Truth Be Told

Somebody's Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The practice shoot was a success. Jein was satisfied with Jaehyun's performance. After the last shoot, Jein was too happy that she unconsciously embraced the two guys. Jaehyun froze. Sumi hated any form of skinship. He looked at Jein with a very troubled face. Jein stared back.

"I'm so sorry. I was just too happy. I will keep in mind that you have a girlfriend so I won't do it next time. I'm really sorry." Jein misundertood Jaehyun and sincerely apologized. 

Jaehyun, on the other hand, was still lost.

Jein wrapped up the set and thanked everyone. She reminded Jaehyun to come by with his manager at the office tomorrow to review the finalized photos from the practice shoot and discuss the upcoming schedules. Jaehyun heard everything but was too spaced out to understand. Jein sent him off as he drove away from the place without uttering a single word after the shoot. He drove and parked somewhere to think. He was too bothered so he called Joonyoung. After hanging up with Joonyoung, Jaehyun received a call from an unknown number. He hesitated but eventually picked up after a few rings. It was Inguk. He asked Jaehyun to meet up and talk. Jaehyun had no reason to refuse so he told him where he was. And he could really use a company and a distraction right now. 

Inguk arrived with a worried look on his face.  Jaehyun forced a smile.

"Hi. What's up?" Jaehyun greeted as Inguk stopped beside him.

"I was going to ask you that. Jein was too concerned about what happened. She thought you might still be upset at what she did because you didn't talk until you left."

Inguk didn't beat around the bush and said his purpose for being there without holding back.

"Ah. I'm sorry. That's not her fault. It was me. I just remembered something important after the shoot. Sorry for making her troubled. Should I call and tell her?"

Jaehyun sounded sincerely concerned. He was just a little confused earlier and didn't think that he was acting strange.

"No, you don't have to. I'll just tell her."

They both thanked each other and decided to part ways when Inguk turned around and called to Jaehyun.

"I think I should let you know since you're working with us; Jein is my girlfriend. I don't want you hearing it from other people that we're together." Inguk paused. "Well, that's all. Don't think too much, man. See you." And with that, he left. 

Jaehyun was in a complete state of shock. All that happened today gave him a big blow in the heart and mind one after another. Joonyoung arrived just as Inguk drove his car away.

"Oh, were you with him?"

Joonyoung greeted at the spaced out Jaehyun.

"Hey, what's up? You called me here but you're not talking."

He waved a hand in front of Jaehyun and snapped his fingers right at his face. Jaehyun was startled.

"Oh, you're here."

Jaehyun said as be slowly walked and sat down on a nearby bench.

"Well, yeah. You called me and you sounded so desperate. So, did something happen?"

Joonyoung sat beside him and tapped him on one shoulder.

Jaehyun covered his face with both hands and said, "I don't know what's going on anymore. I'm really confused."

Joonyoung kept silent for a moment to let his friend calm down. Then, he whispered and said, "I don't know what's happening but maybe you're just over thinking."

He wanted to comfort his friend but can't seem to find the right words to say. They've always goofed around and this kind of sad situation because serious talk don't really suit them. 

Jaehyun sighed heavily.

"Maybe you're right. All this is making tired and crazy. Should I stop hoping?"

Jaehyun sat up to look at his friend who looked equally tired and crazy as he is.

"It's not like that. I mean, just let the situation reveal itself. Don't try to force yourself to uncover everything at the same time."

Joonyoung finally made a point. He was, kind of, getting a little stressed out with all of Jaehyun's dramas. He's making everything seem so complicated. Still, Joonyoung tried to understand him since he's not the one in Jaehyun's situation. He wouldn't actually know what it all feels like, so he can't really blame him for acting like that.

Jaehyun didn't protest. He simpl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter