Lee Soo Man's Visit

A Simple Love

Yunho was just entering the dorm… with Jaejoong, Junsu, and Yoochun trailing nervously behind him. He had to house them for the time being to protect them from anymore spies from the media that could potentially be scoping out the hotel they resided in. It wasn’t safe to go back to the hotel without any disguises on, and what was worse was the fact that the spy had gotten away and was on his way to the publishing company to show the manager the news of the century—the YooSu Couple was real.

Junsu sighed sadly when he saw the old dorm. It looked so familiar and welcoming, but it was also an alien world. The walls, the kitchen, the bathroom—it looked different without any of the former members’ belongings there. Even though he had been there earlier, it didn’t mean anything to him because he knew he would only be visiting for a short while, whereas now he was going to live in the dorm until this whole mess was brought down.

Yoochun hugged Junsu from behind to reassure him that they would be back one day. Junsu smiled and leaned into his boyfriend’s arms. He was grateful Yoochun was there for him when he needed it. What was better was the fact that Yoochun knew when Junsu was upset without even being told.

Changmin was eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when the four of them walked in. He expected to only see Yunho, but the moment his eyes landed on Jaejoong, he nearly choked on the sandwich. Sure Yoochun and Junsu being there had him wondering as well, but Jaejoong didn’t look like he used to before the Split. His hair was greasy, his eyes were puffy for not sleeping enough, and face was concaved. He didn’t look like the strong hyung Changmin knew for so long.

Once Jaejoong caught sight of his little dongsaeng, he ran forward and threw himself onto Changmin. It wasn’t necessary to act that way, but Jaejoong felt as if Changmin was his own son. He cooked for him, set his clothes out for the next day, made sure he showered, and took care of him when he was sick. Then again, Jaejoong did the same with every member—especially Yunho. But Changmin was the youngest in the group which meant Jaejoong felt an even larger affection towards his babyish status.

Changmin buried his face in Jaejoong’s neck and hugged him back. He made sure to keep his peanut butter and jelly sandwich away from Jaejoong’s back so it wouldn’t get the shirt sticky. Changmin was glad to be near Jaejoong again.

Yunho tilted his head to the side while inspecting the two scenes. YooSu in their romantic embrace. Jae and Min having a father-son reunion. Something felt right about this. It gave him a warm, fuzzy feeling in the pit of his stomach that made him want to go out and buy everyone presents and food and just everything. But, most of all, he wanted to see DBSK in one dorm together again. He remembered the radio show they went to a few years back, and he admitted that he’d gather all of TVXQ up again and start over if they ever disbanded. When did he break that promise? The moment he kept on planning a comeback with Changmin. He should’ve been focused on getting JYJ back to the DBSK dorm instead of pleasing his fans. Even though his fans were his world, DBSK was his life (and Jaejoong was everything else he could imagine).

Yunho knew he was fully aware of what he was doing—Changmin kept on bugging him about how hungry he was, which reminded him of Jaejoong and his constant cooking to keep up with Changmin’s angry stomach. Then when they were in the recording studio, Changmin always messed up with his voice. He went off to a corner of the studio to cry out of frustration, and that small action made Yunho remember how Yoochun used to be the helpful hyung to Changmin by offering the maknae singing tips. Then, when Changmin was bored in the dorm while Yunho watched television or played on his phone, he would whine. Yunho’s mind flew back to the times when Changmin, Yoochun, and Jaejoong would tease Junsu for fun until he cried, then comfort him because they felt bad about their deeds. But what brought him near tears was the memory of Changmin being sleep deprived and near starving and asking for help from Yunho when Lee Soo Man forced Changmin to move on and keep practicing. It made Yunho realize what a horrible leader and person he was compared to his best friends. What he noticed then, though, was how when they were all around before the Split, he was the sweetest gentleman and lent a hand to anyone who needed help. It didn’t matter if he knew them or not; he wanted to help them.

“Yunnie?” Jaejoong called out softly. He walked over to his best friend and held his face in his hands before kissing the tears away. “Yunho, why are you crying?”

Yunho didn’t know Jaejoong was right in front of him until he felt Jaejoong’s lips on his skin. He blinked a few times before bringing his hand up to Jaejoong’s. He leaned into Jaejoong’s palm.

Jaejoong smiled gently. “Yunho, why are crying?” he asked again.

“I’ve been such a bad leader lately… I—I don’t know why. I think it’s because you three left.” Yunho stopped momentarily before he corrected himself. “No! What I meant was, I think I stopped being a good leader after you three were no longer officially part of DBSK. You made up most of my life, so it’s obvious I changed. But… I’m sorry to you, Changmin-ah.” Yunho turned his gaze to his surprised maknae. “I ignored you all of those times while we were around Lee Soo Man without sparing you a second glance. I’m a bastard, I know. But you need to forgive me.” Yunho looked longingly at Changmin with teary eyes. He meant every word he said.

Jaejoong sighed. He didn’t like seeing Yunho sad. It made him realize what he was like just that morning and the weeks preceding it. To soothe his aching heart, he leaned forward and pecked Yunho gently on the lips. “Yunnie, darling, Changmin understands. He knows, alright? Nobody is perfect, but their imperfections are what make them perfect the way they are.”

Yunho sighed before closing his eyes. He let the feeling of Jaejoong’s body close to his calm him down. He sighed, smiled, and opened his eyes. Everyone was around him by now. It made him feel better about his problems when he realized they were all together in one room again without any sad feelings about being separated. That’s how it was—calm, gentle, happy, relieving. Yunho had been craving this feeling for so long.

Suddenly, the door bell rang. Yoochun furrowed his eyebrows and stared at the door. He walked over to look out the hole. When he saw who it was, his face paled and he tensed up.

“Chu—” Junsu tried saying.

“Lee Soo Man,” Yoochun frantically whispered. “We need to find somewhere to hide now.”

Jaejoong dashed to his and Yunho’s old room. He had the perfect place for hiding—under the bed.

Yoochun and Junsu, on the other hand, didn’t have anywhere to go. The dorm was small and cramped, and they weren’t as petite at Jaejoong. They had to find a more comfortable place to hide. Thankfully, Yunho and Changmin had filled the unused room—the one where Yoochun and Junsu stayed—with boxes. They were stacked high enough that both Yoochun and Junsu could hid behind them. That’s exactly where they went.

Changmin opened the door right when Yunho came back down. Lee Soo Man stood in the doorway of the TVXQ dorm with no emotion on his face, like every other time.

Changmin tried for a smile. “Welcome, Soo Man hyung. What brings you here?”

Lee Soo Man pushed past Changmin and into the empty room. Yunho was still upstairs trying to make sure Yoochun and Junsu couldn’t be seen. Soo Man grew suspicious instantly. “Where’s Yunho?”

“He’s upstairs,” Changmin smoothly answered.

“What is he doing?”

“He’s cleaning his room.”

“Well, go get him! I have to talk to you two.” Soo Man took a seat on the couch.

Changmin nodded rapidly, making his way upstairs. He dashed to the room Yunho was in. “Hyung!” he whisper-yelled.

Yunho jumped in his spot and turned around. His face showed surprise. “What does Soo Man want?”

“He needs to talk to us. Hurry up and come down here.”

“But Su and Chun—”

“It’s either you come down there and let him talk to us, or he comes up here and finds everybody. Which do you want?”

Yunho remembered how Soo Man used to hit Jaejoong when he misbehaved. It gave him shivers just thinking about how Jaejoong would cover up his bruises with make-up to assure everyone he was fine. Yunho, with a determined expression, walked downstairs, Changmin trailing close behind.

Yunho saw Soo Man on the couch. He bowed ninety degrees for respect, then stood straight. With a forced smile, Yunho asked, “Why are you here, Soo Many hyung?”

Soo Man stood up and approached Yunho. “You and Changmin are going to start training again.”

Both Yunho’s and Changmin’s face showed surprise with a hint of confusion. “Why?”

“Now that it’s only you two, you must get used to only hearing two voices, and also dancing with only two of you. Those three traitors are no longer here, nor will they ever be here again, so get used to it. The first practice is in the usual studio at eight o’clock tomorrow morning.” With his final words, Soo Man turned and left the house with nothing else to say. He left the two remaining TVXQ members in the living room, baffled and wondering what to do next.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi guys... Hi...

OKAY, DON'T KILL ME, I'VE BEEN SO BUSY. I helped out with the school play, got sick, had writer's block for this, started the season for Scholar Bowl, got home late and had homework and a shower to take, needed to practice trumpet a lot, had other YunJae story ideas, and all kinds of stuff that's driving me insane .___. So don't hurt me! ><

SHAMELESS ADVERTISING.

Yunho Goes to the Army: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/143435/yunho-goes-to-the-army-angst-eunhae-fluff-hanchul-yunjae-cuteness-army

 

In All Honestly [Complete]: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/145558/in-all-honesty-yunjae

 

The Simple Message: "I Love You." [Complete]: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/142189/the-simple-message-i-love-you-romance-yunjae-valentinesday-yunjaevalentine-proposal

 

With Every Breath I Take: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/136781/with-every-breath-i-take-lovestory-romance-yunjae-loveatfirstsight-truestory-yunjaelove

 

And, lastly, my most popular story EVER...

Wedding of the Year [M]: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/131248/wedding-of-the-year-shimchangmin---yoosu-yunjae-engagement

 

Okay, I gotta go to bed now, Mom's getting on my for it .__.