Past or Present

Somebody's Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jein kept silent as she let Jaehyun get immersed in his emotions. She knew how he felt because she, too, liked Sumi so much and thought that it was very unfair of her to just leave them like that. But she has her reasons. Jein started feeling her eyes getting wet so she quickly dried them up.

"I know you feel really confused right now so I'll give you time to think all this through. I'll just work on the next schedules so just give me a call when you feel better."

She gave Jaehyun a pat on the shoulder and was about to walk away.

"Can't you stay longer?"

Jein didn't respond and just stood where she was.

"Thank you for telling me. I understand everything and I actually feel a lot better now."

"It was the only favor she asked of me. I didn't tell you because I wanted to so don't thank me."

Jaehyun snickered.

"You really are just like her."

Jein clenched her fists and lowered her head.

"I will never be like her. Because she will always be a better person than I am."

Then she started crying. Jaehyun, startled, moved over to check on her. He slowly wrapped his arms around her and gently rubbed ber back.

He thought, 'She must have had it more difficult than me since she became part of their family.'

Jein just kept crying until she got tired. Jaehyun almost laughed when he found her asleep in his arms.

"Whatever you say, the both of you are totally alike in everyway."

He put her down on the bed and put a blanket on her. He just stared at her while she was sleeping and noticed that she has five moles on the shoulder that looked like the Cassiopeia constellation. He smiled.

"I finally found something unique to you, Miss Song Jein."

After a few hours, Jein woke up only to find Jaehyun staring intently at her. She was startled so much that she quickly jumped out of bed and checked on the time. Her eyes widened and her jaws dropped. It was already 9 in the evening. 

"Oh dear, how long was I sleeping?"

"5 or 6 hours I think. I don't know for sure, I didn't look at the time."

Jein started panicking and picked up her stuff one by one. 

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"It's rude to wake up a beautiful sleeping lady."

Jein paused as she felt her face get warm and her heart skip a beat.

"Whatever. I need to go now. Oppa will worry."

Jaehyun felt his heart hurt a little but he just brushed it off. 

Jein briskly walked to the door with a lethargic Jaehyun tailing behind her. Before Jein opens the door, Jaehyun gently held her by the wrist and said, "I have finally moved on. Can I start liking you instead?"

An awkward air filled the room as they both stared in each others' eyes.

"Wake up, Mr. Ahn. You have a girlfriend and I'm pretty sure you know I have a boyfriend, too. Let's just keep living by that."

She coldly took his hands off of her and continued, "Whatever you know about me stays with you. I will trust you on that."

She opened the door and stepped out. 

"See you tomorrow. If you don't show up, I will cancel the contract and make you pay your dues."

And with that, she stormed off.

As the door closed on Jaehyun, it finally dawned on him. He gave himself a slap.

"I really must have gone crazy."

He kept rubbing his face in an irritated manner while stomping his feet going to his room. It was a little crazy how he felt nothing for Sumi anymore after hearing the whole story f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter