Sweatshirt

Not Over You

#4: “yes, i know this is your sweatshirt and that we broke up five months ago but it’s really comfy okay. i totally don’t wear it because like it still smells like you or is the only thing that even remotely feels like home since i moved out. pfft. absolutely not.” AU

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

 

There is a disadvantage to dating someone from the same friend circle and Hyesung certainly did feel it that moment, when he was sitting in the pub, staring a hole into his beer while he tried to ignore the person sitting right across him.

His ex-boyfriend, whom he had broken up with five months ago.
 

It was pretty much of a fresh wound and it did not help Eric and him managed to meet up frequently thanks to this circle – they shared their friends, considering they had always been in this very same ‘band’ since high school until now, university time.

They started dating at the end of high school and they were together until their second year of university… more specifically, until five months ago.

Then… they just ended up separating. Hyesung did not even remember about the reason anymore or at least he was sure it was actually not a quite great reason.

‘We grew distant, we aren’t the same anymore. It’s a torture for both of us if we stayed together this way.’

He was not sure.

He only knew he was in a terrible pain and seeing Eric’s face literally every day did not make things easier.
 

It made things pretty hard.

Hyesung, after all, wanted to forget about Eric if they broken up. They did. So he should have just moved on and find new love and even if not love, just find his life calling or something as cliché. Anything. He did not really care, he just wanted to stop his life revolving around Eric.

But then again, he saw him, interacted with Eric literally every day and so, his huge plans mentioned above… defunct.
 

That’s how he ended up keeping all the things related to Eric even if they basically carved his heart out once he laid his eyes on any of those things.

And that’s how he ended up wearing Eric’s sweatshirt as well, which he left at his place some time ago and Hyesung was too much emotionally attached to it to give it back during the break up.

It still had Eric’s scent and just inhaling that sweet smell during nights, when crying was choking his throat, made him feel slightly better, less lonely, less miserable.
 

He made a mistake that night however.

Invitation for going out – and no option of refusing to go – came so suddenly, Hyesung ended up going out wearing that very sweater.

He did not have time to change – his friends (together with a very much uncomfortable Eric) just appeared in the doorway of his apartment and basically dragged him out. That’s how he ended up in that pub, sipping on his beer for two hours now.
 

Everyone had a great time, except for Hyesung. He was quiet and as he looked at Eric from time to time he figured he was at least the same uncomfortable as him.

However, their eyes met and Hyesung felt his stomach cramping. He immediately turned his gaze away despite the fact he/them promised himself/themselves they are going to act perfectly normal – aka go back being friends.

Which is actually pretty impossible and Hyesung honestly wanted to give a piece of his mind to that person whom first started this ‘let’s stay friends’ thing.

Once you’ve seen someone , once you’ve rolled around on the bed with that body… it was simply impossible to see them as a friend again instead of that pleasant warmness that used to wrap you up in whole.

Hyesung could not see Eric as a friend, he was still attracted to him romantically, he still loved him and so, spending the night together like this was a torture. Having eye-contact with him was a pain. Feeling his gaze at himself… was unbearable.
 

Hyesung put his now empty glass down, stood up and excused himself to the restroom.

He did not really have the need to go, he just wanted to get out from under Eric’s piercing gaze, he even played with the thought of just leaving without telling anyone.
 

He thought he might as well have a smoke to calm down before he went back.

That was his plan. However a few minutes later he heard steps from behind and when he turned around he faced the person from whom he tried to escape just now.
 

“What are you…” Hyesung asked then he cleared his throat, “Restroom as well?”
 

He shook his head, “You don’t look well so I was worried.”
 

Hyesung felt like melting on the spot… Eric was worried about him. How sweet.
 

“It’s okay, I’m good.”
 

“Are you sure?” He stepped closer, “I guess the guys were a bit abrupt with their invitation… they did the same with me as well.”
 

“Yeah, I guess so.” Hyesung chuckled and shifted his gaze, he honestly could not keep eye contact with him. Let alone having a flowing conversation – they both fell silent, an awkward one.
 

“Can I ask you something?” Eric talked suddenly sending shivers down on Hyesung’s back.
 

He looked up slightly worried, “Sure?”
 

“That sweatshirt…” He reached out to it to feel the textile, “Isn’t it mine? It was on my mind the whole night…”
 

Hyesung’s eyes widened and he was sure he turned pale in a moment. He could only stare at Eric without any words, he was just simply terrified. He was scared of being found out despite that obvious fact he was definitely already busted. Eric would not ask if he did not know, he was not one to ask useless questions.
 

Eric kept touching the sweatshirt then like a sigh, he mumbled, “It definitely is mine. I was looking for it everywhere.”
 

Hyesung had no way of getting out of this. He was miserably busted and so, he felt miserable as well.
 

“Oh, really?” He laughed nervously, “I did not know.” Eric eyed him suspiciously, “I mean, I’m just wearing it because it’s super comfy, you know? I know what you are thinking, but no, it’s not like that. I’m not having this sweatshirt because it smells like you and reminds me of the time when you lived with me in the apartment so I would not need to feel lonely, or because since you moved out the apartment doesn’t feel like home at all and at least the sweatshirt helps, not at all –“ Hyesung could not continue.
 

Not only because words did not come out of his throat anymore thanks to that horrendous lump in there or because he knew his voice is going to sound weird as he was trying to hold back bawling which was his almost every night program since they broke up…

He could not say a thing because a moment later he found himself among Eric’s arms, he was hugged tight and he almost fainted from the sudden came intense feeling of being this close to Eric once again, after five months.
 

“It was a mistake.” Eric murmured as he tightened his hug, “We shouldn’t have broken up in the first place.”
 

“It was inevitable.” Hyesung replied, he wrapped his arms around Eric as he buried his face into his neck. He just really wanted to hug Eric and enjoy the moment, “We just did not click anymore…”
 

Eric shook his head, “No. But we did not even try to help it… We just left each other, leaving both of us sad and pained and miserable.”
 

Hyesung was silent. So Eric felt the same way as well? Was he suffering just like him?
 

“I miss you.” Eric muttered, turned his head and kissed Hyesung’s hair, “I miss you so much.”
 

“…Really?”
 

Eric stepped back but still grabbing his shoulders he said, staring into Hyesung’s eyes, “I want to get back together.”
 

Hyesung did not have much to think through. He wanted the same as well – being among Eric’s arms again, spending every day together just like they did before their break up. He wanted to have him again.

He did not care what was coming. He did not care they might end up getting distant and breaking up again. All he cared was how much he wanted Eric that moment, he did not want to think of the future.
 

He smiled and nodded, luring out that smile of Eric’s which Hyesung loved to death.
 

Eric pulled him onto his chest again, stole a quick kiss then still grinning he added, “I also want to have my sweatshirt back…”

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!
Hope you'll have the 2016 you are dreaming of. I'll do my best to continue presenting ricsyung stories this year as well, I'm counting on all of you.

I think there is about 8-9 more prompts to go for this series, I want to do a quick job but...
Well, you know your job - 10 comments.

Again, Happy New Year and thank you for reading!

See you next time