Chapter 13

Hard Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk:

Someone's fingers were entwined in my hair, my scalp softly and delicately. My eyelids fluttered open and the stopped. I looked up to see Donghae smiling down at me. I sat up instantly, clutching his hand and creasing my face with worry. He giggled and wiped the drool marks from my lip. I examined the room frantically. No one was in here except us two. There were various medical equipments like heart monitors, blood pressure machines, o2 sats, nebulizers, emergency defibrilators, and many many more I couldn't even identify. Most of it was either metal or flesh colored. English writing coated some of it and made me feel overwhelmed. I'd never liked hospitals. I can't even get my blood drawn without getting scared. "I'm okay. It's just a minor concussion. I don't know why everyone made such a big deal. It was just a light stick." I noticed the cut on the side of his temple. It was better now, but it still looked sore. "They didn't cover your wound?" My voice was filled with worry. He pursed his lips and shook his head. "No, they said it was better for it to be open to the air to heal more naturally. If it were a more serious wound they definitely would have put gauze over it." I scooted closer and cupped his jaw in my hand, rubbing the sensitive flesh near his wound with my thumb lightly and gingerly. "I would take it away if I could..." He pressed his head into my palm and closed his eyes, covering my hand with his own. Leeteuk and Kangin opened the door, startling me. I pulled back and fixed my clothes, feeling guilty.

 

Donghae: 

To be honest, my head hurt like hell. I just wanted to sleep, but couldn't show Eunhyuk that I was in pain. "Kangin and I have decided that it's best if Donghae takes a break for a while." Eunhyuk leaned forward, his elbows on his knees. His fingers were laced together so tightly his knuckles turned white. "Why? Isn't it just a minor wound? Won't he be alright?" They exchanged glances. "We just feel it's best. He's fine." I exhaled with relief. I wondered if they would keep it a secret like I'd asked, but now I wouldn't have to worry. I ruffled his hair and tried sitting up. My head spun and my breath caught in my lungs. It felt like a tsunami washed through my brain and I was feeling the after affects. I had to grin in bear it in order to keep my pain from showing infront of Eunhyuk. "Can't I take one with him?" Leeteuk shook his head, but Kangin punched him in the shoulder lightly and gave him a warning look. "Er... I guess so." Be it true that I was a little upset that I wouldn't be able to attend Kangin's going away party. He was going to return to the army from his break in 3 days. I apologized to him. "I'm sorry I won't be able to go to your party before you leave..." Leeteuk's expression darkened and he lowered his head, hiding his face with his hair. His hands clenched into fists and the veins in his wrists popped out. "No, no. Don't worry about it. It's not something you can really do anything about." I nodded. "So... how long is your training this time? Will you be back for an other break any time soon? How about the holidays?" He shook his head. "Probably not, unless they get new trainees and decide to go easy on me and focus on them instead." He gave a fake smile and brushed it off of his shoulder. I felt bad for him. He'd be away from his family and friends during Christmas unless he got lucky. Leeteuk clenched his jaw. His body was trembling slightly, and his voice shook. "I don't want to talk about this anymore." He his heels and pushed on the door, shoving it open and marching down the hallway. The hinges slammed the door shut with a bang.

 

Eunhyuk:

Kangin chased after Leeteuk, shouting his name all the way down the hallway. His voice faded as he got farther away. I took this opportunity to lay in the bed next to Hae and wrap my arms around his shoulders, cuddling him close. He turn

Please log in to read the full chapter