Family

Not Over You

#12: ·   “well this is really awkward considering the last time we saw each other, i was screaming at you to never talk to me again, but like, my dog recognized you all the way across the park and literally dragged me over here because she misses you so hi” AU

 

 

 

_____________________________

 

 

 

Many thoughts were running through Eric’s head the moment when he was running after Gomdori in the middle of this park where he usually took him out for a walk, but the most important one was how he regretted taking him out in the first place.

It was a hassle to catch up to this little dog and he was terrified he might run out of the park, to the main street and gets hit by a car.

Or he was going to disappear and become a stray dog. Or someone will take him.

All in all, he had already thought through the worst case scenarios of this issue and this gave him even more power to continue running after this small, but quite quick dog.
 

He was shocked though. Just as he was after Gomdori, he saw him running up to someone, someone with a slim figure that reminded him of the person he preferred not remember.

He ran to him, jumped to his feet and there came the shock: the person turned around and with a surprised, bright smile he lifted Gomdori.
 

It was him. The person whom he preferred not remembering. Not because he disliked him, oh no, he loved him quite very much. The problem was this love was painful, together with the memories that were tied to it.

Their break-up was anything but nice and he was quite embarrassed over it to this day – he did not dare to look for him even though he wished they could be together again. It was just… hard to do so after how they parted.

He was simply ashamed.
 

Eric did not really want to walk up to Hyesung to take Gomdori. He loved his dog to death, but seeing him in Hyesung’s arms, the man’s face whom just laughed, he was pretty jealous of him because he was sure if he appeared, that smile of Hyesung’s will disappear in an instant.

And anyway, he was pretty much pissed of Gomdori putting him in a situation like this.
 

On the other hand though, he was amazed.

Did Gomdori just sniff Hyesung out from the other side of the park? That’s pretty impressive.
 

Anyway, just as he had predicted, as soon as Hyesung noticed Eric – thanks to Gomdori again -, that bright smile had disappeared from his face and instead the light of worry had lit up in his eyes.
 

Eric sighed and walked up to them, “I’m sorry Hyesung, Gomdori ran way, I think he saw you or something –“
 

“It’s been a while, Eric-ah.” He interrupted him on a tone as if he wanted to say ‘you should greet me first you bastard’, still babying Gomdori whom seemed to be having the best day of his life.
 

“It really has been…” He mumbled embarrassed, “Never would have guessed I would run into you here…”
 

He shook his head, smiled kindly and Eric felt he was dying a bit inside, “Me neither. Are you out for a walk?”
 

“Yes, though” He glared at the dog, “more like a run.” Hyesung chuckled and Eric felt his insides trembling. It was hard to act this way – like old acquaintances meeting after a long time. “And you?” He bit his lip and added with fear, “On a date?”
 

For a few moments Hyesung was only gazing at Eric as if he wanted to read him, then with a sigh he replied, “No way, I just felt like eating icecream. Then Gomdori appeared.”
 

”He must have seen or smelled you that’s why…” Eric rubbed his nape, “He must be missing you.”
 

Hyesung again, forgot his eyes on Eric before he shifted his gaze onto Gomdori, held his paw and mumbled to him as if he was talking to a baby, “Did you miss me? Really? Aw, I miss you as well~” He then added on an annoyed tone, “We can’t help it, your papa is an idiot~”
 

“Yah…”
 

“Why?” Hyesung turned to him, holding Gomdori close to his chest, “Isn’t it true?”
 

Eric could only rub his neck, mumbling, “This is awkward…”
 

“Well, no wonder?” Hyesung lifted Gomdori in the air and pursing his lips into a kiss towards him, on a sarcastic tone he repeated Eric’s words from the time they broke up, “I can’t stand you, I don’t want to see you again!
 

Eric sighed, “I made a mistake, okay?”
 

“Not really.”
 

“Hyesung…”
 

“Not okay, but” Hyesung shrugged and looking at Eric again he put on a cheesy smile, “buy me an icecream and we can talk about it.” He pressed Gomdori against his chest again, gently his head, “It doesn’t look like Gomdori would let me go anytime soon to begin with.”
 

“What the hell…” Eric grumbled as he followed Hyesung to the icecream stand, “Who is more important, me or Gomdori…”
 

Hyesung took a 180 degrees turn and on a surprised tone he answered, “Isn’t it obvious?” Hyesung winked at him, “Gomdori, of course.”
 

He then turned away and continued his way towards the icecream stand with almost dancing steps, spoiling Gomdori whom seemed to be having a great time and all Eric could do was letting out a laughter.

It was almost like the role of a husband and father…

They were a family like this.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

A/N:

FINALLY DONE
Can't believe I've finally wrapped this up as well. I feel accomplished lol
This last chapter is very simple, tried to keep angst out as much as possible and instead let my 'voice' take a comical, jaunty tone.  I did not really want to have tons of hassle with this and you might feel I was like 'let's finish this asap' lol
Still, I hope you liked it.

After this...
Dunno haha
I have a mini-series (like 10MWL) in works that would take over the Sunday timeslot this one had (before I went hiatus lol) but don't really want to upload it till I have X amount of chapters.
Spoiler though: angst. x) it's au and non-au atst as well. Hyesung trying to win over Eric's heart. I won't tell anything more x)

Please support Crazy Little Things Called Love. I'll also start to work on H&G as well for March release.

see you next time