Safe Haven

Not Over You

#6: ·   “oh hi, totally didn’t expect to see you here at this one hole in the wall coffee shop literally no one in the entire world besides you knows about. what a coincidence.” AU

 

 

 

______________________________________________

 

 

 

Eric was nervously sitting at a table in the corner of a tiny coffee shop, hidden from literally the whole country in an alleyway, far from the main road or from anything known.

It was pretty much nameless, no one knew there was such a thing as a coffee shop serving the most delicious brews ever at such a deserted place.
 

He used to come here a lot before, however, after some time this was his very first time stepping through the much familiar doorway and receiving the very heartfelt greeting, ‘welcome’.

He asked for the same thing as always and sat down to the place which he usually took in the past then as always, his very first thought was how in the hell was the owner able to keep up this place when he did business at such an unpopular place.

There weren’t any customers or not much and Eric always came to the same conclusion: probably the frequenters made it possible for this shop to still exist.

Because there were frequenters, Eric saw familiar faces, and he was not surprised – the coffee was really good there and so was tea and other drinks the shop offered.
 

It’s not the coffee for which he came that day though and he felt slightly ashamed.

‘Just like a stalker’, he thought to himself and he sipped into the coffee.
 

His reason of appearing after a long time was to… meet his ex-boyfriend.

Yes, he knew he was pretty pitiful especially his way of trying to see him – this coffee shop was his most favourite one and he was literally the only person whom knew about it among all the people they had known.

They always came here alone after they had gotten to know each other (it was Hyesung whom recommended it considering he had been a frequenters there even before), they always had their dates here and this coffee shop was the one where Eric asked him out and where in the end they broke up.

It was their place, his place, Hyesung’s hideout and safe haven.
 

And that’s why Eric was there – there is just no way Hyesung would have given up on going to this place which was his only way of getting away from the world and his problems.

Until now, though, Eric had no luck at all. He had been coming to this place for a week now but Hyesung never once showed up.

He was at the end of his patience, he thought it might be fate playing its tricks again and in the end he was not destined to meet Hyesung let alone maybe having something with him again.

And he was too much of a coward to call him. Also, he was not sure if he still used that number – it’s been two years since their break-up after all.

‘And even after such a long time I still love him and stalk him’, Eric sighed as he emptied his mug and asked for another one.
 

‘If he doesn’t come today, either, then I give up’, he said to himself and even though he had been thinking this from the very first day… he felt that he really will do so this time.

‘I’ll try to move on. Again.’, though he had been trying to do it for two years now.
 

“I’m a real idiot…” He mumbled to himself then jumped a bit as he heard a voice calling out to him.
 

“Eric-ah?”
 

As Eric turned around there was Him. Shin Hyesung in live.

His heart skipped a beat as he took a good look at him – he was just the same as two years ago, just as beautiful, just as slim and as his eyes looked right at him it made his heart flutter… just as before.
 

“Hyesung?” Eric stuttered after a few moments as he stood up so he could face him properly, “What a coincidence…”
 

He almost laughed at himself, ‘coincidence my ’.
 

“It really is.” Hyesung nodded still with widened eyes, “It’s been a while.”
 

“Yeah, it really has been a while.” Eric smiled, “How have you been?”
 

“Fine, I guess?” He chuckled as he shifted his gaze for a moment, “Do you come here often?”
 

Eric had no idea what to say, he couldn’t just tell he was there so he could meet Hyesung, could he?
So in the end he just shrugged and replied, “Once in a while. I had something to do around here so I’ve thought I might as well drop in.”
 

“I see.” Hyesung smiled at him and Eric’s heart skipped a beat – that smile that made him fall in love with him… “Have you been well?”
 

“I guess?” Eric said and he enjoyed making Hyesung laugh with copying his previous answer, “So you still come here?”
 

He nodded, “I love this place, you know.”
 

“Yes.” Eric gazed into his eyes as if he wanted to tell him telepathically all the feelings he kept in his heart since their break up, “I know very well.”
 

Hyesung did not say anything for a while but stared right at Eric as if he was unable to turn away. His cheeks turned red and Eric couldn’t not notice how flustered he became.

Maybe his feelings went through? Maybe Hyesung understood?

Eric’s chest turned tight and he stepped forward with the decision of just telling everything, however, Hyesung’s next movement stopped him before he could have done anything stupid.
 

Hyesung stepped back, pursed his lips that were slightly parted till now and shifted his gaze, avoiding looking at Eric.

In a moment… Hyesung suddenly closed himself before Eric, he knew very well this, he felt it, after all the exact same thing happened before they parted their ways.

Hyesung closed his heart in a moment, before Eric could have done or said anything.

A complete rejection without words.

He said on a low tone, “I need to go now, I actually came here with someone.” He looked back and Eric wished he was not eye-ing a girl staring right at them, but it was a false hope, “My girlfriend.”
 

Eric felt a sharp pain cutting into his heart but then again he just wanted to slap himself. What exactly was he thinking? It’s been two years after all… in the end it was only him still longing after Hyesung all this time.
 

“Ah…it’s okay.” Eric forced on a smile as he stepped back as well, “I need to go anyway.”
 

”Don’t you…” Hyesung cleared his throat, “Don’t you want to sit with us or something? It’s been so long after all…”
 

Eric chuckled and not really trying to hide his pain he replied, “How could I do that, Hyesung?” He sighed, “We… it’s not like we were simple friend so I can just chat with your girlfriend…” Then he took a few steps, stopped next to Hyesung and patted his shoulder, the one which he loved to kiss so much… “I’m happy I could see you. Goodbye.”
 

He then left the coffee shop and let the pain fill his heart.

He was not really hurt over Hyesung having someone by his side, honestly, he was happy for him. It’s not like he wanted him to spend his life all alone and suffer over their break-up. Two years is a long time, he couldn’t except Hyesung to wait they might have a change of heart and get back together.

He was actually relieved Hyesung was not in pain but moved on with his life.
 

Eric was still hurt, his heart was in so much pain he thought it will rip apart.

He knew why, he was in fact very well aware of it.

It’s not (only) because he still loved Hyesung to death and missed him, not because he moved on with his life and now was giving his heart to someone else…

The reason of his pain was the place itself, the coffee shop.
 

He just could not believe Hyesung would bring someone else there…

To their very special place, their safe haven.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

YAY
It's Sunday and sooo it's time for another update, yass.
Well, we have an Eric POV here and an Eric heartbreak as well. Because there were a lot of Hyesung POV stories, we will have a few Eric onces for now. Depends on the prom, really.
Anyway, I hope you liked it, hope you had nice heartbreaks~ tho it doesn't really feel good to me, I mean... I don't know, I somehow don't like this one, the way I wrote it or anything. I don't know. I did a crappy job here if you ask me.

ANYWAY
Thank you for always reading and supporting me~

See you next time~

P.S.: Pray for me to pull myself together this week because if I do, something might happen that you guys would love xD