Contract

Somebody's Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaehyun got a call from the secretary asking him to report to the office again for the finalization of the contract. He informed his manager about it and got scolded for not telling them before signing it. Jaehyun was summoned at his company to discuss the details. So far, it was good for them. They actually liked that it was Jein, herself, that scouted him. The company even told him it might be a good break for him. Even though he signed the contract before telling his company, luckily, they overlooked that because it was a good deal.

Later that afternoon, Jaehyun and his manager went to Je T' aime Couture to finalize everything. Sumi was back from the trip and they went over the details of both the contract and the schedule with Jaehyun's manager.

It all worked out well. Their first schedule will be a practice shoot with Inguk since their first project will also be with him.

"Are you sure you don't have any personal conditions? You can't change your mind after we make this contract official." Jein reminded Jaehyun. She feels it was but fair to have him write some of his restrictions or limitations in mind.

Jaehyun thought for a few moments and finally came up with something.

"Actually, about that, I think I do have a few."

Jein handed him the paper and he began writing down. He returned it to her and she read what he wrote.

"First. Everything regarding Ahn Jaehyun or connected to Ahn Jaehyun, whether it be personal or about work, will not be with held from him?."

Jaehyun nodded. And Jein agreed.

"Second. Future agreements or any work-related issue must be dealt with in person." Jein nodded and continued, "Sounds fair enough. And lastly. Private life must be kept private and should not be a reason for an unsatisfactory work ethic."

Jein lightly snorted after reading the last condition.

"I should have been the one to write this. In any case, as long as it's here, it's all good."

Jein signed the paper and they put their seals on. That makes everything official, legal, and irrevocable.

"So, we've got everything settled. We'll be giving you both a call the day before to remind you of the next day schedule." She stood up and gave a thank you bow to the two men. "We are looking forward to working with you."

Jein summed up the meeting, shaking both Jaehyun's and his manager's hand. 

"Thank you so much for having us. It is an honor to be working with you, Ms. Ellaine."

The manager responded, shaking Jein's hand vigorously. Jaehyun, getting irritated for whatever reason, stopped his manager's hand and gestured to let go. The manager was a little confused but he still did as told.

"Let's just keep a low profile. I'm not one for fancy compliments anyway." Jein said as she opened the door for the two.

They bid their goodbyes and the two went on their way back to their company to report everything that happened. While driving, Jaehyun's manager can't contain his curiosity anymore and he just had to ask. 

"How did you get scouted by her again? It's just so out of the blue."

Jaehyun snickered and told him how he got her card. To the manager, their meeting sounded so lame, but for Jaehyun, it was one of the most magical moments that fate had done to him.

"And why did you sign the contract without informing us? Were you smitten by her at first sight?"

His manager just can't get enough gossip. But the question just brought a bright smile to his face.

'Smitten? At first sight?' Those words played in Jaehyun's mind and he can't help but remember the first time they met. The past he didn't want to bury. The past that he's been yearning to get back. The thought of 'possibly' getting Sumi back definitely brought a bunch of butterflies in his stomach. 

"Why do you kee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter