Chapter 11

Hard Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk:

The van was silent and awkward. Plexiglass supported my head while I leaned against the window. It was cold, hard, and uncomfortable. Tears slid down the glass. A dry, wrenching sob heaved from my chest, shaking my shoulders. I had to do my best not to wake Donghae, who was sleeping with his own head against the window on the other side of the van. Neither did I want the others to know I was crying. The phrase Donghae said repeated in my head over and over. "We seriously... Can't be together... Can we?" I had kept my composure cool and calm earlier, but immediately once we got into the van, my head hit the glass and tears started flowing freely. I'd just realized my feelings, and now I can't show them. Maybe it really is best if I just deny everything and get over him...

 

Donghae:

I could hear Hyukjae crying. It burned wounds into my heart. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on the window, trying to block out the pain. A solitary tear slipped from my eye and slid down my cheek. One day of happiness. That's all we got. I wanted to hold him and his face and tell him everything would be okay, even if it were a lie. I couldn't stand the sound of his mourning. It was quiet, but noticeable. He would take sharp inhales and you could hear his rasp breathing. I caught glances of him through the corner of my eye every now and then. If Leeteuk weren't here, I would wrap my arms around him and console him, kissing his face all over. Anything to stop his crying. Anything.

 

Eunhyuk:

Leeteuk was driving, and I could see him glancing back at me every now and then from the driver's seat. I dried my tears, embarrassed. The van swerved as he divided his concentration. He snapped his eyes back to the road and corrected the vehicle. "Yah! Watch the road!" Kangin was next to him, hitting his shoulder and pointing at the road. "You're such a bad driver!" Leeteuk blinked repetedly and stuttered. "S-s-sorry. I-I'm really not comfortable with driving..." Kangin sighed prominently and put his forehead in his palm. "Let me drive." Leeteuk stuck his elbow out as Kangin tried to take hold of the wheel. "No! I can do this! I won't learn until you let me!" Kangin raised his voice, and threw his arms in the air, frustrated. "But we're all going to die!!!!!!!!" Leeteuk redirected his attention to Kangin, flustered. "D-die?" The van swerved again and Kangin grabbed the wheel, his hands closing over Leeteuk's. "Yah! Pay attention!"

 

Donghae:

I pulled my head away from the window and looked at the commotion going on in the front of the van. It was swerving and I was having trouble staying up right. We hit a curb and Eunhyuk came flying my direction. I caught his shoulders awkwardly. He looked up at me, surprised. Our pupils locked, and I could see hurt and embarrassment in his beady eyes. His lids w

Please log in to read the full chapter