DAY28

Locked Up and Set Free

I wake up at 4 in the morning with Jung Kooks arms wrapped around me. I suddenly remember what happened. Granny. I slowly remove his arms and sit up. It feels like a dream. I get off the bed and quietly walk downstairs to the kitchen.

I walk into the dark kitchen not wanting to turn on the lights. I grab a glass from the cupboard and serve myself some water. I hear a door close. A minute later I see a figure walk into the kitchen and stop at the doorway.

"Hey. You weren't in bed so I came to check if you were down here. Mind if I turn on the light?"

Jung Kook.

"My eyes hurt Kookie I'd appreciate it if you left them off." I finish the rest of the water and wash the cup.

"How are you feeling? I can cook something for you if you're hungry."

"No, I'm okay. I just wanted a cup of water."

"Tae.... I'm sorry."

I feel my eyes tear up once again.

"I'm fine."

He takes a step forward.

"Tae Hyung it's okay to cry."

"I cried enough."

He takes another step forward. I can see him better now. His eyes seem to be searching for something in my eyes. He opens his arms.

"May I hug you?"

I close the gap between us and let him embrace me in his arms. I bury my face in his neck as he whispers "Everything is going to be okay. Just like I'm here for you granny Kim is too. We'll never leave you Kim Tae Hyung."

Tears start to spill at those words. I feel his hold on me tighten. His soft warm hands rub my back softly.

After a while, when the tears stop and my breathing calms I stand up straight.

"I'm sorry. I'm such a mess."

"You don't have to apologize for anything Tae."

"Why didn't you go home? You don't have to stay here with me."

"I know I don't have to stay but I want to. Let's go back to bed, okay?"

"Okay."

It's not long before we're asleep again.

The next time we wake up the sun is out and shining bright in the sky.

"What time is it?"

I look at my phone. 11:26. Almost noon.

"No school today I guess."

"Missing one day of school won't hurt."

"Yea they're already used to me missing school anyway."

"Let's go eat."

"I don't want to get out of bed."

"I'll bring the food to you then."

"I love you Jeon Jung Kook."

"I love you too Kim Tae Hyung."

He leaves the room. I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I still can't believe it. I should have gone to see her sooner. I have to find who did this. I should prepare for the wake and the funeral for now. I can't stay in bed all day. Rubbing my eyes I sluggishly get out of bed and saunter down to the kitchen.

"Oh Tae you're out! Was I taking too long? I'm sorry. I'm almost done."

"No it's okay Jung Kook. Take your time. I just didn't want to stay in bed all day. I need to prepare the funeral."

"Oh okay. I'll help you."

"You can go home Kookie. You really don't have to stay here."

"I know. I will say it a billion times Kim Tae Hyung. I love you and I will never leave you, not now not ever."

The small smile on Jung Kooks lips and his earnest words made me feel better but I couldn't help but want to cry.

"Okay."

I notice how silent the house is.

"Where is everyone? Do you know?"

"No, I actually don't know. No one was here when I came down."

"They must be at work or school."

"So it's just us?"

"Yeah."

"So we can do anything?"

"I guess."

"Can we watch a movie?"

"If you want, yeah."

"Kiss?"

"Yeah."

"Dance?"

"Sure."

"Okay. Breakfast is ready."

I set the table as he serves the food onto the plates. We take a seat and eat in silence for a bit.

"Tae?"

"Yes baby?"

"I want to ask you something but I don't want you to feel sad anymore."

"You can ask me."

"Who do you think did it? Granny Kim was liked by everyone. I can't think of anyone that could've done this."

"Me either."

The conversation ends there and no more words are spoken.

After breakfast we clean up and go to the couch to watch a movie.

"What should we watch?"

"Action?"

"Okay. Anything in mind?"

"No. Let's see what they have."

"What about The Villainess?"

"I've never seen it."

"I haven't either. Let's give it a try."

An hour into the movie Jung Kook lies down and rests his head on my lap. He looks up at me and smiles. How can someone be so cute?! I can no longer focus on the movie because I'm too infatuated with the boy below me. He continues to watch the movie and I continue to count how many times he blinks in a minute.

"I'm so lucky to have met you Jeon Jung Kook."

"I'm even luckier."

I lean down and give him a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Not to ruin the moment but I have to take a leak."

Jung Kook sits up and I leave to the bathroom down the hall. After my bathroom break we finish the rest of the movie.

Or should I say Jung Kook finishes watching the movie and I wonder what I did in my past life to get the chance to be with someone as amazing him.

 

 

 

A/N: Hey. How are you?