have a tendency to fall and run into things! So what if I'm a little different and not very tall! And have stupid scars on my arms and legs! Who cares if I'm not as pretty as other girls! So what if I'm, I'm....oh forget it!" I growled annoyed with myself.

 

Yoongi was looking at me with a satisfied expression, "See? Why worry?"

 

I pursed my lips, annoyed with his totally attractive face. "You've literally only answered my questions with more questions....." I looked out my window to see we were already in my driveway. "When did?.."

 

"About five minutes ago." I opened the door and then excited my mom's mustang. Yoongi also did so, wait....."You brought me home in my car! How are you going to get back?" I asked looking at him worriedly. It was dark already.

 

He just shrugged as a small smirk formed across his lips, "I'm fine, I wanted to walk home, it's only about twenty five minutes away." He said, starting to take a few steps backward, I walked over to him on the other side of the car to stop him.

 

"No, you probably shouldn't walk home, its dark." I said concerned, looking around at all the misshaped shadows, what if something happened to him? Jin and the rest would never forgive me if he got hurt.

 

He let out a small laugh, I became stiff, I had never heard him laugh before. "Stop getting so worked up about everything,"

 

"But—"

 

"Besides," He looked up at the sky and the darkness around us, "I would rather walk, I don't really like driving..."

 

He started to turn around, but I grabbed ahold of his elbow, "Wait I-thanks for driving me home, and uh don't die or anything...." I rambled awkwardly.

 

He pulled away from me rather hastily, "I highly doubt that I would die....get inside and relax, geez..."

 

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Well sorry for trying to be nice....see you Monday, try not to let the darkness somehow fill you with joy! You heartless creature of the night..." I voiced loud enough for him to hear me, but he ignored my comment and stalked off.

 

I had waited before I could no longer see him before heading inside. I sighed as I entered the house, dad wasn't back yet and it was already 10:20, he better get home soon.... I found Joe in her room lying on the ground listening to music. I smiled at her and thought that I should leave her and went into my room.

 

I couldn't wait to go to sleep, but as I was roaming in my coat pocket for my phone, my hands found the folded pieces of paper that Yoongi gave me, I had forgotten all about it. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked from my phone to the sheets, I smiled, why not make another video?

 

I threw my coat on the floor and quickly changed into my pajamas and while doing so realized I was still in the clothes Jin had lent me, hopped onto the bed, and opened up camera and started a video. "Hello again! I had fun last time, and thought why not?" I sighed and held up on of the sheets that Yoongi gave me. "This is the paper Yoongi gave me today...I have not the slightest idea what it might mean...." I put the paper on the bed and looked back at the camera, "So that happened. Oh, you’re probably wondering why I look like this...well actually you know because you are me....so yeah, this is so weird..." I said laughing, but then remembered Joe and quieted down.

"Oops...anyway a lot happened today, I've only known them for a week but so much has happened within that short period of time." A sigh escaped through my lips, "All the arguments with Yoongi and laughs with Hoseok, food with Jin and 'meetings' with Jungkook, awkward situations with Taehyung and erted comments with Jimin, and.." I pursed my lips, "I guess I don't really know Namjoon that well, but hopefully that will change." I moved closer to the camera, looking more closely at my bruises, "I'm not going to forget Claire, that's for sure." I concluded, wincing as I accidentally pressed too hard near my eye. "Hopefully this will become unnoticeable by Monday morning, and if it's not, I'll just say I got into a street fight and won!" I said giggling to myself, I made my face scrunch up to look tough, "There were ten of 'em," I began, deepening my voice trying to sound menacing, "Took 'em out with a punch, a kick, and two back hands..." I laughed, "No one would believe me....I'm so lonely, if anyone saw me doing this I would die!" I concluded as I looked around my room, checking for any eavesdroppers, and ended up yawning and allowed my eyes to close for a second. "Well, I should go to bed now, I'm tired..." I almost stopped the video but remembered how I had to end it. "Forgive but don't forget...Smile for tears are too precious....Love but don't fall....Eat apples for there're amazing." I said in a lethargic manner. I put my phone on the pillow to my left and went to shut my light off, before crawling under the covers and drifting off to sleep.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello~ Sorry for the extremely long chapter, I couldn't find a place to end it....so ya! I hope that you somewhat enjoyed it; once again sorry for my y writing skills. Sorry it took so long! How long did it take me, like a month? I'm sorry...I wish I had a good excuse, but I’m just slow... Hope that you end up liking this story as much as I looovvvee writing it! Well anyway.....

-Flora