The malicious party

Who are you guys?

The wind howled at night and I wedged myself closer to Cam. I sniffed. Why was it suddenly so cold?

His body tensed slightly but he hesitantly pulled me closer and placed my head on his chest, wrapping his arms around me to keep me warm. 

My heart quickened. Never had I been so close and intimate with a guy before. He was so close to me, I could feel his skin on the tips of my ears and could hear the pounding of his chest wall, out of sync with each inspiration and expiration. He held me close to him, and I cuddled against him, bracing against the cold. We closed our eyes and dozed off. 

The next morning, radiant sunlight warmed my back. I moved, waking Cam. I was still in his arms. Embarassed, I looked up at him to catch his eyes lingering on mine.. He coughed and we pulled apart.

We both decided it was time to make a move again. We had lots to do. This time Cam suggested taking a different route through the forest. It was as if he knew it back to front. We weren't going to risk going back to the car, in case they hide there again and plan another ambush. We trudged through the grass and branches in silence this time, both preoccupied with thoughts. 

I followed behind him, eyes focussed on his tall build and hurried but sturdy footsteps. We soon approached a lake and there was a bridge which lead to some clear land. Finally out of the forest. I breathed a huge sigh of relief and Cam turned around. It was his first time looking at me full- on today, apart from when we first woke. He pointed to that side and explained it was the location of a factory, not very well-known amongst locals. We had to get in there secretly because he saw Dave being pulled into a car with this factory's logo.

"So Dave might be in there?" I asked.

He thought then nodded. "Very possibly. They would have wanted to keep him close so that they can keep an eye on him while trying to catch the rest of us."

I nodded.

We quietly ran up to the factory's back opening, hiding behind whatever we could find. Cam told me to stay outside and guard while he went in to look around. He disappeared into the building within a second and I stayed put. 

It was very quiet as I studied my surroundings. There were tall flax trees and the grass was very unkempt. From where I was standing, I could still see the bridge we had walked on to escape the forest. Behind me, the factory seemed deserted. I couldn't hear a singe sound.

I wonder what Cam has found out, I thought.

A sudden cold wave washed over me as I sensed someone watching. From a distance. 

Had I been discovered? Should I run or should I warn Cam first?

Before I could make the decision, a rough laugh came from behind me. 

I turned around and saw a young man, shirtless with a pair of black shorts on. He looked like he had just come from the beach! I tried to suppress a laugh. However, all humour was gone when he started walking towards me, a smirk on his face.

"What's this? A beautiful young lady like you..." he looked me up and down and his face brightened up even further. I backed a few steps away, keeping my glare at him.

"You look even prettier with that angry look of yours" he teased menacingly. He ran up to grab me but I dodged and tried to run away from him. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. He started feeling down my arm and the other hand reached for my right thigh.

"You're disgusting!" I yelled. I pushed him away from me but eneded up falling backwards, down onto the grassy land. He pounced on top of me, laughing.

He fingers lingered towards my blouse and I started to scream. 

Suddenly, someone smashed him on the head with a bat of some kind and pulled him away. I quickly got up and looked to see who it was.

Cam.

He fought him onto the floor and punched him continuously. He was swearing. He was furious.

"Don't you dare touch her. Don't you--- dare!" 

The malicious man had fallen unconscious and Cam finally stopped. He was shaking.

I sat where I was, stunned, at all the events that happened. I felt my eyes water and tears rolled down my cheeks. I felt someone kneel beside me and then hug me tightly.

"Sorry, " he whispered. "I shouldn't have left you alone."

I shook my head and pulled him in closer, trying to calm my breaths. Through my tear-stained eyes, I could see a bubble of someone approaching us from afar. I rubbed my eyes and looked properly. But by then, it was too late. 

Someone sprayed something over us and the next minute, everything went blurry. I felt myself lose my grip on Cam and fell into a deep sleep.

They lifted us into the factory.

"Should we store them with the other one? When they wake up, we'll punish them until they speak and reveal their mastermind."

The chief eyed us maliciously. 

"We will. But before that, we'll give them a taste of what we're capable of." He pointed dismissively in the direction of a walk-in fridge. His follower's eyes widened.

"In there? But they'll freeze and-"

"Yes, throw them in there. How dare they injure my son like that. This is payback."