Another You

Somebody's Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an average day for most people. Same schedules, same routines, same normal life. But for a few, this may me a fateful day that they've been waiting for for a long time. Still, fate sometimes arrive at a wrong junction when we, at some point, deviate from it. Not letting fate do its work and putting the judgment in our own hands, most of the time, ruins the flow of our destinies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ahn Jaehyun, a 28-year old model and actor, was busy walking the streets with his girlfriend; a seemingly happy and romantic day for the two. He believes that every girl he dates is his possible lifetime partner. He always loves unconditionally. If it doesn't work out, he says, she might not be what fate prepared for him. He always keeps a positive outlook in life.

They had their normal date. A leisurely walk while they share their thoughts, a good laugh over a romantic dinner, and just sweet quiet time as they enjoyed the view by the river. They had a great time until they were getting ready to go home. He called for a cab and let her get in first. When he was about to hop in, he saw something in his peripheral vision that had his thoughts all muzzled. He bid his girlfriend goodbye and asked her if she could go home by herself tonight. He handed the driver some cash and stormed off. His girlfriend was confused, angry and unhappy all at the same time. But when she took a peek outside, Jaehyun was already out of sight. She pouted, sat back, and just told the driver to go. 

Jaehyun, on the other hand, kept running and looking around with a disturbed mind. He was looking someone. The person he thought he saw. It might have been just his imagination but he still kept looking. After searching so much, he finally found her standing at the other side of the road. A petite lady, with prominent cheekbones, round-slanting dark-brown eyes, and long-black hair. She donned herself in ripped-skinny black jeans, silken-white blouse tucked in front with collars that accentuated her long neck, black Dr. Marten boots, and a black, denim messenger bag. He caught every detail and recognized her with just one look. He panicked as he waited for the pedestrian light to go on. He didn't look away or blink, he just kept his eyes fixed on her without any thoughts. Just then, he saw her walking away and he got really antsy to cross or he might lose her again.

5, 4, 3, the lights counted and he could see her getting farther. 

2, 1, and he ran with all his might. He was tall but she was a a petite figure. She easily got engulfed by the crowd. He couldn't distinguish which head to follow after crossing the streets. He could have recognized her by what she wore but there were just too many people. He was desperate. He gently pushed one person after another as he apologized continuously. He, finally, reached an open area but the lady was nowhere to be found. He searched every alley and corner but stopped when he finally realized that he was just going around in circles. Just as he feared; he lost her. He bent over, panting and catching for his breath. He was really mad and disappointed. She was right there in front of him yet he still lost her.

Too depressed, he decided to walk home. On his way, he got a phone call from his girlfriend. 

"Why did you just leave me like that?" Her voice sounded like she was about to cry.

Jaehyun just realized then what he had done to her. He got too carried away and didn't even consider what she might have felt. He acknowledged that he did something unacceptable and apologized sincerely for it. But in his heart and mind, he did not regret doing it. It might se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter