The house of secrets

Who are you guys?

The tiny house had a vintage look. The three of us walked in slowly, dazed, fatigued, unsure what was ahead of us.

As Yoie was about to smash open the door, I gestured for him to stop. There was a letter left at the doorstep.

I picked it up and showed the other two men. 

"Shouldn't we read this first?" I proposed.

Tearing open the envelope, I found this:

Dear the Four,

Cam, I'm sure as you're reading this, you feel betrayed right? When I forced the four of you to come together as a team, I wasn't aware that the forces are this strong. I'm sorry you have to risk your lives. Please come in and recharge. PIN: Cam's birthday

Yoie hit his fist against the door. 

"That . She writes as if she cares about us, doesn't she?"

Dray snatched the note from me and tore it to pieces. He then punched in the code and we went in. It was a cosy place; sofa in the corner, one bed and also a kitchen and bathroom. I spotted the first aid kit and ran towards it. 

"Dray, come here." I motioned. He looked at me suspiciously but slowly walked over. I looked at his injury; he had been cut with a blade of some sort but it didn't go deep enough to affect the bone. As I disinfected his wound, Yoie kept watch for Cam and Dave. Minutes passed one by one but they still didn't return. Yoie and Dray paced around the room, worried about their comrades. 

My eyes followed them and I couldn't stop thinking about Dave. I prayed for him to be alright. He would be fine, right? They seemed to know their stuff. They're strong and good at fighting. What could get in their way?

Dray gave one last look at his watch. 

"Something's up. Or else they'd be back by now. I'll go see."

Yoie made a move to follow Dray, but faltered at looked at me. 

"Hey, we're going out to look for them. Stay here and don't let anyone else in, ok?"

I was going to be left in here alone? My heart palpitated but I managed a nod.

"Be careful guys.." I whispered. They nodded and ran off. 

Just like that, I was left in the house by myself. The day's events ran through my head and I was dazed, tired, confused. It was now dawn and the sun was about to light up the dull sky. At one point I asked myself why I didn't just run off now. They guys kidnapped me in the first place- and based on the chase, they must be up to no good. I decided that I would leave as soon as the sun rose and I could see to make my way again. I hoped I woould bump into a kind-hearted stranger and borrow a phone to ring my parents, who must be worried sick by now. 

I locked the door and before I knew it, I had fallen asleep on the sofa. It was warm and for the first time that night, I regained a slight sense of safety.