Chapter 14

Hard Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

SPECIAL: KANGTEUK POV

Also, I'm adding optional background music from a different artist other than 10cm. This is probably going to be a rare occurence. xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S1t0mIfpVc&list=FLPd4xxygG7wGU_VZVGjqeVA&index=129&feature=plpp_video

Leeteuk:

My cell phone buzzed obnoxiously in my pocket. Instinctively, I reached down to pull it out, but a hand closed over mine. It was warm, and definitely familiar. Kangin. "Don't answer it, Hyung." His deep voice penetrated my eardrums. He spoke in a low, quiet tone. I gave him a warning look. "Why?" Something flashed in his eyes that made me unable to read his expression clearly. "Why not?", I repeated. I jerked my head towards him, making the makeup artist's skillful hand mess up and draw a line across my face with dark brown eyeliner. She squeezed her eyebrows together and poked the underside of my chin with her long, red fingernails, forcing me to face her so she could wipe off the mistake. After a moment of silence, he spoke, his voice sounding choked and husky. "Just... Earlier, when you weren't looking... Your phone vibrated, so I checked it, in case it might be important. I don't like that Sora is texting you again. Didn't she break up with you? Doesn't it... Bother you?" I narrowed my eyes and stared directly into his pupils. "You. You looked at my cell phone without permission?" My voice broke towards the end of my sentence. "Did you... Read what she said?" Slowly, he nodded. His hair fell over his eyes, shading them. For some reason, it made me slightly uncomfortable for him to know that she was trying to get me back. "I wish you would stop texting her back. She's only going to hurt you again." A sharp pang of guilt flooded over my body. He still thinks she's the one who dumped me. "Hyung. Are you listening?" I squeezed my eyelids shut, trying to block out his words. "Hyung." He sounded like a nagging mother. If only... If only his words didn't affect me so much.

 

Kangin:

I clenched my jaw tightly. He wasn't listening to me. "Hyung." There he goes again, closing his eyes and ears, blocking me out. "Hyung! Listen to me!" I grabbed his arm, my fingers gripping the black leather jacket tightly. Abruptly, he stood. He didn't look at me as he turned around, fixing his clothes. There it is again. His back. "Hyung! Yah! Where are you going?" He started to walk away, his posture stiff. I flung my body up from the chair, various accessories and  makeups tumbling to the floor, breaking and busting open. I didn't care. My legs carried me after him.

 

Leeteuk:

Unable to take anymore of this emotional guilt, I left. My foot steps echoed through the dark, empty hallway as I made my way to the storage room to clear my head. This is wrong. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why does he affect me so much? I hate this. I hate you. I hate you Kangin. I hate you for doing this to me. I slammed my back into one of the walls in the pitch black of the storage room and sank to my in a crouching position. I held out my hands infront of me as if I were looking at them, but in all honesty, I couldn't see a thing. "Why did you leave?" Kangin's voice startled me. "You followed me?" He switched on the light and I could see him clearly. His eyes were angry. "Why did you leave! What's your problem!" His voice rose, and it bounced off of the cold, concrete walls, surrounding me and making me shiver. I wrapped my arms around my shoulders and squeezed, letting my eyelids fall shut. My lashes tickled my face softly. "Please stop talking." My vocal chords buzzed softly as I murmered the solitary phrase. Contrary to my wishes, he continued. "Hyung. I don't get you. I don't get you at all. One second you're the warm, caring leader, the next, you're cold and ignoring. I wish you'd ju-" I cut him off. "SHUT UP!!!" My own voice startled even myself. I had placed my hands over my ears, clutching at my head tightly, my nails digging into my scalp. "H-Hyung..." Why? Why am I like this? "Don't talk! Stop talking! Get out of my head!!!"

Please log in to read the full chapter