You But Not You

Somebody's Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hello. Mr. Ahn Jaehyun."

He jumped at a nostalgic voice that woke him up from his daydream. His eyes widened and his mind went blank at the sight of the person. It was the same girl he saw that night. Without much thought, he wrapped the lady in an embrace. She was startled but didn't resist.

"Mr. Ahn Jaehyun?" She called his name again hoping he would let go but he just held on tighter and started whispering.

"Sumi-ah. Where have you been? I missed you so much." He whispered as tears ran down his face. 

"Mr. Ahn Jaehyun, I'm sorry but I think you got the wrong person." She said as she struggled from his embrace.

Jaehyun held and studied the lady in front of him. He was sure it was the same lady he saw that night; the same Sumi.

"What do you mean I got the wrong person?"

He just can't believe what she said. Her face, her voice and her unusual habit; they are all Sumi's. He is not convinced that the lady in front of him is not Sumi. She might just be testing him, he thought.

"I mean exactly what I said. My name is Song Jein. I am a fashion designer and I approached you hoping I could discuss some work with you."

He didn't get everything she just said aside from her name. 'She said her name is Jein and not Sumi. Does that even make sense?' He thought. He forced a laugh and said, "Hey, Park Sumi, I think this joke is too much."

Sumi put his arms, that were still holding her, down and put on a serious face.

"I am sorry. I am not this Park Sumi you are speaking of. Here is my calling card. You can call me if you are interested in doing work with me. It was nice to meeting you. Then, I'll be going."

She left him frozen in disbelief. He stood there with the card in his hand. He slowly lifted it up to his face to check if she really wasn't pulling a prank on him. It read:

JEIN 'Ellaine' SONG
International Fashion Designer
Je T' aime Couture, owner

He flopped on the bench he was sitting on before. He just couldn't believe it, or rather, he didn't want to accept it. But all about her was Sumi's. Even the way she walked away, it was Sumi's, indeed. Jaehyun thought he must have been so desperate that he's going crazy. Still, he knows her better than anyone else, or at least that's what he thinks. He's so confused now. He looked at the calling card and decided then and there to take her offer. At least he'll be around her, he can confirm whether he was right or he's really gone crazy. 

He wants to know more about her. Whether she is Sumi or not, he won't lose her again. If he was indeed wrong, at least he did something to uncover the truth or, at some point, clear his confused mind.

For the past few days, Jaehyun's girlfriend felt like she was being neglected. Jaehyun rarely had time for her. Whenever she calls, he would tell her he's busy. She is slowly getting fed up. He, later, told her that he signed a new contract to model for a certain clothing line. When she learned which designer he's working with, she begged him to let her meet the designer as she is such a huge fan of her.

When Jaehyun signed the contract, Jein was out of town so they discussed the terms via phone call with Sumi's secretary recording the whole transaction beside Jaehyun. At the end of the contract, there were 'personal conditions'. Jein already wrote hers and Jaehyun could add his if he has some conditions of his own. Reading Jein's, it said:

1. No getting involved with the owner/directors' personal matters.
2. No neglection with everything related to work including absences and tardiness

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter