Pretence game

Not Over You

#10:  “so like, i know we broke up and stuff but funny story, i haven’t told my family yet and they just assumed you’d be coming with me for [insert family celebration] and i really don’t know how to tell them and i know this is really selfish but i can’t break my great grandma’s heart like that, she’ll probably have a heart attack and– wait what? you’d do that for me? holy , i love you… wait–” AU

 

 

 

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

Eric knew he was doing maybe the most idiotic thing he could do. He was aware his actions probably won’t be welcomed let alone his request.

Eric could understand it way too much, he had no idea what he would have felt if it was the other way around, but probably he would not be able to say, ‘okay sure thing, leave it to me’.
 

He had no idea how to come up with this super outrageous idea of his, it already took him way too much courage to actually call his ex-boyfriend and plead for a meeting. Because the person sitting in front of him in this quite public café, was his ex whom broke up with him about a month ago and whom, mind you, did not look quite pleased to see Eric.
 

“So” Hyesung said putting down his cup after taking a sip from his coffee, trying to handle that weird, awkward atmosphere that had fallen onto them the moment they met up about half an hour ago, “why exactly did you call me?”
 

Eric felt he was doomed. Looking at Hyesung he was clearly aware how he was in a bad mood and the cause definitely was Eric himself and his call out of the blue. Or so that’s what he thought but then he remembered he just came back from abroad, he must have been tired.

Which is actually worse than him being annoyed with Eric.
 

Anyway, Eric called Hyesung about a week ago to ask for a meeting and honestly, it was not the most heart-warming conversation he had ever had.

It went by the following way:

‘I have no time for it, Eric, I’m busy, you know it well, that’s why we broke up in the first place…’

‘I know, I know, but still…’

‘I can’t make it, really, I’m on a conference, don’t know when I’ll arrive home.’

‘Hyesung, really, this is a life and death…’

‘It can be the end of the world, but I still would not have any idea –‘

‘Hyesung, seriously, please, I’m begging you. Just one meeting.’

‘But why? What happened…’

‘Let’s talk about that personally.’

‘I don’t know, really I –‘

‘I will wait.’

‘It could take hours…’

‘It doesn’t matter, I’ll wait.’

That moment he sighed and said on a softer tone, ‘Sure, whatever, you won’t leave me alone anyway. Let’s meet at XX Café at 1 pm, but I won’t say for sure I’ll arrive there at that time…’

‘It’s okay, I’ll wait.’

‘It better be something important or else…’

And he hang up and Eric could literally see before himself how he made a note about their meeting in his calendar, like any busy person would do.
 

In the end, Hyesung appeared in the café being late by an hour and rumbling ‘told you I might be late’ while ordering his coffee, even though Eric did not say anything. Not only because he did not dare, because he was already more than grateful Hyesung could make it – he was a busy person, a doctor, unlike Eric, whom was just a freelancer businessman -, but because he was honestly overwhelmed by not only Hyesung’s serious, work-appearance but  by the fact he haven’t seen him since they broke up a month ago.

Which they did, by the way, under the title of ‘I’m busy and you always whine about it, so it’s better to go on our separate ways’.
 

Hyesung sighed, disturbing Eric’s internal monologue and reminiscences and said, glaring at him, “I hope you did not call me here to just sit there quietly and waste my time…”
 

“No, of course not, it’s just…” Eric rubbed his nape, he had already forgotten how hard of a case Shin Hyesung actually was. Not like he hated this side of his. Hyesung might have been cold, strict and overly-serious sometimes, but he also had his sweet side whenever he blushed or told his feelings quietly mumbling, being extremely embarrassed. He loved Hyesung this way.
 

“Then?” He lifted his eyebrows, then sighed again taking off his glasses – because he wore glasses and mind you, Eric was mad for this ‘work appearance’ of his – and massaging his temples he added on a softer tone, “You said it was a life and death case.”
 

“Well…”
 

“Eric, stop stuttering, just say it.”
 

Hyesung clearly looked tired, no wonder, he had just arrived home from a conference… where was he again? Ah right, China. It must have been tiring and Eric knew it well: tired Hyesung meant grumpy Hyesung.
 

“It’s a bit embarrassing to be honest…” He laughed trying to ease his nervousness then seeing how Hyesung did not smile at all he continued, “You know, the thing is that…”
 

Now or never, he thought, but he certainly did not have the courage.

Even he felt it was just too much to ask from his ex-boyfriend no matter how they have been together since university…
 

He took a deep breath and said it finally, not pausing, as quick as possible, “You see, my grandparents are having their anniversary next weekend and you know how much they loved you, aha, but yeah here is a problem, we broke up a month ago, right, but guess what, I still did not have the guts to tell them and a week ago when I was over their place my grandma said, ‘oh Eric-ah, Hyesung can make it, right? It’s been a while since I’ve last seen him, I want to see him’ and you know, if it was you, then you would have definitely told him we are over, but, but, but I did not dare to, oh god, it would have killed my grandma, she would have gotten a legit heart attack right on the spot, so I just told her yeah and since then she had been bothering me with definitely taking you to their anniversary dinner and I kinda said you definitely will be there and I know it’s a huge and selfish request but could you just come and pretend we are okay and still together and happy… please?”
 

Hyesung was silent for a long while and not being glared or cursed at, this silence was worse than anything that could happen to him.

Eric was panicking and the moment Hyesung called his name words just started to flow out of his mouth.
 

“I know, I know it well it’s a terrible thing, trust me I would not do it if it was not a must and –“
 

“Listen…”
 

“I bet you are furious and disgusted, I don’t blame you but Hyesung, I’m begging you here…”
 

“Can you just listen for a moment…”
 

“Let’s save my grandma’s heart then I won’t bother you ever again, I swear…”
 

“I’m trying to tell you, alright, I’m in, but you are not listening at all…”
 

“I’m sure she will be happy and – what?” Eric’s eyes widened as he finally heared Hyesung’s words, “What?!”
 

Hyesung sighed, leaning his head onto his palm as he put his elbow on the table, resting the other one on it as well and Eric couldn’t not notice that faint, tired smile appearing on his face, “I’m telling you, it’s alright, I’m in.”
 

Eric’s eyes got even wider, “Seriously? You would do that for me?!” Hyesung nodded smiling and his eyes were kinder than ever, “Wow, Shin Hyesung you… wah… you are amazing, really, you are saving my entire family…”
 

Hyesung laughed, “You are going overboard, Eric-ah, it’s really nothing…”
 

“No, it is something!” Eric leant forward and grabbed Hyesung hand unconsciously, “You are amazing, doing this for me… I love you, really, I-“ He suddenly fell silent as he realized what he had said, as his heart skipped a beat from his own feelings together with Hyesung’s whole expression turning red, “I…”
 

Eric suddenly just collapsed onto the table from his overflowing love and he knew, he was sure it was not only Hyesung whose face was bright red that moment.

There is nothing to do, he still loved Hyesung after all and he was sure Hyesung felt the same way. They did not break up because they fell out of love to begin with.
 

Still lying on the table, still holding Hyesung’s hand he just mumbled in the end, “Let’s just get back together for real.”
 

“Yeah.” He heard Hyesung voice and as he looked up he saw how much he was blushing and how his eyes were gleaming, not being able face Eric, but instead looking out of the window, “That would be easier.”
 

“Yeah.”
 

“Less complicated.”
 

“Yeah. No lying.”
 

“I’ll make time for that weekend.”
 

“Sure. Thank you.”
 

“And…” He turned away even more, sliding his hand to his mouth only to be able to mumble, still, Eric could hear him more than well, “Maybe you can move back afterwards…”
 

Ah, Eric thought, there it is, his cute side…
 

“Agreed.” Eric said smiling, tightening his grip around Hyesung’s hand.
 

 

They did not stay for long. They both drank their coffees then bid their farewell, considering Hyesung had to go back to the hospital even though he definitely was dead tired.
 

Eric waved him laughing, while Hyesung embarrassed told him to cut it out, still, his blushing face and that small smile playing in the corner of his mouth gave him away, it told Eric how happy he actually was.
 

As for Eric, he was the same. He was glad he mustered up some courage and called Hyesung with those intentions of his, after all, even though he arrived to the café shop with different intentions, in the end he got back together with him.

Which was, anyway, a better solution than his first option, his first plan.
 

He was relieved he did not have to play such a pretence game…

After all, Shin Hyesung was a bad actor.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

So, because these stories aren't built much on abckground story, but I just shove facts into your faces... here is a short abckground introduction for this chapter:
Eric, businesman, freelancer actually, quite free spirited.
Hyesung, doctor, serious, strict, cold but with actually a sweet cinnamon roll.
Pfftss xD
The two broke up due to problems with their times sacrificed for each other.
Though I guess more or less I managed to make these infos appear in the story.

Hope you liked it. Back from hiatus and we don't have much chapters left anymore~ Actually, there are 2 chapters left.
Both happy ending ones, mind you.

Other infos:
New series was thrown in which is a huge mistake because... well, you know me.
Either way, please support it~
Crazy Little Things Called Love

That's it

see you next time