Finale: Truth

As You Are... (Palace)



 

Hwa sat on the couch,head down as she sees the news about her date with Dae Min.

 

“Unknown Woman with Crowned Prince”

 

“Crowned Prince fainted,his girlfriend Run Away!”

 

How happiness is short-lived she wondered as she sobbed away.

~~~

“Nothing will happen if you keep crying.” A manly voice reminded her. Hwa looked up to find Jon,an old colleague,Dae Min Chief Bodyguard.

 

“I was sacked thanks to you two.” he complained.

 

“I am sorry…”

 

“This is not Lady Hwa that I used to work with.”

 

“I am worried about him. What will happen if I do something and what will happen if I don’t…”

 

“If you do something,something will happen,if you don’t… all I can predict is Prince will die in their hands..”

 

“Die?” Hwa gasped. “I must be the Pandora’s box for him.” She wondered.

 

“After you leaves,Lady Shin took in your place.President’s man as well.Since he can’t exercise much and diet changing do not have drastic effect,she gave Prince diet pills instead.Also,forced him to be on liquid diet. He slimed down quickly then. But every day,I was afraid when will he faint..will he able to wake up again if he does. Months later,I started to question my actions..am I a watchdog guarding  at the crime scene.He had no one on his side.”

 

Tears rolled as I listened to Jon. It is painful.From there...in my heart.

 

W_BAdcC2VSPeiuHOSBgkqXFillZP3v_AOLNT5Sjj

 

“What should I do?” I asked helplessly.


 

“Actually,I took the whole responsibility for this case.Hence,I was the only one who was expelled.I My subordinate Lee stepped into my place as Chief Bodyguard and he is one of my man.So I can help you two meet again.But I am not risking anything. Neither mine or Lee’s. I want to know your plan and decide if I can proceed.”

 

The truth. This is the only thing that Hwa left to do to save Dae Min. But that meant that her family have to come back and her brother has to face charges and be jailed. After much thinking she has decided.Sorry Brother. It is better than being killed by evil or threatened every now and then.

 

“Can you help me meet Prime Minister?” Hwa asked Jon.

 

~~~

 

Dae Min is still unconscious since that day. Doctors diagnosed him with liver failure.Due to overdose of diet pills,his liver was affected. The president went crazy with this news.

 

“If anyone know about this other than you and me,I will Kill you.” He warned the doctor.

 

“But he needs to get surgery ...He could lose his life!”

 

“Shut up! I am thinking! If he is to get surgery,the king and queen will know. This is their only son. They will be angry and could go against me!”

 

“But if he die?...”

 

“Just six months.Make him last for just six months.”

 

After six months,my term will be over. I will force him to convince people to sell their lands. Then the money will be mine. After six months...Everything will be fine, President thought.

 

~~~

 

THe knocking of the door awakes Prime Minister from his deep thought. He was in his study room. His wife led Jon and Hwa to him as they entered into room.

 

“Jon? and this is.. Lady Hwa right?”

 

“Glad to meet you again Sir.”

 

“Aren’t you retired already? Why did you come back? “

 

“I have a case to report.”

 

Hwa told the whole story to Prime Minister,who seemed surprised but not shocked.

 

“Finally,the truth is uncovered. I kind of suspected this but never able to prove anything., President is very good at covering up and destroying evidence. This is why I could not do anything.”

 

“I have evidence.”

 

“You alone is not enough.”

 

“My brother.”

 

“He will be punished. You ran away for him. Can you bear the pain?”

 

“Prince may...die.I could do anything for him.” Hwa said.A bit shaken.

 

Prime Minister looked at Hwa. And nodded. HE then patted her shoulder.

 

“I am sorry.”

 

~~~

As the prime minister and Hwa prepared for Press Conference and prepare for arrest of President,everyone is busy and cautious. Especially Jon who is worried about Hwa’s safety. President may get the news anytime before everything and fold their plan.

 

Hwa’s family finally arrived the venue with her brother. Her parents are still begging and asking Hwa to reconsider her choice. Hwa was not shaken. Afterall,there is no way she or her family members live in peace if another life is to be lost. And this might be Dae Min.

Hwa asked her parents to leave her alone with her brother for awhile.

 

“Brother. Are you feeling okay?”

 

“Yep.Soooooooooo fine. So fine.” He shaked his head vigorously again.He is still metally challenged thanks to that incident.

 

“After today,they will take you.. You will be jailed. But Brother. I will make sure you are safe and treated well. And you will come back to your senses too. I will make sure...of that.”

 

Hwa hugged her brother tightly and cried her lungs out.

 

“Thank you Hwa...For Bring me back home..." He said.