Why did you call?

Not Over You

#2:¨i still have your phone number memorized even though i haven’t called you since we split and somehow i remembered it even though i’ve had like six shots of bourbon and hey, i know you’re pissed that you’re here at this dingy club at 3 in the morning to pick my drunk up, but you have to admit that’s pretty impressive¨ AU

 

________________________________________

 

 

Hyesung was pretty much wasted.

He already had a bottle of soju, three glasses of beer and if this was not really enough he still thought he can handle another glass from the very same beer.

However, it did not seem like the barista wanted to serve him, instead he encouraged him he should stop drinking and go home. He even asked if he should call a taxi for him but Hyesung only waved and said:
 

“I live about five minutes away…There is no need.”
 

The barista did not say anything more but sighed, shaking his head and gave Hyesung another beer.

He was happy and drank half of it in one shot.

He knew he was drunk. He was dizzy and saw two of everything and the whole world was moving. He also felt slightly nauseous.
 

It was hard to remember why he even drank but somehow there was a series of numbers echoing in his head. Numbers he always remembered and he was surprised even in such a drunk state he knew them perfectly.

From a weird idea, and he also blamed his drunkenness and anyway his long hidden, torturing desires, he took his phone out and called those numbers…


 

Hyesung woke up to the tapping on his shoulder.

He straightened up and groaned. For a moment he had no idea where he was, he could only process his head was hurting and he still felt dizzy.

He looked around and seeing his surroundings made him only remember his drinking session – he was still in the bar and was sleeping, collapsed onto the counter.
 

“Sir, are you okay?” The barista asked then added, “We are going to close, it’s 3 am. Your is here as well.”
 

“?” Hyesung mumbled confused then he looked around once again when he saw this one guy standing behind him. Squinting he stared at him and only then he saw that familiar face wearing a rather annoyed expression, “Woah.” He blinked a few more just to make sure he saw well and added, “Well, I’ll be damned if it isn’t Eric Mun…”
 

“It’s been a while, Shin Hyesung.”
 

“That’s for sure. It really had been a while.” Hyesung stretched his arms and tried to ignore his headache, “What are you…”
 

“… doing here?” Eric sighed, he looked tired and sleepy, “You called me, don’t you remember?” For a moment Hyesung had a really slight memory of calling him and saying ‘Eric-ah, help me, I can’t go home’, he was embarrassed, “It was two in the morning and I was sleeping quite well when I got your call asking me to pick you up because you are dead drunk. You got some nerve after all this time…” He grumbled, “So I had to get up from my comfortable bed and come here from literally the other side of the city.”
 

Hyesung only stared at him for a few moments and it was hard to ignore his fluttering heart, “Wow. That’s pretty impressive. You coming here. From over there. To save me.”
 

Eric shook his head, he did not seem like he was in the mood of joking. Not like Hyesung was joking, he certainly was impressed.

It’s your fault though, he added mentally as he remembered why exactly he was drinking, me being in this state.
 

“Let’s take you home.” Eric sighed as he reached out for Hyesung’s arm but he pulled away.
 

“It’s okay, I only live five minutes from here…”
 

While he should have been happy for Eric being there, and he certainly was, somehow he could not ignore his aching heart completely. And the thought of Eric touching him… he felt like dying.
 

Eric glared at him annoyed, “You called me because you needed me. Now let me take you home and then we can go back being strangers.”
 

Hyesung was hurt by those words…. Did he really need to speak this way? After so much time they finally saw each other… did he really need to speak this way?
 

“If you feel that way you can just…”
 

“Just shut up and come.”
 

He grabbed his arm and pulled him up from the barchair, wrapped his hand around his waist so he could support him.

Hyesung was shivering. It’s already been a year since they have been this close… And he realized only now how much he missed it, him.
 

“Why did you drink so much…”Eric asked groaning.
 

“Because it’s a year today…” He took a deep breath, feeling his nausea getting worse, “…our breakup.”
 

Eric did not reply and Hyesung wanted to slap his own blabbing mouth, however, his nausea got stronger and the next moment he was in an alley way, giving out the content of his stomach, only hearing Eric’s annoyed hissing, ‘oh my god’.
 

This way, that five minutes till home turned into twenty…
 

 

Eric lit up all the lights in Hyesung’s apartment after they entered, then he dragged Hyesung to the sofa and threw him down. Then he went to the kitchen, Hyesung heard him clinking the glasses, then the sound of water flowing and a few moments later Eric was next to him, handing over a glass of water.
 

“You should drink this. Slowly.”
 

Hyesung sat up, took it and did as Eric said, “Thanks.”
 

Eric did not say anything but only shook his head sighing and took a seat in the armchair near. For a while he was silent but even without looking at him Hyesung knew he was staring at him. He was probably thinking why exactly was he there.
 

Not hard though. They broke up a year ago but even now Hyesung could not get over him. Since then Hyesung managed to grow drinking habits, spending almost every evening at that certain bar from where he was dragged home just now.

He never got this drunk though, however, the previous night was special – it was the one year anniversary of their separating and Hyesung was in so much pain he could not control himself.

It was easy as that but how could he tell him all of this…

Not like Hyesung wanted to break up. It was Eric whom wanted to – he had enough of Hyesung’s jealousy tantrums and in the end he said before walking out on him and out of his life, ‘if you can’t trust me then it’s better if we stopped seeing each other’.

For a while, Hyesung’s pride did not let him to look for Eric, he was also pretty sure he will eventually come back to him. However, the more time passed his pride soon turned into anger and sadness, he was unable to believe Eric could just leave him this easy.

And like this, a year passed without any of them looking for the other or trying to talk things out.
 

Now, however, Eric appeared once more. Only with a phone call. Hyesung only needed to call him and he appeared like a knight in shining armour.

Hyesung had to admit he quite liked this twist in his night, he liked the scene of the man sitting on the armchair and when their eyes met Hyesung’s heart fluttered – just like in the old times.
 

Eric did not look as pleased though, he looked rather annoyed, grumpy.

He is sleepy, Hyesung smiled to himself… he knew Eric well. And no wonder he was, actually he managed to kick him out of the bed in the middle of the night.

But that’s not just it. He did not really look happy to see him, he was not as delighted as Hyesung.

Why are you angry?, Hyesung thought, It was you walking out on me just like that.
 

“Are you feeling better now?” He asked suddenly and Hyesung shivered from his voice. He always loved listening to him…
 

He nodded, “Yeah, much better now. Thank you. And sorry.”
 

Silence again. While Hyesung was happy he was with Eric in the apartment again… he still felt uncomfortable over this wordlessness.
 

“Hyesung-ah…” Eric rubbed his face and stayed like that before continuing, “What’s this whole thing?”
 

Hyesung took another sip from the water before saying, “Well, I got drunk, vomited all the way here…”
 

“No, Hyesung.” He lifted his head and wore a tortured expression making Hyesung’s heart ache, “I mean… Why did you call me?”
 

“I just remembered your number…” He shrugged and shifted his gaze embarrassed, “Do not look for any logical reason in the act of a drunken guy…”
 

“Hyesung…” Eric stared right into his eyes, that seriousness sent down shivers on his back, “What am I doing here?”
 

Hyesung put the glass down onto the table before the sofa then leant forward, leaning his head onto his hand, “Well, what are you doing here?”
 

Eric was only eye-ing him for a while then he leant back and mumbled, “I came because you called. You sounded terrible.”
 

“So you jumped and came immediately after your ex called?” Hyesung teased, “Want to know why I called?” Hyesung stood up, he could not sit though he was still dizzy, “Because for some annoying reason I can’t get your number out of my head, even after a year of you leaving me. Because even if I was woken up in the middle of the night and was asked, I could still say it perfectly. Which is actually just as amazing as you appearing out of nowhere for my calling.
Because that number makes me feel like I’m still connected to you somehow. Because I still love you to death even though you hurt me deeply from disappearing from my life and…” Hyesung quieted down, then stared right into Eric’s eyes and asked, “So my question is: why are you here? Why did you come? If you hated me so much to the point of breaking things off and never looking for me again… why did you come with just one call? In the middle of the night? From the other side of the city?”
 

Eric did not look like he wanted to say anything, he just shifted his gaze, watching his fingers and Hyesung turned frustrated. What was he really excepting…
 

“You know what? Just leave.” Hyesung gestured towards the door, “You are good in that. And I’m tired. And my head feels like it’s going to explode. I’m sure you are sleepy as well.” He sighed, “So just go. Let’s not see each other anymore.”
 

Hyesung turned around and wanted to head to the bathroom but Eric’s words stopped him, “Because I was glad.” Hyesung immediately turned back, almost gaping, “When I saw the caller’s name… I never deleted your number… I was happy you called. Because I missed you.”
 

Hyesung walked closer, shocked, “Then why did you never… why did you never come back? I was waiting, this whole year I was waiting for you to come back…”
 

Eric smiled, rubbing his nape, “For the exact same reason why you never tried to contact me.”
 

“Until tonight.”
 

Eric nodded, “Until tonight.”
 

They were silent for a few moments before Hyesung just laughed over this whole ridiculous situation, “Seriously? I only needed one phone call to have you back here?!” His smile disappeared and instead fear took over its place, “Do I have you back?”
 

“Do you want to?” Eric stood up as well and walked up to Hyesung, “However, there are things we need to talk over…”
 

Hyesung shook his head, “I don’t care as long as you are here again.” He touched his arm, slowly slid his fingers down to Eric’s hand and entwined them, “Just don’t leave me again.”
 

“I won’t.” Eric lifted his hand to Hyesung’s cheeks, gently rubbed it with his thumb and after staring into his eyes for long moments that would bring a kiss with itself he said, “I’m not kissing that mouth of yours. Go wash it first.”
 

Hyesung only scoffed and shrugged, “Your loss.”
 

He let go of Eric, turned around and left for the bathroom with such a peace of mine it’s been so long he last felt.

Eric was back in his life, in his home…

And this time, he won’t let him wander off anywhere else…

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

So this time I've decided on a happy end~

Honestly I don't feel that this is a great chapter despite the great prompt and I feel like a failure lol
Makes me annoyed. And the ending isn't good either. Annoying.

OH WELL

Hope Christmas going well for you guys~

Stay well

See you next time