Conflicts Between Me and Min

What a Whimsical Notion

I looked down and made my way to the only open seat. Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! Why?! I thought as I slid into the desk awkwardly. I tried to refrain myself from chancing a look to my left...but ended up taking the risk. I turned my head slightly and glanced at Yoongi, but when I saw his expression, I wish I hadn't. He was staring at me the same way he was Namjoon yesterday, I quickly turned away to avoid eye contact and thankfully the teacher started her lesson. 

Throughout the class I learned that Yoongi was as persistent in Social Studies as he was in English. Every question —and I mean every question—his arm was in the air, I knew the answers as well but felt intimidated by him and just listened as information spilled out of his lips. I had to admit, I probably couldn't have explained things as well as he did and was slightly impressed; but it got annoying near the end.

Soon the bell rang, I was very thankful; I didn't know how much more of Mr. Know-it-all I could take, and Mrs. Quinville assigned my first homework assignment of my senior year. "Don't forget to copy down notes for chapter's one, two and, three by Friday!" She said as everyone gathered their belongings.

I got out of that classroom as fast as possible, at least I tried to. When I tried to stand up and walk away my foot got caught around the leg of my desk and I started to fall. I flung my arms out to stop myself from hitting the ground but ended up back-handing Yoongi in the face with my right hand. I managed to grasp the set of desks in front of me and once I was stable I quickly remembered Yoongi and spun around to find him on the ground. I looked around to see if anyone saw it, which I'm sure they did, but all the students continued to normally file out of the classroom, I was surprised, did they even care if he was hurt?

I ran over to him and so did Mrs. Quinville, apparently when I hit him he fell backwards and his head made contact with the corner of a desk. "Oh my God!" I almost screamed as I stared down at him. He wasn't knocked out but his eyes were closed and he was groaning in pain.

I turned to Mrs. Quinville to find her looking at me, "Take him down to the nurse, he'll be okay. He just needs some rest and an ice pack." She said calmly and I nodded nervously. "Help me pick him up." We both grabbed an arm and hulled him up, he was tipping side to side."Put his arm over your shoulder...yeah like that. Okay I'm going to let go now." She said I nodded once again. Yoongi was now leaning on me, his arm was over my shoulder and I wrapped mine across his back to support him; I tried my best not to burn up because of our proximity. "I'm going to send an e-mail to Mrs. Bamel to inform her that you're coming. Get going." She said urgently and went to her computer. I asked her directions to the nurses' and quickly left the the room.

We were slowly walking through the barren halls when I started to realize how warm his breath was on my neck and how it strangely made me feel dizzy... I zoned out and soon Yoongi was slipping. "Oh No! No, no, no no!" I said as I tried to support him but he continued to fall. He groaned as he started to get closer and closer to the ground. I had to do something to stop him from falling, "He's not going to like this..." I mumbled as I quickly used my other hand and wrapped it around his waist; we were in the 'hugging' position. I strained my muscles to pull him up, after about thirty seconds of my suffering I finally got him back on his feet. I sighed, "You are a lot heavier than you look..." I said under my breath.

I removed my other hand from his waist so I was holding him up how I was originally. I looked up at him to see if he was okay and found him staring at me as though he wanted to strangle me. "AAAHH!" I screamed and let go of him.

"HEY-OOF!" He started but hit the ground with a thud.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" I scrambled back over to where he was on the tile floor and sat down next to him. "I'm sorry..." I said softer than before. "I didn't mean to drop you..." I looked down at his face, his eyes were closed again and he didn't say anything. "Are you dead?" I said poking his forehead.

His eyes shot open and I instantly stopped, he looked like he was about lash out me. He sat up and rubbed the back of his head. "What. Are. You. Doing!?" He asked loudly, and I backed up a bit.

"Hey, hey, hey there are classes going on you might want to be a little more quiet." I whispered, putting my right hand next to my mouth to project my voice so he could hear.

His stern stare lingered as he spoke, "I'll ask again; what are you doing?" He asked, whispering as well.

I smiled at the fact that he listened to me and answered him happily, "Well I was taking you to the nurse because when I hit you, your head collided with a desk and you fell."

He rolled his eyes, "I know that. What I meant was why were you poking me?" He asked looking even more annoyed.

"Your eyes were closed and you looked dead..." I shrugged and continued, "Just wanted to make sure..." After saying this out loud I realized how stupid I sounded. Of course he wasn't dead! I mentally face palmed myself. "Anyway....I should get you to the nurse-" 
 

"No thank you, I'll do fine on my own," He cut in and shot off the ground. Almost instantly he started to tip sideways. I stood quickly to steady him, but when I tried to grab for his arm he just backed away. "No! No. I'm fine, just go to class....Please!" He added in almost as a plea.

I searched his face; I didn't know what I was I looking for but whatever it was, I didn't find it. I sighed, "Fine, but if you get hurt along the way, don't come crying to me."

"Trust me, you'd be the last person I'd go to." He said harshly. I felt a small pain shoot through me, the same sort of pain I always felt when I was picked on at my other school.

But this time it was different, another feeling bubbled up with it; fury. "Wow...The amount of gratitude you have is just astonishing," I began sarcastically "Don't worry, next time you need my help I'll remember that you'll do fine on your own!" I snapped and walked away. I headed back to Mrs. Quinville  for my supplies and a pass for my next class, Biology. When she asked me how Yoongi was I had to refrain myself from saying something foul.

By the time I found my classroom there where only twenty minutes left in the period. I handed Mr. Berry my pass and he nodded, then started up the lesson once again. I sat down next to Taehyung and put my head on the lab table.

"Why so late?" Taehyung whispered, putting his head in his hand and looking towards me confused.

I sighed and shook my head, "I'll tell you later." I whispered back, sitting up. 

Mr. Berry explained the lab for everyone, we had to look at our skin cells through a microscope, and after he let us begin I told Taehyung what happened between me and Yoongi.

He looked shocked, "Really?" I nodded as I stained our cells with pink dye, "I mean Yoongi isn't very social but....I can't believe he would act that way...I'm sorry Jen..."

I smiled as he looked sincerely down at me, he really was kind.  I shook my head, "Don'y worry about it, I'm used to it."

"What do you mean?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

I sighed not wanting to get into the details, "It doesn't matter....So!" I began trying to change the subject.

"You'll tell me sooner or later...." He trailed off quietly. I looked up at him from the glass slide and stared at him as though he were crazy, but he only smiled.  "So...what do my cells look like? Riveting?" 

I laughed and lightly punched his arm, "Yeah, totally," I started sarcastically,  "Your skin cells should be on the front cover of cosmos!" I rolled my eyes as he chuckled slightly.

He bent down next to me and gestured for me to move over, "Let's see..."

Biology ended and I had dejectedly said goodbye to Taehyung and began thinking, dreading, about seeing Yoongi again.  I slowly walked through the corridor and made my way to Ms. Bee's classroom. I strolled in keeping my eyes down and sat in the first open seat I came into contact with. I heard small conversations going on around me wishing that I had brought my book from home, The Kite Runner, so I just took out my supplies and laid it on my desk and then closed my eyes resting my head in my arms. I began to think about how I was going to get home, I didn't enjoy taking the bus like Joe does, I would usually walk at my old school because my house was only a few minutes away. I decided that I would give walking a try just as I heard a booming voice fill my ears.

"Good morning everyone!" I looked up and saw Ms. Bee beaming at us with a grin across her face. "We will be having a normal lesson today," Groans sounded off and I wondered why..."Oh come on now, let's think positive!" I scanned my eyes around me and was appalled by how everyone looked disappointed other than, of course, Yoongi who looked indifferent. I sighed as Ms. Bee spoke; "I almost forgot, I have assigned seats!" More sounds of displeasure could be heard as well as chairs scratching tile as people stood up, I stood as well and gathered my belongings. My heart started to beat faster as I thought about getting placed next to Yoongi. "Okay...Aha! Here we go....Jacob Williams and Jessica Barone, Louis Kaene and Emily Carson...." I zoned out as she continued to call out names but was brought back to consciousness when I heard her call Yoongi Min; a wave of panic went through my body but, to my luck, I heard her say Morgan Oaks. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "Chanyeol Park and Jennifer Khent..." I looked around to see who I was going to be sitting next to and saw a tall boy with reddish brown hair take a seat behind the one that Yoongi was in and slid into the chair next to him. I set my things out onto my desk, ignoring the being next to me and finally Ms. Bee finished. "Now, everyone greet your partner!"

I turned in my seat and looked up at him, and when I say up I mean like a foot, I hadn't realized how tall he was. I saw him smile slightly and then noticed that my mouth was hanging open. "Oh sorry, hi..." I said shyly.

"Hi." He said in a deep voice then smiled, and I was taken aback by it, I had never seen such perfect teeth before. He put out his hand and I took it. "I'm Chanyeol, nice to meet you."

I smiled back at him a little self-consciously, "I'm Jennifer, nice to meet you too." I said as Ms. Bee spoke.

"Alright, now that you know each other, you'll be sitting with them the whole year!" She said cheerfully; it was amazing how many times people complain in this class. "Oh come on, I wouldn't put you next someone who I thought would murder you or anything..."

I heard the girl in front of me whisper under her breath, "Yoongi just might..." I let out a small chuckle and mentally agreed with her.

"Okay," She shuffled over to her desk and returned with a stack of papers. "Take one and pass it back..." As she was handing out the sheets small conversations were breaking out and I felt left out once again.

"So, is it really true?" I turned to my right and saw Chanyeol looking at me curiously.

What?" I asked unsure of what he was talking about.

"You know, the things Ms. Bee said about you." He confirmed.

"Oh..." I started, "Yeah, I guess it's true..." I looked down a little embarrassed.

"That's awesome!" He said as he grabbed the papers from Yoongi, who looked slightly amused.

"Oh, thanks." I replied smiling as he handed me a sheet and passed it behind him.

Neither of us said anything for a couple of seconds and I couldn't help but wonder what Yoongi looked so amused about, but the thought left my mind as Ms. Bee finally began her lesson.

By the end of class I understood why so many people were dreading a normal period, though Ms. Bee seemed like a nice easy going teacher she was the total opposite. If she heard so much as a whisper she would stop what she was doing and screech, "Don't make me rip your vocal chords out!" The first time it happened I had a heart-attack, but by the end of class I strangely got used it.

I stood up, so did Chanyeol, I was so surprised by his height I stopped what I was doing and tried to calculate the difference between him and my 5'4 height. He once again caught me looking at him in awe and smiled down at me with those crazy white teeth. "I'm 6'1, if you were wondering." He said triumphantly.

I thought about it for a second and realized that six one really wasn't that tall, then scoffed. "I wouldn't be too proud..." I accidentally said.

"I wouldn't be talking Miss 5'3." He retorted jokingly as he headed for the door and before he left, turned around and smiled at me as he disappeared into the throng of students.

He was nice...I thought as I packed up my supplies and then looked around the room to find I was the only one left and quickly exited.

I had a little trouble finding my next class, instead of going to PE I was going to mixed chorus because today was a cycle two day. When I had finally found the classroom I saw that she didn't even begin her the class yet and was very relieved. The chorus room wasn't like other classrooms, there were no desks but only chairs in rows.

I didn't know where to sit because everyone, once again, was talking. "Jen!" I wiped around to see Taehyung and Jimin skipping towards me, a grin spread across my lips and I became excited.

"Hi!!" I said in a higher pitch and shakily from my happiness.

"I didn't know you could sing!" Jimin said as Taehyung seemed to become very interested in something behind me.

"Well, I guess I'm okay..." I replied pondering on what I sounded like in my head voice.

"It's Jolene..." Taehyung interrupted pointing to a girl talking to the chorus director. I filled with even more joy when I saw that it was my sister, I fast walked over to her.

"...just take a seat anywhere, you'll be fine dear," The teacher assured her as her eyes landed on me. "Are you also new honey?" She asked me amiably as Joe turned around and, when she saw me, instantly tackled me in a hug.

"Jen! I'm sooo happy you're here!" She pulled away after she realized were in school and multiple eyes were on us.

"Is this your friend?" The teacher asked her.

"I'm her older sister actually," I told her and she smiled.

"I'm glad to see you're so close. I look forward to getting to know you two."

"Thanks!" We said together and then I brought her over to were Taehyung and Jimin were.

"So, you both can sing, nice to know..." Jimin mumbled as the teacher started to call everyone to her attention. 

 

"You guys have the most amazing voices ever!" Taehyung praised us as we all made our way to the lunch room.

Joe was blushing like a mad man, "Thanks...." Was all she managed. She really thought he was that charming...noted...

"Us amazing? What about you two, huh? Jimin your high voice is like an angel, and Taehyung, those low notes killed me!" I said using hand gestures to emphasize my point.

Jimin smiled in triumph, "Please, please, leave the autographs for later ladies," He announced as someone came from behind and pushed him forward, causing him to stumble ans almost hit the wall. "Hey!"

It was Hoseok, "'Autographs for later ladies!'" He mocked wearing a disfigured smirk. "It'll be a dime per pen swoosh!He looked at Jimin, turned away, and scoffed, "Please, find your place!" We walked through the doors laughing at Jimin while he pretended not to know us and stalked towards the same table we had sat at yesterday.

I started to become slightly concerned, I didn't want Jimin to mad at me, he was my friend! I my heel and was about to go talk to him when someone grabbed my arm. "He's fine, don't worry about it, this is the normal routine." A deep voice assured me and I thought of Chanyeol but looked up and saw the other tower I knew, Namjoon, I didn't even know he was there. He was looking at me with a half grin showcasing his childish dimples and I titled my head up at him just because of the fact he somehow knew what I was thinking. "Your very readable," He concluded and gave me the other half of the smile, then walked over to the supposedly sulking Jimin. The corner of my lips turned up as I saw him flipping a pencil through his fingers.

"Jenny, let's get some fooood!" Hoseok tugged my elbow and pulled me away to stand in with others. 

"Okay," I said my eyes widening in disgust as I saw what was for lunch. "What are they trying to feed us?"

"Oooh! I love this meal!" Taehyung said happily jumping up and down, causing the surrounding eyes to shift over to us.

"Do you know what it is?" Joe inquired, truly wanting to know.

Taehyung grabbed a tray, "I have no idea..." He replied as he handed the old woman his tray and asking for all of it. I saw Joe cringe and then my eyes moved towards Hoseok; he was taking two trays. 

I caught eye contact with him, "You like it too?" I asked raising my eyebrows as I tried to cover up my smirk with my own tray.

He laughed and shook his head, "For Jimin..." He said and gave me a soft smile. I looked away from him as I realized that I was holding up the line and quickly asked for today's mystery meal.

We went back to the table and as I was approaching, realization hit me. I saw Yoongi talking to Namjoon and had to will myself to keep walking, I had totally forgot that I would have to sit with him. I sat down next to Hoseok, who was juggling two trays because Jimin refused to take it, and Joe who seemed to be talking to Taehyung.

"Come on, take it! I know you want it~" Hoseok cooed as he waved the food in front of Jimin. But my brain was too occupied to listen in on what happened next.

That bastard! That stupid, stupid BASTARD! He's so selfish and doesn't know how to say thank you! Look at him Jen, he's ignoring your existence! He's the one who made everything complicated! If he knew proper manners, that smile of his might even be hot! Wait, what?  I thought, confusing myself and becoming annoyed because of what had happened earlier. I stuffed my hands into my hair, then started to pull it slightly out of frustration and then, if I didn't already look crazy, began mumbling curses at Yoongi.  


"Jen, are you okay..." Jimin asked warily looking at me as if I were some sort of new organism.

I stopped instantly and coughed awkwardly into my hand, everyone now looking at me, "Yeah, I'm fine..." I scanned their confused faces and when saw Taehyung, started to relax. He was show casing a silly grin, causing me to do the same.

"Okay....Well anyway, I was talking to Jin yesterday and-" Jimin started.

"Jin!" I said gleefully.

"Isn't that the guy who brought you home yesterday?" Joe asked me.

"WHAT!?" I jumped towards Joe as Hoseok's booming voice entered my ears; he was so loud that the cafeteria went silent for a couple of seconds but then started to fill with noise again. I looked back to Hoseok, he was looking at me expecting a reply. "Why did you ask Jin to take you home? How did you even meet Jin? Why would Jin take you home?" He asked me.

"What—oh,oh. No, it was nothing like that," I sent Joe a pleading glance, and she was about to add something to help my case when a chuckle could be heard. My head shot straight up and I met eyes with Yoongi smirking, small bubbles of anger started to rush through me. "What's so funny?" I asked through clenched teeth. He just shook his head and averted his gaze around the vast lunch room. "Well?"

"Nothing," He let out another small laugh.

I became even more infuriated, I could feel my ears start to burn. "What?" I asked now clearly annoyed. I heard someone gasp as Yoongi replied.

"Oh, just that you seem to get around..." I narrowed my eyes at him and saw his expression become even more amused as he gestured to the one on the right of me. "Hoseok, Chanyeol, and now Jin." He counted them off on his fingers. "You've been here, what... a day?"

"Uh oh," Joe mumbled beside me.

I couldn't hold in my anger, I slammed my fist down on the table, creating a loud bang, and leaned forward across the table a little bit. "First of all,  you don't know me! You have no right to jump to conclusions! I'm not that type a girl!" I took in deep breath and stood up slightly, then continued a little louder. "Secondly, I wouldn't be blabbing about how other people act, because you're nothing to be proud of! You don't know simple manners! Were you ever to taught please and thank you?" I was standing fully now, "Thirdly! Don't go talking about things you know nothing of! You don't know! You don't know anything about me! So just PISS OFF!" I stared at him, vexed beyond compare. He just looked at me, barely shocked at all, but clearly annoyed.

It was then I realized how quiet it was. My blood froze, my heart seemed to have stopped, I felt like I was under the microscope me and Taehyung had used; every pair of eyes was on me. I didn't know what to do or how to make them talk again. But before I knew what I was doing, I found myself running through the halls in hopes of finding an empty classroom to cry in. I couldn't believe I had just done that, on my second day, in front of everyone! I was so stupid! I rounded a corner and stopped after I passed a familiar door. It was the same room I found Yoongi in after he left during lunch. I slowly opened the door, and to my joy, found that its lights were off and no one was in it. I walked in, my heart still pumping fast, and strolled over to a beanbag in a corner, that I hadn't noticed. I sank into its squishy material and let out a deep sigh. "You idiot! You just made friends for the first time ever and now, you've scared them away! The whole school knows about you now!" I thought of Jolene. "You've ruined it for Joe! Everyone'll think of her as crazy too! You idiot! You, stupid FOOL!" I screeched into my now wet hands that were covering face and smearing tears all over its surface. I thought of Yoongi and his smirk. I gasped and my head shot right up. "YOU LET HIM WIN!" How could I run out like that? Like a coward! Not only that , but I let him get to me, I let him push me over the edge. I started to stand up, "No, no! That's not gonna happen." I began walking back towards the door. "No," I checked the time and saw that I could make it back, and maybe even eat, I couldn't let Yoongi make me look like a fool. "No..."

I made my way back to the cafeteria and found that everyone seemed to be talking once again. I took a deep breath and made sure that I didn't look a mess before entering the room, the second I did everyone looked my way and began talking in hushed voices. But I didn't care, they could say anything about me and I wouldn't care. I ignored their whispers and continued to walk back to my table with my head held high. I sat down between Hoseok, whose expression I tried to ignore as well, and Joe, who just looked at me as though I was something she pitied. I picked up my fork and stabbed, rather forcefully, the mystery meat and stuffed it into my mouth. No one spoke, which made me nervous, but I pretended not to notice. I chanced a glance up everyone and saw instantly that Yoongi was no longer there, I stopped eating and tilted my head staring at the spot he had been.

"If you're wondering he went to look for you." I moved my eyes over to Namjoon to find him looking at me.

"What?" I muffled out incredulously, forgetting about the food in my mouth.

He smiled, "Well, not willingly, but he went," I looked at him as if he were crazy. Yoongi wouldn't look for me, not after that! Hell, I wouldn't look for him...I think. "I'm surprised you came back," He looked around at the others, "I don't know if I would have." I didn't know how to reply to that. He sighed looking down. "I have to say, I'm impressed, I never would have thought you'd burst out like that. And to Yoongi!" He let out a small chuckle, "He was speechless," A small smile spread across his features again.

"Wow..." I focused my eyes on the person next to me. Hoseok was smiling, but his mouth was also hanging open, "You. Are. So. Cool." He nodded his head up and up down after every word. I had a hard time understanding what was going on, they were impressed because I yelled in front of everyone and basically committed social suicide.

"I never saw anyone talk back to Yoongi before, pretty brave..." Jimin said to me with a thumbs up.

"I knew it!" Taehyung pumped his hand into the air and had a ridiculous grin across his face.

"Same here," Namjoon said also smiling. I exchanged glances with Jimin, Hoseok, and Joe.

"I thought-" Hoseok began but the sound of the bell rang through our ears we all stood up on instinct and started towards our next class.

As me and Namjoon walked to Calculus I asked him, "Shouldn't we tell Yoongi that I came back?"

He let out an evil laugh, causing me to take a step away from him, "Nahh, it'll be good for him." I didn't really know what he meant but shrugged it off and we continued down the hall in silence. 

 

The rest of the day I thinking about whether or not Yoongi went back to class or if he was looking for me, but after really thinking I realized how stupid of a thought that was. Of course he went back to class! But this didn't prevent me from thinking about him. I didn't understand it, and I hated myself for it; I didn't want Yoongi to be on my mind for any reason.

I had told Joe that I was going to try walking home, at first she protested but I convinced her to allow me to. But she made me promise to be back 3:00 or she would personally walk through the town to find me. I didn't want her to do that, so I agreed.

I took out my phone and earbuds as I exited the school, scrolling through my songs and picking one, putting it on repeat. I walked across the street and turned up the volume so I could hear nothing but Eminem's angry voice. I know what your thinking, Eminem? But come one, everyone knows he kicks . I danced on the sidewalk as I made my way down the road, making note of what street I was on to make sure I didn't get lost. After a few minutes I realized how heavy my backpack was and how much my shoulders were aching. I groaned but continued and decided to change the song. I was walking for about ten more minutes when it happened.

I was turning a corner mid-twirl and ended up hitting something hard, then I felt myself starting to fall backwards. "No,no,no!" I said groping thin air. I felt something soft and warm reach for my hands and hope spread through me, I wasn't going to fall! But the warm touch soon slipped away and I fell on my , it didn't really hurt though; by now my was made of steel (thanks to many tumbles prior to the current one). That didn't stop me from groaning in mild pain.

"Are you okay?!" Someone asked eagerly.

"I think so........" I sighed and attempted to hop up off the ground, but couldn't, "I can't get up though," I said cursing at my backpack, looking at it on my back. Why you make me fall? Loose weight don't you?!

"Let me help you," I looked up and almost dropped dead. What was before me was the cutest, most adorable, human being on this planet. He was smiling down at me with an outstretched hand. He had black hair, was in a school uniform, and had the most precious grin I'd seen in my entire existence.

I stared up at him, frozen. How are people like you allowed to live?  I asked myself as I slowly grabbed his soft, warm hand.

He pulled once, failed. Again he pulled, harder this time, he still couldn't take me off the ground. He gave me a nervous smile as he used two hands to attempt to haul me up. All the while I watched his cute little face, I could have died. He was finally able to draw me up. He let out a deep breath, puffing out his cheeks; I couldn't take it. He shifted awkwardly on his feet, "Sorry that took so long, you must have a lot of binders in there, huh?" I only nodded in a daze, captured by his childish features. He tilted his head and looked at me confused, "Are you okay?" he asked me.

"What—oh, yeah! Yeah, I'm fine," I gave him a smile, "Thank you!" I said cheerfully. I then realized I no longer had music blasting in my ears, I looked around on the ground and found my phone in the grass. I had a panic-attack, I reached for it frantically and sighed in relief, "It's not broken! Thank the Lord!" I turned back around and saw him smiling at me, I couldn't hold it in. "You are simply the cutest thing!" I didn't mean to say what I did, he must have been at least in eighth or ninth grade, at that age, apparently, they don't like being called 'cute'. "Sorry," I said quickly.

He only laughed, killing me further, "Don't worry about it, you're not the first, I guess," I was glad to hear that I wasn't the only one affected by his cuteness.

"Well, I think I'll be on my way...thanks again," I said waving and walking backwards away from him. He waved back, I turned around and started to think about how much longer it was going to be until I got home. I put my earbuds back into my ears and started to dance as I strolled down the road. "Love the way you lie~" I sang...
 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, sorry it took so long....
Hope that I made you smile or make you want to read more! Hope you liked it! Well anyway.....
-Flora►