Chapter 9

Hard Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

If you want background music, click this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd8BteACSR8

Also beware, I added a rather intimate kiss scene, so if you don't like or are sensitive to this sort of thing, don't say I didn't warn you.

 

Donghae:

I had taken him to the park we used to play at when we were little. It hadn't changed a bit. The fountain in the center was still running, and I could hear the water trickling gently. There was a slight breeze rushing around us and rustling the leaves at our feet. The fountain was where most of our childhood memories together existed. When the blindfold dropped, I watched his expression closely. His beady eyes flicked around, taking in the scenery. A slow realization crept over his face. A gust of cool wind blew past us, making a chill run up my spine and the hair on my neck stand. His lips slowly eased into a smile, pulling at my heart strings. "I know where we are." He took a step and put his hands in his pockets, looking up at the night sky. The park lights dimly lit up the park, making everything look as if it were sparkling. Leisurely, he picked up his feet, one by one, wandering in a cirlcle around the marble fountain. "This is where we met as kids." I watched him, taking it all in. He looked distant and unreachable under the starts, next to the trickling water. Is this real? Is he real? He looks so... perfect.

 

Eunhyuk:

All the memories of our childhood raced through my mind. My eyes watered, not from sadness, but from pure bliss.  I sat on the edge of the fountain and ran my fingertips along the smooth marble exterior. Trickles of water sprayed my face gently as they bounced out of the fountain like a light mist. I breathed in deeply through my nose and inhaled the crisp air. I'd been so absorbed in the feel of things that Donghae's voice startled me. "What are you thinking?" He was standing infront of me, looking at the water. I rolled up my sleeve and stuck my hand in the water. I fished around at the bottom until I'd gotten hold of a coin and pulled it out of the water, shaking it off lightly. I held it up to the light. "I was wondering if the coin we threw in there together might still be there." He smiled and took the coin from my fingers. "If not, we'll make this one ours, and throw it in just to be sure." His eyes were glossy and I could see the happiness in his eyes as he tossed it back. It made a quiet *plop* and we watched it sink to the bottom with the rest of the glimmering coins that were tossed the same way. I wondered how many other people had tossed their coins in there with the same feelings. Full of hope and happiness.

 

Donghae:

Our eyes locked. Eunhyuk's tendons tensed underneath the warm, sensitive flesh of his neck. My pulse beat heavily. I could hear it in my ears and feel it in t

Please log in to read the full chapter