DAY29

Locked Up and Set Free

After the movie Jung Kook says he'll tidy up the house while I prepare everything for grannys funeral. After making a few calls everything is set. The wake will be on Wednesday and the funeral on Thursday.

I go back to the couch and sit.

"Tae...are you okay? How are you feeling?"

I look up and see Jung Kook looking at me with sad eyes.

"I'm-Yeah I'm okay. It just doesn't seem real."

"I called my mom and let her know I'll be staying here for the rest of the week. I don't want you to be alone."

"Oh no it's fine Kookie. You don't have to. I'll be okay."

"I know. You don't need me here because you're a strong person Tae Hyung. I want to be with you though. She'll be here soon to drop off some clothes."

 "Thank you...for everything."

"You don't have to thank me. I love you."

I stand up and hug him tightly. Tears threatening to spill once more but I refuse to cry.

"You know I'll always be here for you. We're all here. Don't hold back Tae. If you want to talk to one of us you can."

"I know. I can't thank you guys enough."

He kisses my cheek and lets go of me.

"Let's go out for some ice cream, yeah? We've been in the house for over 24 hours. We both need some fresh air."

"Okay."

"Let's go wash up."

Upstairs we grab our towels and head to the bathroom. I'm surprised at first that Jung Kook comes into the bathroom with me. He looks at me and gives me a small smile. He steps forward and raises my shirt. I let him undress me. He does it with such gentleness. After he's done with me he begins taking off his clothes. He looks composed but his cheeks are a bright pink. I look away and turn on the water. I step into the shower and Jung Kook follows.

After the quick shower we finish getting ready in the room. When we're walking down the stairs someone rings the doorbell.

"Must be my mom," Kookie rushes to the door.

"Hi sweetie," his mom says as soon as he opens the door.

"Hi mom. Thank you for bringing my stuff for me."

"Oh son I made sure to include some side dishes too."

"You didn't have to but thank you."

"If you need anything else just give me a call okay?"

"Okay."

"I'll see you when you get home then."

"Mhm bye."

"Take care you two."

Jung Kook turns and catches me staring at him.

"Ready to go?"

"What? Oh...yeah."

"Is something wrong?"

"No."

"I should probably put the food away before we go."

"I'll wait for you here."

"Okay."

On the walk to the ice cream shop there's not much talking. I can't help but feel depressed. I know Jung Kook is doing his best to make me feel better. It calms me down but as soon as things go quiet like now I can't smile and say I'm okay. Granny wouldn't want me to be like this. I know she would want me to keep smiling and be happy. It's hard though.

"....yung. Tae Hyung."

I look over at Jung Kook. "Huh?"

"Are you sure you're alright? I was calling you for a while and you weren't answering."

"I'm fine. I was just thinking."

"About granny Kim?"

"...yeah."

"I'm sorry."

"What? Why?"

"I feel like a terrible boyfriend. No matter what I do it's not enough to make you smile. I wish I could say I know what you're feeling right now but I don't. That's why I'm trying to figure out what can cheer you up even if by a little."

"No angel. You being with me is already a big help. You're an amazing boyfriend. Don't say anything like that ever again. Your presence is enough to make me feel better."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

I caress the side of his face and lean in for a kiss but stop an inch away from his lips. I look him in the eye and wait for permission.

"Why'd you stop?"

"Is it okay to kiss you in public?"

"Yes silly. You don't have to ask me. Kiss me Kim Tae Hyung."

The second he says my name I press my lips against his. It was soft and slow. The world went quiet the moment our lips met. Everything around us seemed to disappear.

"Ahem."

I pull away and look at who dared interrupt the kiss with my love. It's some girl.

"Hey Jung Kook."

"Joy hi. How are you?"

"I'm okay I guess. How are you?"

"Uh well there have been better times. Oh Joy I'd like you to meet Ki-"

"Kim Tae Hyung. Nice to finally meet you"

Who is this chick?

"Babe this is the girl I told you about. Last week, I met her at school. Do you remember when I told you about her?"

"Nice to meet you."

"Were you guys heading somewhere?"

"We were just going to get some ice cream."

"Cool. Can I come with?"

Before Kookie answers I look at his friend. "Is school over already?"

"Oh I uh didn't go today. I didn't feel so good this morning."

Jung Kook looks worried. "Are you okay now?"

"Yeah I'm okay. I took some medicine."

"You can come with us Joy. We don't mind."

She looks over at me. I smile. "Yeah you can join us."

"Great!" She smiles but it looks forced.

At the ice cream shop she sits in the middle of the booth. I want to ask her to move so I can sit next to Jung Kook but that would be rude of me.

"So Joy, why'd you decide to become friends with my Kookie?"

"I saw him struggling at school. So I decided to help him clean his locker. He's nice and really adorable. Who wouldn't want to be his friend?"

"You're right."

"...I am not adorable."

"Awe baby don't get embarrassed."

He looks away. Too cute.

Once we each finish our ice cream we leave the shop and make our way home.

"See you tomorrow Joy."

"Jung Kook where do you live? Can I go over your house?"

"Oh I'm actually staying at Tae Hyungs place right now."

"You are?"

"Yeah. There was a uh...emergency so I'm helping."

"Right. Okay. It was nice meeting you Tae Hyung. See you guys."

She waves and walks the opposite way.

"Isn't she sweet?"

"Yeah and weird."

"You think everything is weird babe."

 

A/N: *clears throat* hi