It's a Funny World

A Simple Love

The snap of a shutter pulled the two men apart. Yunho spun around, eyes widened. The door was wide open, and right in the hallway with a Canon was a crazed man with adrenaline showing in his eyes. He spent one more second in front of the two surprise-stricken men before dashing down the hallway towards the stairway where he’d make a daring escape.

“Y-Yun, h-he just—” Jaejoong started.

Yunho knew what he had to do. With his long legs, he flew down the hall after the paparazzi spy. He had to catch him. There was no other option. If that picture got out then his whole career would be destroyed, and he’d be banned from seeing Jaejoong ever again. Lee Soo Man would murder him if he got hold of a magazine with that picture of Jaejoong and Yunho kissing. That is, if that kind of magazine ever got published.

The spy was already halfway down the stairs. Yunho didn’t know how he’d ever catch up to him. Then he spotted the emergency staircase. He wasn’t sure if it’d work, but he ran towards the door. He stretched out his arms to force the door open if he had to. Unfortunately, it didn’t open. Yunho huffed incoherent Korean before thinking about going down the stairs when another not-so-brilliant idea came into his mind. The elevator was no good in this type of situation, and the stairs wouldn’t help Yunho reach the spy in time, even if they were faster. So he thought back to his days while he was training as a dancer. He had to do a ton of leg stretches and jumping exercises to strengthen his muscles. He was even challenged to jump off of five-foot-high walls. Since he was so athletic and determined to catch his dream, Yunho mastered the skill in no time. So that’s what he was going to do now. There was a balcony over the main lobby. The railing would be an easy leap, but the landing was a problem. There was only hard-floor below, and if he screwed up, he would be in trouble—and I’m not talking about the spy with the pictures. If he landed wrong, his foot muscles would become sprained, and the vibrations of the impact would possibly break his foot, ankle, and maybe a little bit of his leg. So this would be a risky operation. But he had to do it for Jaejoong.

Yunho sprinted back down the hall. He passed the room where Jaejoong was just coming out. He didn’t even look back at Jaejoong as he flew by. Jaejoong was curious to see what Yunho was doing, so he followed him.

Yunho saw the railing coming up at a fast pace. His mind flew and incomprehensible speeds, forming a plan and how he would be able to pull this off. The next thing he knew, he grabbed the rail with his hands. He kicked both of his feet forward. They went flying into the air. They didn’t even skim the top of the railing. He was literally flying in the air. The wind ruffled through his air and adrenaline pumped in his blood. He waited for the right moment to bend his knees. One wrong move and he wouldn’t be able to dance for a long time. Then Yunho saw the spy. He wasn’t near the doors, but he would be if Yunho timed his landing wrong. He thought of Jaejoong—he knew he was watching, too—so his landing turned out perfect. He rolled on the floor and flew up onto his feet. He turned around in time to hold his arms out and catch the spy.

From above, Jaejoong cheered. Yunho looked up. On his best friend’s face was a bright smile. Yunho’s heart raced and he smiled back. His lungs constricted and he had a hard time breathing. The smile was too beautiful for words. Nonetheless, Yunho took the spy back up to the hotel room where he was interrogated by Jaejoong and Yunho.

 

Back in the dorm, Changmin was wondering how Yunho was doing. Was he seeing Jaejoong’s smile again? Did he confess yet? What was Jaejoong’s reaction? Did Jaejoong accept the confession and confess back? What in the world was going on with his two hyungs?

So he asked. “Yoochun hyung, what’s the possibility of Yunho hyung and Jaejoong hyung getting together?”

Yoochun smiled. “Well, that all depends how Yunho presents himself while confessing. If he does it like he normally acts, everything’s going to turn out fine because that’s the side of Yunho—the one we’ve all grown to love, really— Jaejoong has fallen in love with. But if Yunho does it wrong and makes one little mistake, I don’t know what Jaejoong will do. He could either smile and accept, or walk away and reject. There’s no telling until Yunho reports back to us.”

Junsu laughed from the kitchen where he was making kimchi for dinner. “Chun, you make it sound like we’re in a spy movie!”

“Who knows, Su? We could be in spy movie without even knowing it.”

Changmin furrowed his eyebrows. “What do you mean, Hyung?”

“The world is a funny place, Min,” Yoochun said. “Do you know how you think you’re awake, but when you really are awake, you realize it was just a dream you had?”

Changmin nodded.

“That’s how life is. You never know if anything is real or not. Like us being a group once. Was that ever true? Or was it all a setup by Soo Man who intentionally planned to break us apart from the very beginning to bring SM Entertainment more popularity? He was an interesting character. But for all he knows, he could be the one dreaming. He’s the richest man in South Korea, which is a big dream for many Korean men like you and me. So maybe, sometimes, Soo Man wonders what we wonder, if we’re dreaming all of this fantasy we call ‘life’ up or if we’re really living it. Do you understand?”

Junsu came out of the kitchen with fresh food. He handed a bowl to Yoochun and Changmin, went back to grab his bowl, and came back to sit by Yoochun.

Changmin took a bite of his food before answering. He had to think it over for a second. “So what you’re saying is that when we think we’re dreaming, we’re in reality, and when we’re in reality, we’re dreaming?”

“No, no, it’s not like that. Let’s say you’ve always wanted a dog. You finally get one after eight years of wanting one, but once you get it, you have a different feeling from the one that you had in your mind for so many years. That feeling was most likely coming from what you thought when you were a child and dreamed up that feeling. This can also apply to our dreams of being a celebrity. When I was younger, I never wanted to be an artist. I played piano, but I was forced to. Then when I saw that SM Entertainment was holding auditions, I felt something rise inside of me that I once thought was interest, but when I thought it over some more, I realized that I had been pushing down my true feelings. What I thought was true was the complete opposite of reality.”

“Oh, I get it now!” Junsu suddenly burst out.

Changmin and Yoochun laughed together. Changmin patted his hyung’s back. “I do, too, Hyung. I do, too.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating sooner! I had to study yesterday, do chores, keep myself from yelling at my mom for forgetting my other AFF account's password and yada yada yada... So, yeah, right now, my life isn't doing so good. But hey! I've still got inspiration for YunJae ;) I got addicted to them a whole month ago, and I'm STILL stuck to them! How weird is that? X3

So how was it? Please leave a comment below :D Thank you for reading ^^ And welcome to any new subscribers! Thanks for subscribing :)