Interrogation

Road to Anywhere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Bom drags Dara to the cafeteria in the building. The delicious aroma hits them full force, and Bom’s stomach made a noise that would scare away anyone.

 She blushes, “I’m really hungry too I guess.”

 They sat down in a corner table in the back, away from prying eyes and listening ears.

 “What would you like Dara?”

 “I’m not too sure, maybe I’ll get ramyun.”

 “Well, I’m getting corn! And meat! And maybe grilled corn too.”

 Dara laugh in amusement seeing how much Bom loves corn.

 “Yah! Don’t laugh at me! A girl gotta have her corn ya know?” Bom reply in English with a horrible American southern accent that only made Dara laugh even harder.

 They order their food and while waiting, Bom puts her elbows on the table, intertwine her fingers and rested her chin on her hands, “So, you and Jiyong huh?”

Dara blushes and vehemently reply, “there is no me and Jiyong! Don’t get any ideas!”  

“You’re awfully quick in denying it, and why are you blushing?”

“Uh…Um…It’s... uh…hot in here. My face heats up when it’s hot! Yes, that’s why I’m blushing. It’s hot.”

A small chuckle escape from Bom even as she tries not to and soon, Bom is laughing so hard tears are coming out of her eyes. All the while, Dara is sitting there watching this girl crazily laughing to herself.

‘I might be weird but I’m not this weird.’

After a while, Bom finally stops.

“Did you have a good laugh there?” The producer deadpan.

“Oh Dara! You and I are going to be great friends!”

Bom sigh out, “honestly though, just tell me the truth about you and Jiyong.”

“There is no me and Jiyong.”

“Okay then, what do you feel towards Jiyong?”

Dara shrug, not wanting to tell Bom anything.

However, Bom is not one to give up, “Do you like him?”

“I guess?”

“Why are you making this so hard?   Ok, does your heart beat faster when you’re around him?”

“I’ve only seen him four times and we’ve only been in arm length distance once.”

Bom shook her head at Dara’s horrible attempt to not answer the question, “You can do better than that Dara.”

Dara sigh, “fine! No, it doesn’t.”

Bom furrow her eyebrows, thinking Dara is lying, “then what do you feel?”

“I feel calm, at peace with myself and my demons. Like I’m home.”

After Dara said those words, she immediately reprimands herself for her slip up, ‘. I hope she doesn’t think anything of it. You’re getting way too comfortable around this girl Sandara. I need to be careful.’

Much to Dara’s hope, Bom didn’t mention anything except squealing like a kid that just been told they’re getting a year’s supply of candy, “OMO! SOULMATES!”

“YAH!   What do you mean soul mates?! We just meet!”

“But you already feel at home with him!”

“AI

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter