Chapter 6

Hard Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk:

I heard some commotion rising in the living room and decided to check it out. Donghae collapsed in the doorway with Siwon on his back. Leeteuk appeared behind them and turned Siwon over, freeing Donghae. He got up on his hands and knees and panted for a second before regaining his energy and dragging Siwon to the couch by his arms. That crazy bastard had a smile on his face the whole time they were dragging and dropping and throwing him around like a sack of potatoes. I was sure he wasn't conscious. There was no way. Leeteuk spotted me watching from the hallway. "Ah, Monkey, come give us a hand." I shrugged and walked over leisurely, waiting for a reaction from Donghae. He ignored me. Completely. Didn't even look up once. I sneered and picked up Siwon's legs, helping him move the handsome block-head onto the cushions. He immediately dusted off his hands and walked away, dissappearing out the door.

 

Donghae:

I cursed myself. What are you doing, Hae? You're making things more awkward. Great job. GREAT job. A hand caught my arm and pulled me out of my thoughts. It was Eunhyuk. Had he chased me out of the dorm? "Let's be brothers." I cocked my head to the side. "I thought we already were...?" He shook his head. His eyes were serious. "I mean REAL brothers. A bond no one can break." My heart bobbed. Brothers? He doesn't like me that way? Just as a brother? If that meant he would stop getting angry at me all the time though... If it meant I could always spend time with him... "...Brothers?" He nodded, his lips pursed. "We can be like maternal brothers. Nothing can tear us apart. We can hug and console each other and it won't be weird." It sounded nice, but my heart still sank. Just as a brother... "You don't like it?" I shook my head violently, my hair swaying back and forth. "No. I like it. Let's do it." He held out his hand with his pinky extended. "Promise." I linked his pinky and we touched our thumbs. "Promise."

 

Eunhyuk:

I felt this was best. It could break me from my nonsense and bring me back to reality. This promise sealed it. I. From now on. Do not like Donghae as a lover. I like him as a brother. Those are my true feelings. I smiled and hugged him, patting his back. He seemed a little surprised but patted my back as well, hesitantly. I pulled back and smiled, looking into his eyes. "Perfect." This is how it should be. His expression was a tad bit dissappointed, but I'm sure it wasn't anything I needed to worry about.

 

Donghae:

It was weird. Too different. But I suppose I liked it. He would smile at me with that signature gummy smile of his. He'd also touch me. Not intimately, but in a casual, friendly way. A little swipe of the shoulder, or pat on the back. It made my stomach feel fuzzy inside. But then that sinking feeling would return when I would remind myself it's not like that. I found myself staring at him and watching him go about his regular ways. Except this time, smiling. I missed his smiles. After the car accident he hadn't smiled much, but now he's back. The Eunhyuk I felt all those feelings for has emerged again. I felt myself tearing up inside. This was going to be one hell of a rollercoaster. We were sitting down in the living room with bowls of Ramyun in our hands. The instant, microwaveable stuff of course. We were on the blue couch, and he was sitting next to me. He'd poke me every now and then and point at the TV, laughing at it. Truth is, I wasn't even paying attention to the TV. I would fake a laugh with him, just to make it seem like I was watching. But I was too busy thinking about how his leg would touch mine every now and then and how he'd lean in and say something in my ear occasionally. It was all so much. So old, yet so new.

 

Eunhyuk:

I looked at him funny. He kept laughing hysterically. It wasn't that funny, and I could tell he wasn't seriously laughing. I had stopped laughing about 2 minutes ago and he wasn't even looking at the screen or me. His eyes were closed and he was slapping the arm of the couch. He lifted a finger to his eye and wiped a tear away as if he were laughing so hard he was crying. His face was bright red and he was gasping for air. I pursed my lips in a thin line and gazed at him, expressionless. "You don't have to try

Please log in to read the full chapter