Her and Him

Somebody's Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jein stood by the door in front of two awkward guys. She gave a greeting bow and immediately stated her reason for the visit even though Jaehyun doesn't look like he's ready to listen. 

"Well, it's good that you're home and you seem to be doing just fine." She paused and waited for Jaehyun to get back to his senses. "I've been calling you for the past few days but you never picked up. I require an explanation."

Jaehyun, puzzled at what Jein said, quickly checked his phone. There weren't any calls from her. He checked his contacts and found that he didn't register her number yet. He went back to his call logs and found one number which seemed to be calling him for more than thirty times for the past few days. He showed the number to Jein. 

"Hmm, I'm a little disappointed. You haven't registered my number yet, figures why you won't pick up."

Jaehyun was about to apologize when Jein suddenly interrupted him.

"No need for an apology. It was probably an honest mistake. Anyway, since I'm already here, I want to remind you of tomorrow's practice shoot with Inguk oppa. I believe you already have the details so we'll just be expecting you there by tomorrow. That would be all. I'll be going now." She gave a generous bow and went on her way. 

The two awestruck men weren't even able to utter a single word to her. She just up and went and made them into the fools they are now. Joonyoung was just so fascinated that, all the while, his friend's stories were true. Jaehyun, on the other hand, was just speechless and frozen from beginning to the end of their conversation. Just then, she came walking back. 

She pointed at Joonyoung.

"Jung Joonyoung?"

Joonyoung just nodded in reply. 

"Are you a close friend of him?" She asked now pointing at Jaehyun.

Joonyoung nodded again.

"Oh, good. Can I contact you whenever he's out of reach?" She asked as she took out her phone. 

Joonyoung nodded once more and they exchanged phone numbers. After saying her gratitudes, she bid them farewell.

"You were actually telling the truth. It is her."

Joonyoung exclaimed, still amazed at what he saw with his own eyes. He couldn't even believe he got her number. They both sat down the couch with stiff expressions.

"Anyway, why does she refer to Seo Inguk as oppa?" Joonyoung inquired. "It's the same Seo Inguk, right?"

"Yeah, I heard they've been close since her high school days." Jaehyun soullessly replied.

There had been a long silence between them for a while until Jaehyun suddenly stood up with a determined gaze. He clenched his fist and whispered, "I must uncover this mystery."

Joonyoung can't help but laugh at his friend. 

"Your life suddenly turned into a mystery drama." He jumped and put an arm around his friend's shoulders. "Can I come with you tomorrow?"

"I'm sorry, but you can't. Unless you have an official business with her, I can't take you. It's in the contract. She is a little strict when it come to work." Jaehyun replied, acting like his normal self now.

"Can I call her and ask, then?" Joonyoung kidded.

Jaehyun scowled at him and said, "Don't even think about it."

Joonyoung sulked and they spent the rest of the day talking about Jaehyun's new work. 

Before Joonyoung left, he reminded Jaehyun not to get too carried away with his emotions. It's going to be difficult for him to see her during work but he must not do anything ridiculous.

"Miss Song Jein might not be Sumi. K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter