BFF

Who in EXO would you pick to be your...

"Morning _____" a y masculine voice croaks over the line. 

Omo. Who's this y stranger mis-dialing me?

"Who's this?" I ask curiously. 

"What do you mean by who's this? It's me!"

"Eh rrrright... and you are?"

"Wakey wakey _____! Earth calling ____! Can't believe you can't recognize the voice of your BFF today! Did you change your hand phone or something? Do I sound that different?" 

Ooh... BFF? That means...

"Chan..yeol?" I ask carefully. 

"Ok, I think I better come check on you right away! You must have woken up on the wrong side of your bed and knocked your head severely!" 

Then he hangs up abruptly on me! What the...

***

My doorbell rings incessantly. 

"Coming! Coming!!!" I yell.

I open the door and see a happily grinning Chanyeol! He embraces me immediately in a generous hug and quickly spins me around and inspects me exaggeratedly.

Then he exhales loudly, pretends to dramatically wipe his brow and beams, "Phew! You're fine!"

"Huh? Of course I am! Why would you think otherwise?"

"Thought you had a lobotomy of sorts when you didn't recognize my AWESOME voice over the phone earlier? And you called me 'Chanyeol'?! I mean, when have you ever called me that? Like... Never?! Wait, better run a thorough check! Who am I again, ______?"

Chanyeol pauses dramatically and holds me by my shoulder and stares expectantly into my eyes. 

"Erm...Chan..." I venture and Chanyeol nods enthusiastically.

"..nie?" I finish unsure and Chanyeol bursts into an exuberant cheer. 

I got it right?!? Lucky guess. Heh. Was deliberating between Chanyeolie and Channie actually. Phew.

"Finally!" Chanyeol claps exaggeratedly and plonks himself down on my sofa.

That was silly. Haha. But I'll admit. Not a bad way to start my morning. Even though it's a bout of nothing, Chanyeol's infectious energy and enthusiasm is such a mood uplifter!

This is totally what I had in mind when I wished for the happy virus Chanyeol as my BFF. Yay!

I plop myself down next to Chanyeol and try to act as comfortable and naturally chummy with him as I can.

"So. Channie. What brings you here this morning?"

"What brings me here this morning? There you go again. Seriously, maybe I oughta book a CT scan for you!"

"Oh haha.." I laugh nervously and embarrassed, "I...just woke up *fake yawn*...brain cells not fully functioning yet...haha. Jog my memory again? Bestie?"

Chanyeol smiles sheepishly and rubs the back of his neck nervously, "I swear you are doing this on purpose! Ah what the heck! Since I did ask you for the favor... I'm here to...you know.. for...our...practice..."

"What practice?"

Chanyeol mumbles in a softer voice.

"Come again. What?"

"Ourkissingpractice. There I said it!"

"Our WHAT?!"

"Ok. Quit the pretense. Why are you so shocked now? You're the one who suggested that we practise kissing today!"

I WHAT NOW?!

***

HAPPY NEW YEAR lovely readers! May we all have an awesome 2016! May EXO shine even brighter than before!