The student & the tutor

Who in EXO would you pick to be your...

"Wake up, Miss ______!" A knuckle raps on my forehead. 

I snap with an annoyance, "Ouch!" and open my eyes and come face to face with D.O.!

Woohoo! My next wish is granted! 

"D.O.!" I greet him happily!

"Did you just call my name?" D.O. asks sternly. 

Oops. Am I not supposed to? What is he? Lord Voldemort? He-who-must-not-be-named? Why can't I call him by his name?

He flicks my forehead. Ouch!

"Where are your manners? It's Sir or Mr. Do alright? How dare you call me by a nickname. You little brat!" D.O. chastises me. 

Oops! Oh yes, I momentarily forgot that I wished for D.O. as my tutor! 

"Sorry Sir. Sorry!" I rush to apologise profusely.

"Too late! Detention after class, Miss. _____. For sleeping in class and insolence to teacher!" D.O. glares at me with his impossibly big eyes and I almost get cross-eyed looking at him. Then he smoulders and turns back around to the blackboard. 

Oh my God, he's so scary! 

Man...I wished for D.O. as my tutor cause I thought it'll be a treat to have some eye candy in class. Also D.O. seems like the mature, responsible, caring type, so he'll make an awesome tutor? I mean, it'll make classes a lot more fun to have a boyishly goodlooking tutor right? But he's looking all kinds of mean now! Scary...

My tutor wish got granted...that means my classmate's...

"Ouch!" I yelp again as I receive a kick to my chair from behind.

"Miss ______! Do you wish to have additional detention?" D.O. glowers.

"No! Sorry, Sir!"

"Then silence!" D.O. turns around and yells at me as he flings his hand and aims a flying chalk at me!

The coloured chalk grazes just the corner of my mouth and I'm left with a pink mark on my cheek. I sit stunned while I hear a stiffled snigger behind me.

Why this git! Who's this idiot that kicked me and caused me to almost swallow chalk?!

I wait for D.O. to turn back to the blackboard before I whip my head around.

And lo and behold! Baekhyun winks at me and waves to me from behind! 

That's right. I wished for Baekhyun to be my classmate. I thought it'll be fun to have the impish beagle as my classmate so we'll have a lively atmosphere in class. I never thought it'll get me into further trouble with the new scary tutor I have now!

Is this what they mean by "be careful what you wish for"? Cause you never know when it's gonna backfire on you?

As I turn back and busy myself with this worrying thought, Baekhyun starts poking at my shoulder incessantly with a pointer. I'm about to turn around again, ready to lash at him when he slips a note over my shoulder.

This better be good.

I'm in the midst of unfolding the note when Baekhyun kicks my chair incessantly again. Geez! Patience! I'm getting to your note! I ignore his kicks and quickly unfold it. But before I can complete the first line, the note gets taken off my hands!

I look up and see D.O. Glaring bug-eyed at me again! Gulp.

"Note passing now eh? Another demerit point for you, Miss ______!"

"But..but...it's not my..."

Baekhyun interrupts me quickly,  "Sir, Sir! It's not _____'s fault! Please punish me instead! I passed her the note. I'm responsible for the note passing. She's just..."

"The recipient?" D.O. completes the sentence for Baekhyun, and adds drily, "How chivalrous of you? Standing up for your lady love? Your valiant is duly noted. Demerit for you too, Mr. Byun."

Baekhyun pipes down and stews in silence.

"Let's see here." D.O. looks at the note and reads aloud mockingly,

"Hey girl, that one moment felt like eternity
(the fate-like moment)
When you pierced into me in just one moment
(like lightning, in this world)
You called my name and came to me

Call me baby. You know my name girl.

Call me baby. Call me baby. 

As many times as you want, call me girl."

D.O. sighs, "I don't even know what ... I just read. Mr. Byun, this is exactly why you ought to spend more time paying attention to my class! Then maybe you can write better, and more successfully than this sorry excuse of a love ... note? Poem? Rap? I don't even know what this qualifies..." 

"Correction, Sir." Baekhyun bravely speaks up again and the whole class turns around to face him.  

"It's the lyrics to a totes smashing song! I'm naming it... Call me baby!" Baekhyun smugly continues and winks at me.

"Silence! Did I ask you to answer, Mr. Byun? I doubt Miss. ____ or anyone is interested in your song!" D.O. glowers.

Undeterred, Baekhyun suddenly stands up and starts crooning to the lines of the note! Complete with cool hand gestures and a short dance!

D.O. is rapping on his desk and calling for silence but Baekhyun cheekily ignores him and finishes his short song and dance and blows a flying kiss at me! Squeal!

The entire class burst into raucous applause and cheers! Till D.O. bellows above the racket, "Detention for 2 weeks, Mr. Byun! And out the door now! Remain standing outside till class is dismissed!"

Baekhyun simply shrugs nonchalantly and marches to the door and as he opens it, he sings back to me and the class, "Love is an open doooooor or or...!"

I facepalm.