DAY27

Locked Up and Set Free

Read at your own risk

 

Waking up beside Tae Hyung is amazing. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be here. I would be willing to go through everything all over again if it meant I'd be here with Tae Hyung. I give him a kiss on the forehead and then his lips. His eyes flutter open.

"Good morning cutie,"he says in a hoarse voice. He rubs his eyes and stretches.

"Good morning."

"How'd you sleep?" He pulls me closer.

"Pretty good. I wish I could wake up with you everyday."

"Not until we're married sweetheart."

"Married?"

"Yeah. I'm going to marry you one day."

"Is that even legal?"

"I don't know. But if it's not we'll move somewhere that it is legal."

"Are you being serious?"

"Yeah. I love you Jeon Jung Kook. I'd never joke about this."

"Okay then. What's the plan for today?"

"We are going to go visit my grandmother."

"You haven't gone to see her in a while."

"I know. I've actually been going to school so I don't have that much time anymore."

"When are we leaving?"

"As soon as we're done getting ready."

"Alright."

At the caffé granny Kim sees us and runs towards us the fastest she can.

"Kim Tae Hyung it's about time you show your face around here." She gives him a light smack on his arm. He laughs sheepishly.

"I know grandmother. I've been busy with school and all."

"School? So you finally decided to attend. Good."

"It's boring."

"This world is boring. Deal with it child."

"I'm not a child."

"You'll always be my baby Tae Hyung. Are you only dropping by or would you like to sit?"

"We're staying."

"Okay."

She takes us to an empty table.

"What would you guys like to eat?"

"Coffee and a blueberry muffin for me granny."

"And a hot cocoa and banana nut muffin for me grandmother Kim."

She nods and walks away. We watch her retreating back.

"Damn baby in this lighting you are....gorgeous."

I look away in embarrassment.

"Even your neck is gorgeous."

I turn to him confused.

"My neck?"

"Yes. Every inch of you is gorgeous. You are the definition of perfect Mr. Jeon."

"Don't say stuff like that. It's embarrassing."

"It's the truth."

"No it's not."

"You have to see yourself through my eyes."

"Nobody is perfect Tae."

"And yet here you are."

Thankfully grandma Kim comes back with our breakfast and cuts that conversation short.

"Here you go boys. Coffee and blueberry muffin for my cute grandson. For my adorable grandson-in-law is his hot cocoa and banana nut muffin."

She sets everything down in front of us.

"Thank you granny."

"It's delicious grandma Kim."

"I have to go back to the counter now. Enj-"

Suddenly grandmother Kim collapses. Tae Hyung rushes to her side spilling his coffee in the process.

"Granny!!"

"Oh my goodness!"

I take my phone out and dial 119.

"Yes hello. My grandmother-in-law just collapsed in her caffé. It's called sweet n' soft."

After the call I clean up the coffee and try my best to stop shaking. I see Tae Hyung crying but I can't get myself to move. A crowd forms around granny Kim. Minutes later an ambulance pulls up and paramedics rush in. Tae Hyung stands back and let's the two men do their job. They place granny Kim on a gurney and into their vehicle to go to the hospital.

"Who made the call?"

"I did. She's my grandmother-in-law and his grandmother."

"You need to come with us to fill out some papers."

Tae Hyung nods.

"Get everyone and go to the hospital Kookie."

"Okay. See you there."

He gives me a quick kiss on the lips and leaves.

I tell the workers to close the shop and go home for the day. When I finally get to Tae Hyungs house I call everyone downstairs and let them know.

We take Jin- hyungs and Yoon Gi- hyungs cars. When we arrive we see Tae Hyung in the lobby waiting.

"Tae Hyung."

He doesn't seem to notice us standing in front of him. I bend down on one knee.

"Tae?"

He looks at me. There's no emotion in his eyes.

"Jung Kook."

"Have they said anything?"

"No."

Thirty minutes later a doctor walks up to us. Tae Hyung stands.

"Are you the grandson of Mrs. Kim?"

"Yes sir."

"There's no easy way to say this."

"No. Don't tell me. Doctor....it can't be."

"I'm sorry."

He falls to his knees and bursts into tears. His cries loud enough for everyone in the quiet lobby to know he just lost someone.

Seok Jin- hyung goes to comfort Tae Hyung even though he's crying too.

I walk over to the doctor wiping away my tears. "What happened?"

"We found traces of the poisonous plant cerbera odollam in her system. It may have been given to her without her knowing because it was found in a piece of chocolate that was still in ."

"I understand."

"It's best to prepare the funeral as soon as you can."

"Okay. Thank you doctor."

He walks away giving one last look to Tae Hyung who is still crying on the floor. Jin- hyung is hugging him while the others stay seated in shock trying their best to not cry. I get down on the floor with them.

"Tae Hyung....sit on the chair will you. The floor is cold."

"Jung Kook." The way he looks up at me, so broken. My eyes begin to get teary.

"I'm sorry Tae Hyung."

"She's gone Jung Kook. I can't believe she's gone. She can't be gone. She can't be!!"

I wrap my arms around him. Tears start flowing down my cheeks once again.

"I'm so sorry Tae Hyung. We'll find whoever did this. I promise."

"Why would they do this to her Jung Kook?! She loved everyone! She was the nicest woman in this whole mothering world! She didn't deserve this!"

"She didn't. I know she didn't."

I could hear Ji Min crying in the back and Yoon Gi- hyung whispering to him.

When Tae Hyung calms down a bit he gets up and sits on a chair. We give him a minute to fill out more paperwork. Once everything is taken care of we head back home. Tae Hyung refuses to eat when we get there.

"At least have a bite or two Tae. It's not healthy to skip meals." Nam Joon-hyung hold the spoon of soup to Tae Hyungs lips. He eventually opens his mouth. After four spoons he leaves to his room. I finish my bowl and go join him. I find him laying down on the bed.

"Tae..."

I lie down with him. For a few seconds I debate whether I should hug him or not. I decide to hug him. His breathing calms after some time. I look down and see he's fallen asleep. I kiss the top of his head softly.

 

 

A/N: Hey ;) I am back with this ed up chapter. Please tell me your thoughts. Until next time~