The Park (Part One)

What a Whimsical Notion

My first month went by so fast and it was already five days until Homecoming; and other than a few minor arguments with the , I had a damn good month!

 I became closer to Hoseok than I had ever been with a friend, and we usually walked over to Jin's house after school to hang out; I even helped him with his homework. Joe and Taehyung got pretty close too, but not as friends....Joe is always talking about him and she finally decided that she's starting to fall for him, and I wouldn't blame her. He really was a nice guy.

When the Monday after my first visit to Jin's house came around, I was nervous about whether or not they would forgive me, but Yoongi was right, I shouldn't have worried so much. They acted as if nothing ever happened, I was beyond relieved. Actually, I was a little surprised, if that happened to me, I don't know how I'd react. Not how Jin did, that's for sure. He told me that after I left, Claire apologized for her behavior, and later that night, he received a text from her. "It wasn't  much," He had with a small smile, "But it was something." I was overjoyed with this news, and hoped that in due time they could once again be together. But most of all, I was glad that he wasn't bitter with me, I really need to learn how to hold in my anger.

 I had never imagined how great it would be to have friends, it was really nice to have someone by your side during times of need, I had always lived in my own world and concerned myself only with my own domain, but it was nice to get into someone else's for once.

 

It was a Monday and I was heading to English class, I was sooooooo tired, I had stayed up too late last night listening to music and watching TV. I slowly entered and trekked over to my seat, then gradually turned to face the tower, Chanyeol. We had become closer as well, but he was still more of an acquaintance than a friend. My elbow was on my desk and I was resting my cheek in my hand. "What's up?" I asked, sounding muffled because of my position and drowsy because of my lack of sleep.

He shrugged and mirrored me, "The sky," he joked while raising his eyebrows and making his eyes seem bigger as he added that million dollar smile.

I rolled my eyes at him and fake laughed with the little energy I had, "You're sooo clever..." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, I know." He said sounding proud of my mocking comment. "So, what's up?" He asked popping the 'p' childishly.

"Teen pregnancy rates." I voiced, copying his idea with a smirk on my face, feeling content with how fast I thought of that.

He laughed, his deep chuckle filling my ears, but then nodded seriously as his eyes widened, "No kidding, did you hear about Kayla Johnson?"

I leaned closer to him, looking around to see if anyone noticed my secretive position, "Yeah, is it true?" I asked in a whisper, wanting to know but at the same time feeling bad, it really wasn't my business.

He also scanned our surroundings, then, took in a deep breath. "I think—" Chanyeol began, but was interrupted by the girl in front of us, Morgan Oaks.

"Kayla happens to be my best friend, don't talk about her behind her, or my, back. Do you have any manners?" She asked looking at us with a disgusted expression. Her green eyes furious, and instantly I felt guilty and wished I hadn't said anything.

"They don't, especially that," he pointed at me, "She wouldn't know what manners were if they smacked her in the face."  Yoongi said, harshly joining the conversation.

I glared at him, his smug aspect digging a hole of irritation in my gut. "Like you know anything about manners!" I hissed quietly, (making sure Ms. Bee didn't hear) while recalling all of our arguments in my head, the arguments he generally won because of his tendency to have better, more complicated comebacks.

"Freak," He said as his eyes narrowed on me.

"!" I retorted childishly, leaning toward him agitated.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Chanyeol began, putting an arm around my shoulder and pulling me toward him slightly, "I can literally feel the tension, relax..." He made the 'breathing in and out' gesture with his right hand.

I gave Chanyeol a warning glare, he was just adding to my annoyance. He can't tell me to relax! Why is he touching me?! Ugh! I already have to deal with Hoseok and Jimin's skin ship, don't tell me I have to tell him about personal space too! I looked at him, trying to give him my mental message, and I smiled and nodded as he removed his arm from around me. I wouldn't usually mind, but because of Yoongi, I was annoyed.

"Sorry," Chanyeol said sounding embarrassed, his cheeks turning a light pink color.

I shook my head, and as I did, saw Yoongi looking at me rather indifferently, and found myself becoming a little hurt, confusing myself in the process and ended up ignoring it. He was always so hard to read and always made me feel so strange. "It's fine, sorry, I was annoyed..." I told Chanyeol, as Ms. Bee headed towards the front of the classroom.

Yoongi and Morgan turned as Chanyeol whispered something in my ear, "I know that Yoongi is kind of a know-it-all jerk, but, what's with you two?"

I shrugged, "It's nothing," I replied, but in truth, I really had no idea.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

After lunch Namjoon and I were heading to calculus, it was weird, I spend so much time with him, but I really don't know a lot about him, even after this month. He's always just been there, in the background, kind of like Yoongi, but I think that I've shared more words with him because of our arguments, but I've barely ever conversed with Namjoon.

"So....Whatcha up to recently?" I asked, more awkwardly and more 'tell me everything about you' kind of voice than I intended and looked up him with a sheepish smile.

He looked down at me from the corner of his eye, "What's up with you?" He inquired as we made our way through the crowded hall.

I shook my head and shrugged as we entered the classroom, "I don't know," I said, walking to my seat that was located in the fourth row (I sat next to Namjoon). "It's just that I don't know a lot about you, and...Well and," I was trying to find the words to explain to him that I wanted to know more about him. I set my things on my desk and turned to him. He was just watching me with a confused expression. It was a little irritating, I just wanted to learn more about him, but he never tries to tell me about himself! It's difficult for me to start conversations with people, especially Namjoon. I never knew that it would be this hard to get someone to talk to me, I have always been pretty open. Is that just me? Are other people closed in? I sighed and looked at him seriously, planning to tell him flat out. "I never had friends before, I don't know how to ask people about themselves, I don't understand how to know what others think, and I don't know how to keep them close." He just stared at me, blankly, it reminded me of Yoongi. "All I'm saying is that out of everyone, I know close to nothing about you." At the time I thought he had something against me, especially after what he says next, but later I find out that he's more like me than anything.

He just looked at me as if he were trying to figure something out, then he sat down in his desk and I could have sworn that I saw a sad smile edged into his features. "Attachments are poisonous things." He breathed out unobtrusively to everyone but me.  Namjoon had brought a new thought to swim fresh in my mind.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

"What world are you in?" I was in study hall during eighth period, the teacher was listening to music with his headphones, like usual, and all the kids were talking and laughing. Usually I'd be one of them, but I was too busy thinking about what happened earlier. 'Attachments are poisonous things'....he had said; an interesting thought. Throughout the rest of the day, I was thinking about what Namjoon had said and had a free period to do so, but was interrupted by Hoseok's voice.

"What?" I asked, suddenly realizing what was going on.

He sighed as his eyes rolled up to the ceiling and then back to mine. "What is on your mind?" He asked slightly annoyed; I was taken aback. "I was talking to you," he said, sounding frustrated.

I noticed how his left eyebrow was twitching and had to resist the urge to giggle; he was so animated with all of his facial expressions and his goofy laugh. Nonetheless, I was confused with his behavior; it wasn't like him. I furrowed my eyebrows in befuddlement, "I'm sorry I—I didn't mean to zone you out..."

I looked him in the eye, waiting for him to continue, but he just looked at me with pursed lips. I sighed, letting a smile appear across my features; he was so childish sometimes. "What is it? I'm sorry, just tell me..." I cooed, poking his cheek.

He pouted.

"I'll tell you later...maybe, I don't know! Stop pestering me, Jen!" He huffed out burying his head in his arms on the desk. What was going on? What was wrong with him?

"Is it that time of the month again?" I asked jokingly, gently patting his shoulder, "It's okay, I under—"

"Stop joking around, okay?" I heard his muffled voice through his arms.

I moved my hand away from him and decided to let it go, I had never seen an angry Hoseok, and I didn't want to. "Okay, I'll stop." I watched him, waiting for a response that never came and soon my thoughts once again wondered back to Namjoon. His words repeated themselves over and over in my head, and even though I didn't want to believe it, he was one hundred percent correct. Attachments were poisonous things. You would never feel pain because you lost one of your possessions, never cry because of a breakup or because you lost someone close to you. But, just because you don't feel loss doesn't mean you don't feel pain and with no attachments you'd never be able understand love or friendship. It comes down to whether or not you would rather have loved and lost or to have never loved at all.

Mom's face popped up, and I instantly decided that I would rather have loved and lost.

I returned to the real world and was surprised to find Hoseok's eyes on me. For some reason, I could feel my cheeks starting to burn, he was looking at me so....so, I don't know, but it gave me a tingly feeling in my stomach. "What?" I asked tilting my head, hoping he didn't notice how red I was.

He shook his head quickly, whilst blinking rapidly, and sat up right, "Nothing." He shifted his eyes to the clock and jumped up, "Time to go!" He chanted happily and soon the sound of chairs scratching against tile filled my ears.

"So, how much homework do you have today?" Hoseok and I were lying on the ground in Jin's living room with our books and binders spread around us.

Hoseok rolled over onto his stomach from across of me and groaned, "I have so much to do!" He whined. "Let's just go do something fun!" He said desperately, as he started to stand up, but I reached over to him across the pile of work and yanked him back down.

"No you don't. If you get it done then we can do something fun, okay?" I lectured him as I released the firm grip on his arm. He complained but obeyed my words and opened up his English binder. "How the heck did you make it to senior year?" I asked him, seriously curious. I mean seriously, he never does anything unless I tell him too; he's like a child!

He shrugged and absentmindedly glanced over his shoulder towards the hallway leading to the bedrooms, "Yoongi would always pester me. He'd call me stupid and I always wanted to prove him wrong, it was actually a really effective way in making me do my work; for Jimin as well." I was shocked, Yoongi caring about someone else? It just didn't seem quite right. I watched him scribble his name down on a sheet and then rambled further more. "Namjoon also would push me to it, but he would say stuff like, 'You'll never succeed!' and stuff like that." He smiled up at me for a few moments then, "Help me!" He pleaded in a whine. I rolled my eyes and started to explain the directions.

It didn't take that long to finish, he had complained for no reason, he had barely anything to do. I, on the other hand, had a lot more than he did and still had to do my Calculus homework. As I was writing my name on the last sheet I felt hands wrap around my waist and haul me off the ground. "Ahhh!" I screeched surprised, I hadn't even known that he got up. His arms squeezed my sides and I was squished up against him. I could feel my cheeks once again start to heat up, and I didn't like it. "Let me go!" I was squirming but couldn't manage to break free. "I still have homework!"

He only laughed, "Let's go do something FUN!" He said cheerfully swinging me around, making my head spin.

"No! Just put me down!" I was using my hands to push myself away from him, but he was stronger than he looked.

"Come on!" He cooed childishly, and continued to spin around and around, I was becoming very dizzy.

"Ugh!" I huffed out, just as we began to fall. My eyes widened as he began to become unstable. "Hoseok! Hoseok we're... we're fallin—" we made contact with the hard wood floors, and unfortunately, he fell on me. "Ow!" I croaked out.

Hoseok was laughing at me, but I couldn't seem to find humor in the fact that I was being crushed under his weight as much as he did. "I'm sorry Jen, I didn't mean to fall on you!" He said between chuckles. He had an amazing laugh, it always makes me want to burst into laughter, but I couldn't laugh this time, I was annoyed.

He was smiling down at me, and I glared up at him. "Don't be like that..." He said poking my nose. He shouldn't be talking! Earlier he was annoyed with me, I have the right to be rude!

I slapped his hand away from me, "Yeah, yeah, now get off me!" I shouted pushing against his chest, but he didn't move. "Come on, I—" I began, but was distracted. He was looking down at me with a strange spark of light in his eyes, with his hands on either side of my head. Funny, I hadn't noticed how close we were. And I admit, I guess I didn't mind it. But, at the same time, it didn't feel right. I poked his face and that seemed to wake him from his weird black out, he must have been thinking and didn't realize what he was doing, "Hoseok, can you get off me now?" I asked him again, my arms hugged to my chest, feeling strangely nervous in a way.

He looked at me with his milk chocolate eyes and took in a deep breath, before speaking. "Hey, would you like to—"

"OH MY GOD!" Hoseok shot off the ground and I sat up abruptly, I was alarmed, though I didn't know why, we just fell, we weren't doing or going to do anything. Jimin was looking at us with wide eyes, Taehyung seemed annoyed, and Yoongi, as always, looked as if he could care less. For some reason, I became agitated with him. "WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?!?" Taehyung scolded, walking over to us, clearly mad. What was he so mad about?

I shook my head quickly, joined the rest and stood. "Nothing, we just fell, it's no big deal." I said calmly looking into his eyes, my face finally turning back to its normal color. I became more comfortable when I realized that Hoseok and I were no longer alone.

Taehyung shoved a judging finger at me, "But he — you — ground....YOU!" He turned to Hoseok, "What were you planning?" He asked crossing his arms, looking at him expectantly.

I didn't know why I felt the need to deny anything that could have happened, but I did. "Taehyung, stop freaking out. He was swinging me around, rather annoyingly may I add, and then we fell. Nothing was going on." I shrugged, "That's it; chill." I told him, hoping that really was all there was to the story.

He looked at me, his eyes rather wide, and he nodded slowly, "I believe you, but I better not see it again." He said, like he was my dad.

"Would it really be all that bad?" I turned and saw Hoseok looking more annoyed than anyone. What had gotten into him today?

No one had answered his question and we all just looked at him. I was so confused with this situation, what was going on?

He was looking at me, and I didn't know what to say. "Whatever." He walked away from me and passed Jimin and Yoongi, then, proceeded out the door.

"Hoseok!" I called and started to walk towards the front hall. I didn't know what had gotten into him or why he was angry but I knew he wasn't happy with me, or anyone for that matter.

"Leave him, he likes to be alone when he's angry, and it's better for everyone that way." Jimin told me gently as I stopped before him, who was looking at me with a soft expressing that I had never seen him use before.

"Why is he so angry?" I asked, no one in particular. And no one answered my question either and I was frustrated. I didn't want Hoseok to be mad at me, why was he angry?

My eyes found their way to Yoongi's and I noticed he no longer was wearing a face of indifference, but one mixed between sad and content. I was once again confused, and was about to criticize him but Hoseok had burst through the door with a smile on his face. "Let's go do something!" He said cheerfully, but I knew he wasn't happy, and was befuddled why he was acting this way.

I shrugged it off and just smiled at him. As a wise man, I'm sure once said: when confused or unsure, smile, it makes situations lighter. "You are the weirdest person I've ever met...." I said, looking at his perfectly fit outline.

He winked at me, "The feeling is mutual." He glanced at everyone around us and gestured to the door, "Do you guys wanna go to the park with us?" He asked them, Taehyung and Jimin instantly agreed, but it took some persuasion to convince Yoongi to concur. But soon we were all walking along the trail through the woods to get to the park.

 

"...And then after many rejections, I finally let her take me. I mean I wouldn't blame her if she wanted to go with me....God...I'm too hot for my own good." Jimin was explaining the story of how he got a date to homecoming, but really, nobody actually thought this was how it played out.

"You sure it didn't happen the other way around?" Hoseok joked, raising his eyebrows in question.

"No one paid her? Wait! Is she blind?!" I asked mockingly, smirking at him. I heard Taehyung and Hoseok's laughs, Jimin's defense, and Yoongi's silence.

I looked down at the dirt trail; this was my first time going through here. Usually we would just take the car, but this was much more fun. I saw a bird up in a tree and heard its soft song. I love birds; they're so beautiful and so peaceful. Looking up at it, strangely, I felt the urge to close my eyes and breathe in the fresh air of the forest. I stopped abruptly and raised my arms, taking in a deep breath. "Ahh...it smells so nice!" I commented to myself, and just as I did, I felt someone poke my sides, causing me to yank my arms down and glare at the culprit. Jimin was smiling at me like a little angel.

An angel that I'm sure crawled out of hell.

"Got you-” He was smiling at me, but his eyes seemed too friendly for my taste.

"Whoa! Way too erted, back up!" I said flicking his forehead, causing his creeper eyes to close on contact.

"Ow! Hey! That hurt!" He whined as Taehyung was giving him a disapproving stare.

"You're fine, let’s go," I voiced and once again continued down the path.

"Watch your hands, mister!" Taehyung scolded Jimin, but more on instinct than a real threat.

I let a small smirk travel to my lips as I looked up at him, "I don't know why you're being so protective when, one, you’re not my dad, and two, you don't seem to take your own advise when you’re with Joe." The second I said it, I wanted to...unsay it. My eyes went wide, "I-I didn't—" the worry left my face as I saw his own expression.

"Joe is...very pretty." He said with a dorky smile and dreamy eyes, looking down at me, "Plus, I don't have bad intentions, whilst I have no idea what they are thinking." He pointed out, defending himself, but I knew he was secretly embarrassed.

We all walked on with no words shared, and then I thought about all the stories and day dreams Joe told me about Taehyung. "Hey," I started as an idea popped up in my head, "I think you should ask her to homecoming." I blurted out, hoping I wasn't going too far, but couldn't help it, for the thought of them together made me feel bubbly.

His eyes got even bigger than they already were, and he stopped walking to look at me. "Are you crazy? She wouldn't say yes..." He sighed, his eyes looking sad.

I just shook my head, smiling. "Yes, she would. Don't tell her that you know, but she likes you more than you might think." I whispered.

"Wait…She's going to find out that he likes her if he asks her to the dance." Jimin said sounding confused.

"Shut up, Jimin, we wouldn't want you to over think it." Hoseok said, earning himself a threatened punch by said person.

Taehyung smiled down at me and leaned in to whisper something in my ear. "I could say the same thing about you. He likes you more than you think." He stepped away from me and smiled, then continued down the trail in a childish sway that I would only ever see him use. What and who was he talking about? The thought of a guy having feelings for me seemed almost impossible. Especially if you heard so many judgmental words from guys in the past, it does more damage to you than you’d originally assume.

I watched Jimin and Hoseok pass me and catch up with Taehyung as I stood there thinking, once again, about what one of these seven “wise men” said. "No one knows how to whisper." I heard someone say irritably. I instantly spun around. That scared me...he raised an eyebrow at my wide eyes and my arms in front of my face. He looked at me, slightly chewing his bottom lip, and of course, I couldn't help but stare at. "Are you really that dense?" He finally asked, his eyes blank, I stared into them. His dark irises almost black against his pupil, contrasting with his pale skin and compatible with his mysteriously stark colored hair hanging above them.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "Dense? What do you mean?" I inquired, once again confused.

He sighed and looked away from me at the three figures disappearing in front of us. "You may be smart, but you’re not that smart." He voiced shaking his head as he walked ahead of me, slowly strolling behind them. I didn't know what to think, so many things confused me today, Namjoon, then Yoongi, then Hoseok, then Hosoek again, then Taehyung, and now Yoongi for a second time. Am I oblivious or are they just really good at confusing people? I let it slide, and made a note to mention it in one of my future video logs.

I had continued to make videos, and since I had a lot of storage and barely ever used it, I was easily able to record myself for a few minutes, two or three times a week. They became a lot more fun, and I just recently, as in yesterday, re-watched a few. It was really funny to see myself talking to me...that still sounds so weird...

I ran towards the others, purposefully bumping into Taehyung and Jimin, but they only complained a little a bit, which was a little disappointing but soon my ears picked up something, I followed the soft trickle and hoped it was what it sounded like. "It is!" I said as I peered down from a small edge. I turned back looking over my shoulder and gestured for them to come over here, "It's a creek! It's so pretty!" I breathed out, looking at it with dreamy eyes. I didn't wait for them and eagerly started to slide down the edge to get closer.

I loved creeks, they're beautiful but simple and very soothing. I felt the other's presence next to me, but ignored it as I reached my hand out in my crouched position, the cold water moving over my skin.

 

"I didn't know this was here..." Jimin stated next to me, seeming surprised as he picked up a couple pebbles from the bank and plopped them into the water.

"Same here, I had no idea, but it's cool!" Hoseok bent down beside me, and as he did, our knees touched. I didn't know why I noticed that, we've had much more contact than that, why did it bother me? Did it bother me?

"I knew; I sometimes come down here actually." Taehyung said cheerfully, walking across it on a path of stones. He was so childish and really adorable sometimes. "What about you Yoongi?" He asked, almost as if he already knew the answer.

"Don't play dumb, I'm the one who found it in the first place." I was surprised how he talked to Taehyung; he's been very rude to him as of late.

But Taehyung only laughed, as if what Yoongi said was funny. "Oh, right! I remember now!" He joyfully voiced.

Yoongi mumbled inaudibly under his breath while staring daggers at Taehyung's goofy expression.

I ignored them and let my entire hand slip under the surface of the water, it was so clear and felt so cold and clean, I sighed, "I really love the creek, it seems magical to me somehow..." I chuckled at myself, "When I was younger I used to think faeries lived in them and would wait around all day to find them. Joe and my mo— Joe and I would build houses for them." I quickly said, as memories of my mother and the two of us sitting with our toes in the water filled my thoughts, she used to sing soft melodies to us, she said the faeries liked soft songs. And I realized that only Yoongi and Jin knew that I no longer had a mom. I shook off the thought but noted, in the back of my head, to tell Hoseok sooner than later.

It was quiet for a minute, and I was starting to realize what I had said, was a little out of the ordinary. "You were one wired kid." Jimin summed up flatly, throwing a stone into the water, I instantly began to laugh.

"You're totally right!" I agreed and stood up, "Let's get going!" I brushed myself off and climbed back up to the path.

I heard sighs and complaints, "You're the one who wanted to go down there!" Jimin whined and I hit him with my hip as we began walking again.

"Stop complaining and come on!" I said and jumped up and down and looked ahead to see the clearing. I exchanged eye contact with Hoseok. We were thinking the same thing, "Race you!" We said at same time and instantly took off. I could feel the wind caressing my face and tangling my hair, my feet slapped the dirt path and I smelled the fresh sent of grass.

I was almost there! Just a little further... I only had to take a few more steps, but I stopped running, my thoughts lost, when I saw another being leaning up against a tree that was in the clearing that was considered to be 'in the park'. "What? Wait—"

"Looks like I beat you." Hoseok was cockily leaning on the tree. "Slowpoke..." He called out to me as the others finally showed up behind me.

I crossed my arms, "Whatever," I turned away from Hoseok huffily and pouted as I heard his triumphant chuckles. But my attention was grabbed by another being, small and only about seven feet away.

"Awww!" I unintentionally cried out as I laid eyes on a puppy dog. He was almost as cute as Jungkook, almost. I slowly made my way towards him; he had light brownish gold fur, and didn't seem to be wearing a collar. I walked up to it slowly so it wouldn't run away, "Shhh," I began as I it starting to turn in the opposite direction, "It’s okay." I held my hands up and continued to slowly approach him.

"He's adorable!" I heard Taehyung squeal behind me, and had to suppress a laugh, afraid of scaring the puppy away.

I heard a sigh from beside me, "You are so gay..." Jimin breathed out, but only I heard him, and once again, had to stifle my laughter.

I was almost close enough to touch him, but hesitated, he looked so frightened. I shook my head at him, "No, no its okay, I'm not going to hurt you." I saw him or her, I wasn't sure, become more relaxed and let a smile slip across my face.

I was about to pet him when I felt someone grab a hold of my arm, instantly goose-bumps formed on my skin, their hand was so warm. "Give him some space you're scaring the poor thing." My hazel eyes shot down to my arm and then trailed up the others' to meet with a pair of dark brown ones. It was Yoongi.

My heart began to pump faster, just as it did when the characters in my books would kiss. Why is it beating so fast? Whatever the reason, I didn't like how it made me feel and I yanked my arm away from him. "What are you doing?" I asked harshly. He had no right to do whatever he did that made me feel this way.

His eyebrows raised and he took a step back, holding his hands up in innocence. "I didn't do anything."

"Yeah you—" I began but stopped, he didn't know my heart was pumping fast, how could he? Why was I acting like this? I'm so stupid... "Uhh, never mind." I said quickly and looked down for the dog, but he was gone and then started walking again, towards one of the park benches.

What was that? Why does my skin get hot every time he touches me? Is he the devil or something?! Like what the hell?! I sat down on the bench, and Hoseok instantly followed me and arranged himself on the seat as well. Seriously, what is wrong with me? Why is—

Hoseok had placed his hand on my forearm, I stared at where our skin touched; I felt my face start to burn and a small, soft shiver trail through my body. "Are you okay? Jen—“

I jumped away from him and stared into his light brown, confused eyes and could feel myself become annoyed. Why was he doing that? I pointed my finger at him, "What-why are you-STOP!" I had burst out, frustrated.

I looked at him as I heard someone come up from behind me. "What's going on? Are you okay?" Taehyung showed up beside me, and Jimin had found his way to Hoseok. Yoongi...I couldn't find him. Taehyung was looking at me, but I was still looking at Hoseok, anger most likely written on my face.

He was my friend, my best friend, why was he making my face heat up like that? I can expect Yoongi to get on my nerves, but not Hoseok! I was so conflicted! What's wrong with me! What am I thinking! What is he doing? What is he trying to do? Why is Yoongi making me feel strange!? Why were they doing that?! What is it that they're doing?!

My facial expression began to soften as I took in Hoseok's appearance, he was watching me, his eyes forlorn, and posture slouched.

What was I doing?

Realization hit me like a punch in a face. I was filled with guilt, I didn't want him to be sorry or sad because of me, friends were supposed to make you happy, not how I made Hoseok feel right now, no, not at all. It was all my fault...

Hoseok wasn't doing that...Yoongi wasn't either. It was me; I was doing it to myself. They don't know what I was thinking or feeling, how could they? I sighed and a pained expression flitted across my features, I looked down at my feet. My purple and green sneakers were suddenly very distracting.

"Jen," Hoseok's voice found my ears and I glanced up. His vice was so soft, and gentle, and then warmth spread through me. That's why he was my friend; he made me happy when I was sad, laugh when I was angry. "Whatever I did, I-I'm sor-"

I shook my head as the corners of my lips pulled up into a soft smile, "No, I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." I looked down once again, "I sometimes, as you well know, have out bursts of crazy...sorry..." I felt awkward, but I knew he would forgive me. He was always too nice to me.

No body spoke for another a minute, then I heard a scoff and my eyes shifted from my feet to Jimin, a dorky smirk playing on his lips. "I take back what I said earlier," He began as he continued to chuckle to himself, "You're still one weird kid."

Taehyung snorted and I giggled along with him, "I guess you're still totally right..." I leaked out just before I went into a laughing fit. What he said wasn't even very funny, I just couldn't stop laughing. My loud and obnoxious laughs could probably be heard from each corner of the park.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Hoseok cried out as he too, launched into a howl of laughter. Laughter was contagious, very contagious. Soon we all were hysterical, I was on the ground clutching my stomach, Taehyung's repetitive laugh bounced off the air and into my ears; Hoseok was shaking on the bench clapping his heart out. I always thought that was funny, it was like he was applauding the joke; Jimin's high pitch snicker was to die for. My stomach started hurting and my energy began to drain, but I couldn't stop, couldn't stop the amazing feeling of laughter! It sounds crazy, but I love the feeling! I think that's why I always try to stay positive, so I can laugh, snort, giggle, anything, it was one of the best feelings in the world.

"What the did I walk in on?" Yoongi's baffled and irritated tone could be heard above all the other noise. I opened my eyes, still laughing, and looked straight above me, Yoongi was staring down at me like I was some sort of science experiment, with great curiosity and hard eyes. I didn't care, and continued to smile and laugh, but my eyes stayed open, and were glued to his face. I wasn't trying to or anything, but my body wouldn't let me do anything else. I watched his expression change from an annoyed one, to a blank one, his eyes turned from stern to soft. He suddenly looked five times more attractive, I didn't think he could become any better looking, but he did. He appeared kinder and happier, it was strange. I hadn't even known that my heart was beating faster and I had stopped laughing, I was just smiling now. It was a nice feeling, looking into his eyes; it caused adrenaline to course through me, but at the same time, made me feel calm and relaxed. I didn't know what it was, but I liked it.

But all good things must come to an end, his face suddenly scrunched up in a scowl, and my smile disappeared. He turned away from me, taking a sip of his coffee (Where did that come from?) and strolled over to Jimin, who had calmed down and was now lying in the grass with his eyes closed. I frowned as he walked away, but sighed and shrugged it off.

Yoongi is never happy; not around me, anyway.

I sat up on my elbows and glanced to my right to find Taehyung with a large blade of grass in between his lips as he played with his shoelace. I shook my head at him and my eyes found Hoseok.

He was already watching me.

I gestured for him to come over here, and he stood up and walked over, lying down beside me. "Do you remember why we were laughing?" He asked.

I glanced over at him, one arm was on under his head and the other draped across his torso. I shook my head and looked up at the blue sky, "No, but I'll remember later, and tell you."

He nodded, "I would very much appreciate it!" He said kind of sarcastically.

I smiled. He really was such a good person, and I was so blessed to have him. "Thank you Hoseok," I breathed out, not intending for him to hear me, but he did.

"What?" he asked.

I looked back to the sky, feeling the sun on my face, "Nothing really," I said a little louder this time, "Just, thank you for being my friend; it’s really nice." I rambled on playfully but really meaning it, I watched the soft breeze blow the leaves on the trees. "Back in New York, I didn't have a lot of friends, and never really knew what this felt like."

"You're from New York?" was the first thing he asked. I could just imagine his brows scrunched up.

I shrugged, "Yeah, Why?" That was weird. Does it matter where I'm from? Why is he so surprised? I guess I never told him before…

"Oh, nothing; it doesn't matter." He added quickly, then, took in a deep breath. I closed my eyes and listened for him to continue; I had forgotten how tired I was until now. "You don't have to thank me for being your friend." I could feel his eyes on me and I tensed slightly, "Please, don't thank me."

I nodded, half listening, "Hmmm...okay," I whispered, the warmth of the sun, Hoseok's calming voice, and the fact that I barely slept the night before, caused my eyes to become heavier and my mind to seep away from reality and into the darkness of my dreams.

But I was soon woken up, Hoseok was poking my side, "Don't fall asleep here, let's go back." He smiled. I nodded, and groggily sat up. My eyes widened, Taehyung fell to the ground, Yoongi had punched him, and he looked pissed.

What is going on? Did Yoongi just hit Taehyung? What does he think he’s doing? What’s his issue?! He’s such an !

 I bubbled up with anger, everything I had against him, everything he’d done or said, flashed through my mind…"YOONGI!" I screamed, furious. He instantly looked at me, eyes wide.

You're dead meat !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! How was the chapter? Sorry it took me so long....sorry it always takes so long! I'm really bad at timing myself! Sorry, this chapter is really badly written, worse than usual, I just wanted to update something, and don't worry things are going to start to pick up in a few chapters! Maybe three or four? Probably...

 

Well anyway....

 

                                                                         -Flora►

 

P.S

 

Shout out (Like a really, really, really humongous shout out) to the One Shot Booklet, called,[Army] Battery BTS One Shots. I got the quote "Attachments are dangerous things." from Deanae Drakos in her Jin one shot. You can request one shots of Bts there, and they are (multiple authors) really amazing authors. I would go check them out. Seriously though, they are amazing!