The Real Past

Somebody's Heartbreak
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the Running Man filming, Jihyo went out with Jein. She thought she had a lot of catching up to do with her 'lil sis'. They kept in touch even when Jein was away but they were still both too busy to be talking about what's happening with their lives in detail. Jihyo took this chance to make it up with her.

"So how are you? How's the shop?" Jihyo asked as they sat comfortably on their seats.

"There's been a lot going on lately, eonnie." Jein began with a long and heavy sigh. Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows as Jein continued. "I'm still okay, though, and the shop is still running smoothly."

"If you and the shop are both fine, then, what are you sighing for? Is it about Inguk?" Jihyo whispered the second question thinking somebody might be listening on them.

Jein shook her head with a frown on her face.

"This won't do. We need to talk in private. Let's just go to my house." Jihyo finally decided as she picked up Jein from her seat and dragged her out of the restaurant.

While they were on their way to Jihyo's place, they continued their conversation.

"How are things with you and Inguk? He seems a little out of it during the filming today." Jihyo curiously asked. Jein was surprised Jihyo noticed something she didn't.

"We're doing alright. Nothing's really wrong. But was he really acting weird today?" Jein was confused and curious about Jihyo's observation.

"Yes, totally. Whenever he looks at you, he's making this depressed, but at the same time, furious expression." Jihyo detailed which made Jein recall the day and try to look for that expression somewhere in her memory.

Jein wasn't able to respond to Jihyo after that but Jihyo didn't push the topic for the rest of the drive. Jein was silent on her seat, thinking what has made Inguk like that and why she never noticed that something was wrong. She must have been to carefree around him that she started to miss out on the small but very important parts of him—of 'them'.

Her heart hurt at the thought of making Inguk suffer by himself. She hated herself for not being conscious enough of Inguk's feelings. The disappointment on her face lasted until they reached Jihyo's house.

When they arrived, Jihyo unlocked the door and escorted Jein in. As soon as they stepped in, there was an unusual smell in the house and the lights were open. The two looked at each other with frightened expressions. They tiptoed in trying to be very careful not to make any sound. They took a peek in the living room, the television was but noone was there. The unknown person seemed to be working on something in the kitchen. The two grabbed something to hit the unwanted visitor with but to their surprise, he jumped out as soon as they were getting ready.

As per instinct, the two girls closed their eyes and started hitting the culprit mercilessly.

"Ow, ow, stop it! It's me!" The familiar voice brought the two girls to a halt. They opened their eyes and sighed a big sigh of relief after recognizing him.

Jihyo glared at him and was about to hit him again but paused mid-air.

"Yah! LEE DONG WOOK!" Jihyo shouted at him. "You scared the living daylights out of me."

"Good thing you only grabbed a pillow and not a vase." Dongwook kidded. He was lucky Jihyo grabbed the wrong weapon because of the fright. "Oh! Jein!" He exclaimed as soon as he recognized her.

"How are you, oppa?" She greeted with a smile and Dong Wook responded with a warm embrace.

"I'm fine. How about you? It's been a long time." He was happy to see the lil sis. She was close to him as much as she was to Jihyo.

He might be a little (or too much) on the eccentric side but he cared for her like her own sister. He had a really warm and familiar gaze in his eyes as he looked at Jein.

"Have you been so busy these days that you weren't able to call your precious oppa even once?" He ranted at Jein and finished with a sulking expression.

"Yah, how old are you to even do that in front of her? Crazy." Jihyo was sickened at the sight of him acting cute. She gently pushed him away and checked out what he was cooking.

Jein laughed at her oppa and eonnie bickering as usual. It made her heavy heart lighten up a bit. She felt so 'at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter