Much Brighter Than the Rest They Had Ever Lived

A Simple Love

Jaejoong was feeling better after about ten minutes of Yunho holding him. It was the feeling of those strong arms around his small figure. What would’ve made the moment better is Yunho whispering loving words into Jaejoong’s ears. That was the only fragment of the moment missing. If only Jaejoong could confess to Yunho!

Yunho, on the other hand, felt something extreme. He knew this was perfect. He had to tell Jaejoong how he felt. He had to tell him how much he loved him, and he had to do it quick, or else the courage that his heart harbored at the moment would scamper away like the scared little puppy it was. He’d lose all hope and never want to see Jaejoong again in fear of being embarrassed from even trying to get the right words out without ruining the moment. So Yunho made an excuse of having wanting something to eat—stupid excuse of course, because they just ate—and headed downstairs, leaving Jaejoong alone in the room. The moment Yunho got in the hallway, he pulled his cell phone out and dialed the number for the dorm.

Changmin picked up. “Hello?”

“Min-ah!” Yunho said gratefully. “Put Junsu on the phone. I need some advice from him.”

“Okay,” Changmin muttered, unaware of the urgency of the matter. “Junsu hyung, it’s Yunho hyung. He wants to talk to you.”

The phone transfer from one hand to the other made little noise, and Junsu’s dolphin voice was floating through the connection in no time. “Yunho hyung!”

Yunho gently smiled. He hadn’t heard Junsu’s voice clearly in a while. “Hello, Junsu. How have you been lately?”

“I’ve felt like crap. But Chunnie has been helping me, so I guess I’m doing better than I could be. How’s Jaejoong hyung? Are you working well with him? You always have, ever since our debut, and even before.”

Yunho heard the angelic smile behind the receiver. “I got him to drink some tea, but only a sip. Still, it’s progress. Then we went back up to the room, and before I knew it, he was crying and talking about how terrible the world is and wanting to not be here again, so I hugged him with everything I had in me. Now I want to tell him how I feel. What am I supposed to do, Junsu? You and Jae were close, so you should know, right?”

The line was silent for a minute. Then Junsu’s sigh resonated over the connection. “I think this is something for Chunnie to deal with. He knows how to speak his true feelings to whoever he likes.”

Yunho imagined Junsu blushing as he handed the phone over to Yoochun, who gave him a swift kiss. It made Yunho feel more confident that he’d be able to confess to Jaejoong without a blooper or mistake.

“Hey, Hyung. What’s going on?”

Yunho explained his problem with crystal-clear detail and pinpoint problems. Yoochun offered his best advice possible. “I know Jaejoong hyung likes you back. So does Su and Min. We can all see it. I can’t believe you can’t! Well, I guess that’s a given since I myself didn’t realize I liked Junsu until I was forced to see it.” He paused for a second. “What you need to do if you feel it’s the right time to confess to Jae hyung is to approach with your straight-forward personality and leadership. I used a sneakier tactic to get to Junsu because I’m nothing like you, but I know you’ll be able to handle it. When confessing, it’s important to use your strengths to get what you need and where you want to be. Do you understand where I’m coming from?”

Yunho nodded, but remembered that he was talking over the phone. “Of course. Go on.”

“So what you should do is get Jaejoong to admit what he feels for you. It’s just like getting him to admit that he did something wrong during a concert. Then you’ll have to work on fixing that flaw later on. Understand?”

“Yes.”

“Good. You’re ready then. There’s nothing else I can do other than hope Jae hyung understands your point of view. Know that we’ll be waiting for good news, okay, Hyung?” Then, as if planned, all three of the younger members cheered, “YUNHO HYUNG, FIGHTING!”

Yunho laughed. “Thank you, all of you. I’ll do my best.” Then he ended the call. His heart was thumping in anticipation. This was an important moment in his life: he was going to confess to his crush.

When Yunho gripped the door handle, he had doubts about what he would say. Should he just admit it straight out? Should he edge Jaejoong to the brink of confession like Yoochun had suggested? Should he be professional about it? No, that wouldn’t be natural. He should just hold Jaejoong’s hands, look into his eyes, and speak naturally with every word exiting his mouth coming from the heart—the one Jaejoong currently held in his delicate, smooth, and beautiful hands that Yunho wanted to hold onto for the rest of his life and never let go even once.

Yunho opened the door to a crying-but-smiling Jaejoong. The gap between the two dispersed when Jaejoong rushed forward. Yunho’s eyes rolled to the back of his head in the kiss that was unknown to the rest of the world, but to every YunJae shipper, that very day was much brighter than the rest they had ever lived.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Can I get a "WHOOP, WHOOP!" for the update?! Yeah, probably not... Anyway! THEY KISSED! 8D It's a happy day YunJae fans! We shall cherish this for a very long time because this won't be happening again for a very long time. //hinting at future chapters

Other than that, how was it? (Short, I know, but I thought the length was just right :3) Leave a comment below ^^ Oh, and welcome to any new subscribers :D I'll do my best to bring great chapters to you :)